• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:32:14 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP250cc BikeMod [Beta 12b]

Started by Jose Reina, March 03, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tchemi

Yep...

That doesn't help me to stop the bike on the top of the hill ahead the corkscrew on Laguna Seca  :-\ :P

LOOPATELI

just break earlier hahahah

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 30, 2017, 08:20:03 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on May 29, 2017, 05:02:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 29, 2017, 04:42:09 PM
You didn't experience brake fade did you? Can happen if the brakes get too hot.
Not with carbon. In fact the opposite should be correct. Carbon break disks increase effictivness the hotter they get, It's one of the reasons that they are used. So they should fade in almost
At the risk of being called a picky bastard, carbon brakes can have fading too.
Past a certain temperature, they brake less, just like steel brakes.
What is true about carbon vs steel is that carbon needs to be kept at the right temp more than steel (i.e. a cold steel brake will still brake quite significantly while a cold carbon will brake much less).
Carbon will also brake a bit more than steel (both at their optimal temp) and, probably most important, is significantly lighter (unsuspended rotating mass = bad).

That's why you go for steel in rain (also because you may need less peak force) and why on some tracks they put on some brake fairing on carbon discs (to avoid them cooling down too much on long straights).

Thanks for the explanation Max.  ;)

I know in F1 they talk about the carbon brakes getting too hot and fading(also increases carbon disc wear too, ultimately ending in disc failure), and also they talk about when the carbon brakes get too cold they are almost useless for any real braking power; this is why you also need to choose which type of brake disc you use depending on whether the track braking points can keep them hot enough to be effective as I don't think brake disc covers are simulated as yet in GPB. Not even sure if the disc wear rate is increased in GPB if carbon discs get too hot either, or for that matter whether brake disc wear/failure is even simulated at all?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on May 31, 2017, 07:12:05 AM
Not even sure if the disc wear rate is increased in GPB if carbon discs get too hot either, or for that matter whether brake disc wear/failure is even simulated at all?
To my knowledge there's no disc wear in GPB (personally, I don't think it's needed).

Become dust

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 31, 2017, 07:22:17 AM
Quote from: Hawk on May 31, 2017, 07:12:05 AM
Not even sure if the disc wear rate is increased in GPB if carbon discs get too hot either, or for that matter whether brake disc wear/failure is even simulated at all?
To my knowledge there's no disc wear in GPB (personally, I don't think it's needed).

speaking of wear of racing equipment I assume tires wear out in this game, the question is does the wear depend on where the tires have had contact with the track or is it just per "mileage" so to speak.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Become dust on May 31, 2017, 01:28:45 PM
speaking of wear of racing equipment I assume tires wear out in this game, the question is does the wear depend on where the tires have had contact with the track or is it just per "mileage" so to speak.
You can see tyre wear when you go back to the garage (same place where you can see actual tyre temp and pressures).
3 wear zones (left/mifddle/right), I think wear depends on the surface you ride on.  Even if, unless you're CapeDoctor, you should mostly ride on asphalt :)

CapeDoctor

my leathers have certainly done some mileage on the asphalt.....  :P     ;D

Meyer#12

Hey guys! great bikes! just few issues i think needs sorting soon..

- The rear brakes away a bit too easy on the brakes into a turn, feel a bit like a 4-stroke with engine breaking..
- The other thing is the front tyre grip of track.. We need more grip on the front off track, it is impossible to turn off track, as soon as you touch the steering the front just folds.

Hope you will consider these things, will make the bikes a much bigger pleasure to ride and a whole lot less frustrating at times :) 
Meyer#12

LOOPATELI

I'll check it again asap.

Anyway guys you should try not to be always on the limit, as bikes crash and can lose the front or rear if you are on the limit.

Nobody complains about loosing the rear when you apply to much throttle, but you complain about losing the front because of breaking or pushing the front above the limit.

About the engine braking, you're right, it behaves like a fucking 4stroke even if it hasn't too much engine braking. I'll lower it too.

Meyer#12

Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 05, 2017, 04:20:09 PM
I'll check it again asap.

Anyway guys you should try not to be always on the limit, as bikes crash and can lose the front or rear if you are on the limit.

Nobody complains about loosing the rear when you apply to much throttle, but you complain about losing the front because of breaking or pushing the front above the limit.

About the engine braking, you're right, it behaves like a fucking 4stroke even if it hasn't too much engine braking. I'll lower it too.

I was not complaining about the front on track, of course front will slide away of pushing too hard, it is the most comon way of crashing :)

I was thinking of the off track grip on the front, after latest update the rear is much better, but the front is very dificult to manage when trying to get back on track.

Just few improvements, i really enjoy these bikes mate! :)
Meyer#12

LOOPATELI

Ok i?ll check offtrack grips too. In the last update, I use the ones that Caws team uses in all their mods as a standard, wich I think it's a good idea that all mods behaves the same off track

Meyer#12

Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 05, 2017, 04:48:39 PM
Ok i?ll check offtrack grips too. In the last update, I use the ones that Caws team uses in all their mods as a standard, wich I think it's a good idea that all mods behaves the same off track

Oh okay, i just don't seem to have the same issues with our bikes off track. If any help it is on the NSR 99, not sure if it is the same issue with the other bikes :)

But yeah i agree, it is a good idea to use the same on all bikes.
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Must be the sand man.

The sand, man. Not the bogeyman.

Fuc*ing 4 strokes ahahahaaha  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

June 05, 2017, 05:14:56 PM #133 Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:16:31 PM by Hawk
I think you'll probably find that the slippy off-track tyre grip we were experiencing on "Laguna Seca" was simply that the terrain is defined as "SAND"; therefore, together with the big gradients in the terrain at this track, it was like riding in a slippy sandpit. Simple as that.

We've tried altering them for these kind of tracks, but the trouble is that if you make the off-track grip good for a track like Laguna Seca, you then have an off-track tyre grip on normal track terrain with few terrain height differences that allows a rider to ride on grass and sand as if they are on a track surface.... Not good.  :)

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: LOOPATELI on June 05, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

Lol why CAWS standard? The more correct out track grip is the IMT standard and nope we dont change it with a bad one  ;D ;D ;D