• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:40:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBOC Track Database Downloads Comments

Started by doubledragoncc, February 03, 2017, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finpower

Who has a link where I can track myself
Misano GP 03 V0.7 can download?

Greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

finpower

Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

daye

hello and thanks for your work

it's possible make the same FTP track donwload  ho make Alibaskins  to bikes?   

Please feel free to use the wonderful FTP Sync that Alibaskins provided. I will be updated this also. Bike releases will still be on the 1st and 14th of each month.
Bike MOD Auto Sync [beta-tests]
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1449.0

doubledragoncc

I dont know how to do auto sync and really have no time for more work I just run the database to help out

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: daye on September 02, 2017, 10:11:01 AM
hello and thanks for your work

it's possible make the same FTP track donwload  ho make Alibaskins  to bikes?   

Please feel free to use the wonderful FTP Sync that Alibaskins provided. I will be updated this also. Bike releases will still be on the 1st and 14th of each month.
Bike MOD Auto Sync [beta-tests]
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1449.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 02, 2017, 10:21:24 AM
I dont know how to do auto sync and really have no time for more work I just run the database to help out

DD

Speaking as an "Ex-Track Database Admin", I found that because to have all tracks downloaded and installed takes up a huge amount of space on your hard drive/SSD, that it's pretty pointless to have a synced FTP to keep up to date as there are far fewer track updates than bike updates so it's just very easy to manually download any track you require as and when you need it, or just download the tracks you particularly like to ride on.

I tend to do the same with the bikemods now that server admins have moved over to creating category based bike servers so we don't now need to install all the bikemods in the bikeMOD Database to connect to servers anymore but just the bikes for the server category.
It just saves a lot of disc storage space for bikes and tracks that will hardly ever be used in a lot of cases depending on a riders personal preferences of tracks and bikes they like to ride most.  :)
And it's okay to say that you can set your FTP to only update certain track or bikes, but in my experience I've found FTP programmes unreliable to do the job you want them to do, and like the old saying goes, "if you want a job done properly then you have to do it yourself" to be sure you get what you want.

So as you may have gathered, I'm not a big fan of Auto-sync FTP utilities at all, but this is just my personal opinion of course, others probably find them a very useful piece of kit that saves them time?  :) 8)

doubledragoncc

Got to agree Hawky

I dont auto sync either and I also think some guys may be worried on HD space even if it is not much.

I will just leave it as is and also, tracks dont get updated much like bikes

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Just on note: ftp/autosync doesn't imply you have to sync everything. Syncback can show you all the tracks you miss/need to update and then you can pick the ones you want.
MXB has all sync'ed to an ftp (bokes, tracks, paints, rider paints, gear etc) and it works very fine.

TheFREAK

Good morning everyone,

I did search for this in the forum but couldn't find the answer (if I missed it i apologise), so that's the reason for my post.

What's the difference between the "standard" and "NDS" tracks?

Thanks in advance.

TheFREAK

doubledragoncc

NDS is NON DYNAMIC Surface and the version which works best in GPB for now as it is less likey to core.exe on you.

DD

TheFREAK

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 18, 2017, 12:00:31 PM
NDS is NON DYNAMIC Surface and the version which works best in GPB for now as it is less likey to core.exe on you.

DD

Got it... Thanks DD...  ;D
TheFREAK

neoraptor

Quick question:
Could we not convert all tracks into .pkz ? That way, a sync of the mega folder could be done (official tool here: https://mega.nz/sync).
Or put all the pkz into a FTP server as well.

The same could be done with the bikes (though the FTP works really well and has no day limits).

I could help convert them into .pkz if needed ;)
Thanks !
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

matty0l215

Yes very easily. Just pack the folder into a  .zip and then rename it .pkz. that is all they are.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

neoraptor

Quote from: matty0l215 on June 07, 2018, 09:18:01 PM
Yes very easily. Just pack the folder into a  .zip and then rename it .pkz. that is all they are.
Yes, I know it is easy to do it, but currently the Mega folder is a mix between .rar / .zip / .pkz
It would be nice to clean them (to have only pkz).
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Sobczak

Today I downloaded new Catalunya and in some spots of the track FPS going down.. what is the reason?