• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:24:56 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

My first attempt to mod bike (HONDA CB 400 SF)

Started by poumpouny, May 04, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

Hi everyone,

good news, i think i finished the modeling and texturing process  :), but it is a common process for me as i am a 3d artist, the next stage is more difficult to me i think

here it is :

Now my question is, for exemple for the chassis i have many parts so how do i process :

delete all others parts but the chassis, then save it as chassis.fbx. then convert it as edf file with fbxtoedf, now when i want to add a shader to each part how do i proceed ?

What is the process for the dash board (analogic with needle) how to map the needle position to the speed for exemple ?

Thanx for your help :)

Blackheart

Is quite long to explain the process (but it is easy) now i haven't time, u dont need make nothing for apply the shaders, just select "recalculate" from the plugin or standalone fbx2edf.

I put my exhaust texture, shader and normal for the MV F4 I think it can help you:

poumpouny

May 11, 2017, 03:11:15 PM #17 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:16:27 PM by poumpouny
Thanx Blackheart,

so i have a problem, to just test it, i merge each part into 1 polygon files and then export as model.fbx, then i follow the bike template tutorial but i cannot export a edf file, i can but it is 1Ko ..... what did i do wrong ?

do i need to export to a specific fbx version, now i'm using the 7.5 (2016) version

thx

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 11, 2017, 03:11:15 PM
Thanx Blackheart,

so i have a problem, to just test it, i merge each part into 1 polygon files and then export as model.fbx, then i follow the bike template tutorial but i cannot export a edf file, i can but it is 1Ko ..... what did i do wrong ?

do i need to export to a specific fbx version, now i'm using the 7.5 (2016) version

thx

I use fbx 2010 (I dont remember why lol )

h106frp

If your processing an exported fbx then you shouldd be using the standalone fbx2edf

use Load to find the fbx file

set to mesh

set recalculate

use Save to supply the output filename (*.edf)

hit OK

The log should indicate the compile status steps

When its finished hit Abort to close fbx2edf

poumpouny

I managed to export edf but no matter i use the model.edf with the bike template and the export script, or separate edf file for each part, my model doesn't appears in gp bikes. :(

Blackheart

Depends of your game files (gfx, ect...), try to put your model on a other GP Bikes mod (remember a backup of the original).

poumpouny

i've tried every thing but nothing works.

single edf with script with fbxtoedf
multiple edf of each part then edit the gfx files to change the name
try on gpbike beta 10 and 9
i even try to export my mesh to maya before exporting it to fbx

My bike name appears on the bike list but when i select it, no bike is displayed !

Help please  :'(

Blackheart

Send me in pm a edf i give a look if with me works.

poumpouny

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 12, 2017, 11:24:16 AM
Thx Blackheart !

mp sent

thx I've tested it, and the model works in GP Bikes  :P So I think that the problem its in your gfx

poumpouny

attached the gfx file, juste the one in the tutorial i follow, i don't know what is wrong with it !

Blackheart

Mmh I don't see nothing strange here, maybe it's some ID or name file  check the cfg, engine map(s) geom, etc...

poumpouny

I've check every thing, i even try to take another bike folder and change files etc but still nothing show. when you say it works, you mean you setup a new bike and it appears in gp bike ?

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 12, 2017, 01:07:25 PM
I've check every thing, i even try to take another bike folder and change files etc but still nothing show. when you say it works, you mean you setup a new bike and it appears in gp bike ?

Download if u dont have a bike from the wsbk 2017 set (because I use multiple edf) rename your chassis.edf in the name that I used and try.