• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My first attempt to mod bike (HONDA CB 400 SF)

Started by poumpouny, May 04, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poumpouny

ok now it works but i think i have a pivot problem hahhhaha the bike explode  :o ;D let me check that and i'll go back.

Thanx for your help blackheart :)

poumpouny

Hi Everybody,

I finally manage to deal with edf, pivot etc, and now it is visible and working in gpbike (i use the Kalex moto 2 as template) the official bike template isn't working for some reason.

My problem is that now, i don't have any texture in gpbikes, i've fully unwarp UV and export as fbx, copy all my texture in the my bike's folder, and create a .shd test with my fuel tank texture but is still not showing in gpbikes.

Thanx for your help

Blackheart

May 15, 2017, 02:40:57 PM #32 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:45:39 PM by Blackheart
Do u have some error in the fbx2edf?

Your textures are the right size? Example 512x512 or 1024x512?

P.S. flip the normals for the right grip  ;D

CapeDoctor

poumpouny

May 15, 2017, 03:17:30 PM #34 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:19:49 PM by poumpouny
Ok, thx.

I try to open bike ed but i don't understand anything. so first what is the keybord shortcut for Pan/zoom view in bike ed ?

No i don't have texture error in Fbxtoedf, and yes my texture size is always a standard size (256, 512, 1024 etc .....)

Thx

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 15, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
Ok, thx.

I try to open bike ed but i don't understand anything. so first what is the keybord shortcut for Pan/zoom view in bike ed ?

No i don't have texture error in Fbxtoedf, and yes my texture size is always a standard size (256, 512, 1024 etc .....)

Thx

If i remember well "z" for move and the mouse wheel for zoom.

poumpouny

"Z" is working for pan but not the mouse wheel for zooming !

MultiCOOLFRESH

Oh man, you are a genius. Keep it up man, this is going to be awesome. Do you have actual plans what your next project will be or do you only think about your current project?

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

h106frp

The textures need to be in the location referenced by the fbx file (ie where they were when you exported the file) or packed in the fbx file where they will be unpacked by fbx2edf into a new directory.

Not had much luck trying to get blender to pack textures but you can rebuild the fbx with packed  textures using the autodesk fbx converter tool.

Personally I just leave all the textures in the original location and place my shader files there. You also need to have the textures assigned as materials for them to be associated in the fbx.

Once built the default textures are packed into the edf file so you no longer need any dependancy files.

poumpouny

The texture is applyed as a difuse texture on a material for each part, i have the fbx texture folder in my working folder  but how i'm supposed to move them into the gpbikes bike folder ?

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 15, 2017, 03:30:49 PM
"Z" is working for pan but not the mouse wheel for zooming !

strange tried now and works  :o

P.S. nope u dont need move your textures in the gp bikes folder

h106frp

May 15, 2017, 05:37:26 PM #41 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:00:35 PM by h106frp
Quote from: poumpouny on May 15, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
The texture is applyed as a difuse texture on a material for each part, i have the fbx texture folder in my working folder  but how i'm supposed to move them into the gpbikes bike folder ?

You do not need to, the paint scheme used for the original 3D build becomes the default and is part of the .edf file.

You can use http://www.open3mod.com/ to view the binary fbx or export an ascii and check the texture paths with notepad to be sure evrything references correctly. Had the same issues with my first bike  :)

If your fbx2edf files are successfull your bike should appear in the preview window already fully painted.

You build new liveries using PaintED and these are then swapped out by the game engine. This is why the texture names must stay consistent and the new .pnt file go in a \PAINTS subfolder.

edit:
Not sure you do have your texture assigned as material because the bike has 'plain' paint type material already applied in the image and these two types should be exclusive of each other in this case.

If your using blender your materail assignment should look like this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ctW4QlgobdajNMZERTUTZxclU/view?usp=sharing

poumpouny

Hello,

the problem was that i have some non ^2 bitmap as texture and some jpeg (the noob mistake lol) so thank you guys now i manage to export with texture (i export with fbx 2010).

So  before i move to geometry and physics, i want to do some shader. so now where do i place my .shd file ? in the folder i exported my fbx ? if so when i finished the bike and want to share it to the community how i'm supposed to deal with the shd then if i leave it in the fbx export folder ?.

The Mouse wheel is still not working in BikeEd :(

Thx

matty0l215

The .shd file goes in the folder with the textures
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

I tryed to put some shd in the texture folder but it doesn't change anything in gp bike (i changed specular value etc ......) and i have the same aspect for my bike or do i have to do the shd file before i export my edf ?

I cannot edit anything i bikeEd because i cannot zoom, if someone had any idea why my mouse wheel did not zoom in bikeEd