• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

My first attempt to mod bike (HONDA CB 400 SF)

Started by poumpouny, May 04, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

The shader with the same name of your texture example your textures for the tank is named "tank.tga"  and it is in the folder "x", rename the shader "tank.shd" and put it in the folder x with your texture. But u need redone the conversion in fbx2edf with recalculate normals on.

poumpouny

May 16, 2017, 10:49:29 AM #46 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:01:35 AM by poumpouny
Cool  :), it working now, i'm moving on geometry and engine now, i think i will do the cockpit element later (analog speedometer and engire rpm and neutral light) i think i have to built a more detailed cockpit model.

the driver hand is now offset when i ride with my bike, so where do i can adjuste the driver ik target for hand and legs ?

concerning engine, i'am not a mechanic at all lol, i've search on wikipedia the cb 400 sf tech spec but i don't find any relation beetween the tech spec i'v found and the engine and config file. Where do i put the engine basic spec (4 cyl, 16V, the engine displacement, max rpm etc ....) i checked the GP bikes Wiki but the physic section is empty, as the bike ed lol.

Anyways thanks all to your help
;)

Blackheart

Quote from: poumpouny on May 16, 2017, 10:49:29 AM
the driver hand is now offset when i ride with my bike, so where do i can adjuste the driver ik target for hand and legs ?

In the gfx.cfg under "left/rightgrip" (there are 2 section for this, a for the third person view and a other for 1p views) and under "left/rightpeg" for the boots position.

poumpouny

Get a dyno file from the internet of a CB 400 bike,  :)

now i try to redo it iny enged but when i try , gpbikes get a core.exe error or the engine throlle by itself until max RPM then the engine die, also the dyno file i found stop at 13 000 RPM but my bike can get at 18 000 RPM so i don't know how to fill it in. so what did i do wrong ?

I've found why i cannot zoom in Bike ed, it is because i'm using 2 screen on my computer, the zoom work on the first screen but when i move the bike ed window into the second screen it doesn't work anymore, i think it's a bug.

Here is a little video of a test in Victoria circuit, it's just the 3D model and i just reduce my Max Power and Max speed iny the config file, and change my sound to the kawasaki ZX sound file (wich sound like  my real bike sound)

https://youtu.be/EVCRtGyvrvA

Thx

poumpouny

Hi everyone,
So after one Week of searching i on how to configure the geometry and Engine with real world data, i found the ultimate tutorial (lol) but it is for Mx bike so all is oriented dirt bike,

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=711f0db052c19b9f247dc147d43da909&topic=1546.0

After followign this tutorial, i have manage de input all data i could found of my bike. Now, my problem is :

- My brake cannot stop my bike (i have changed the diameter to the realife data (296 mm ) and change the torque accordignly to the tutorial formula of calculating it, but there is almost no braking in game. Then i try to double the torque (because my bike have 2 front disk brake) but it behave the same.

- The second problem is with gear ration, i put in the ration i found in the Owner manual (wich is a single number per gear :

First gear ratio:   3.3077
Second gear ratio:   2.2941
Third gear ratio:   1.75
Fourth gear ratio:   1.4211
Fifth gear ratio:   1.24
Sixth gear ratio:   1.1299

but in game, with those value, I always have a core.exe crash every time i change my gear so i look to another bike and i found that they use a 2 input gear ratio :

gearing :
   ratio0 = 12, 33      
   ratio1 = 16, 32
   ratio2 = 18, 30      
   ratio3 = 18, 26      
   ratio4 = 23, 30      
   ratio5 = 24, 29

So how do i convert my data into those kind of input ?

Thanx.

poumpouny

May 31, 2017, 02:51:36 PM #50 Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:34:02 AM by poumpouny
Hi,

It's been a while, so i manage to get my physic (geometrie and engine) work, it behave like the real bike (awesome software we have here Pibs  :D). remain the wheel and it will be perfect (for now i use the moto 2 tyre)

So it now have :

Engine :

Real life data for : Engine dyno curve, primary reduction ration, gear ration, sprocket size, clutch max torque, chassis mass, inertia, brake disc (diameter, torque, mass)...

Geometire :

matching real life data for : rake angle, trail, wheel base.
for the rear suspention, since i didn't find any technical data so i just test it by guessing ....

In game, i have the correct acceleration, top speed, and stability. for the maximum leaning angle i cannot say since it still using moto 2 tyre.

Still in wip, the shader is still horible, the dashboard is not working but i decide to make a little video with it in victoria :)

Thanx to all for your help

PS : how to post youtube video direct[/flash]ely on the forum, instead of hyper link ?

davidboda46

Use the Flash buttin and then as Matty wrote in another post:

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 20, 2017, 04:34:25 PM
To get the Video ID of any video on youtube take the normal URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plRvbycYxAM

and Remove watch? and then replace the = with a /

So it should look like this-
https://www.youtube.com/v/XtXfd9XK0X

https://www.youtube.com/v/plRvbycYxAM
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

poumpouny

Hi everyone,

I have issue with my analog speedometer and rpm, i read on other topic that to make an analoge speedometer, i have to make my needle a part of the chassis (i'm using separated edf for each part) . My problem is that my need works (it rotate with my rpm, but as it is a part of the chassis, it doesn't rotate with the steer, so i just stay in the air.

Please help !

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

poumpouny

Not working if i make it part of the c_steer.edf ?  :'( the needle is there but not working at all, just static !

matty0l215

Hmm.... Maybe Piboso could shed some light on this??

I don't think we have ever had a bike that has the clocks mounted to the steer model.

Warlock

if i remember correctly Piboso added for last GPB version support for steering mounted clocks?

matty0l215

June 08, 2017, 10:14:07 PM #57 Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:01:48 AM by matty0l215
The guages and needles will definetly need to be part of the steer model (To match the bars)

Just need the relevent .gfx code...

poumpouny

here is what's in the gfx file :
gauges
{
scene = 0
rpm_analog
{
enable = 1
needle = rpmneedle
axis = y-
step0value = 5000
step0angle = 0
step1value = 17000
step1angle = -225
}

i've make my needle a part of the steering (c_steer.edf because i use a detailled model for 1st person view) and name the needle "rpmneedle". No parenting in the steer fbx file, all part of the steer on the root level.

Steven

Have a look here: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3771.0
Changing "scene = 0" to "analog_scene = 1" should make it work.