• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

FIM MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3 2018

Started by speedfr, March 16, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 09, 2018, 03:27:48 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on September 09, 2018, 01:21:42 PM
Once again it was stupid from Rossi

Not at all, just the media which wants to blow up a story, which is not there.

MCF

I don't think it's right. What you said is just out of the press conference on thursday.
But it comes from few days before when MM said in an interview that he would like to stop the fight with VR.
So, after saying that, it's quiet natural that the journalist ask this question.
It was not a sensational request just from that particular moment.

Anyway, in a gentlemens world, you can't refuse a handshake. Despite everything before.
That doesn't mean you are friends but that you respect the other one.
But yes, people love the fight and disrespectfull decomes the average nowdays.
I won't serve that purpose and stay straight.
VR should have shake hands with MM, what he did is a VERY bad example for the youngs.
That's my way of thinking, living and that's how i teached my 6 kids. I can't say that was a mistake so far.
R E S P E C T as giant Aretha was shouting at the World.

Everyday life and track are two different things.
At my eyes, Rossi is acting very badly and comes down on the respect i have for him.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Blackheart

MCF

+1 everything came from an Italian interview with Marquez. A very bad interview...

Hawk

I'm the sort of person who would bury the hatchet and make-up with anyone who truly means it, but MM doesn't mean it at all, he's just playing the media game and Rossi knows that, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge Rossi on his actions towards MM, Speedy; Rossi knows exactly what games MM is playing with the media and MotoGP fans(Rossi's seen it all before), trust him on this, you'll find in the end he's correct. ;) :)

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: speedfr on September 09, 2018, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on September 09, 2018, 01:21:42 PM
Once again it was stupid from Rossi

MCF

I don't think it's right. What you said is just out of the press conference on thursday.
But it comes from few days before when MM said in an interview that he would like to stop the fight with VR.
So, after saying that, it's quiet natural that the journalist ask this question.
It was not a sensational request just from that particular moment.

Anyway, in a gentlemens world, you can't refuse a handshake. Despite everything before.
That doesn't mean you are friends but that you respect the other one.
But yes, people love the fight and disrespectfull decomes the average nowdays.
I won't serve that purpose and stay straight.
VR should have shake hands with MM, what he did is a VERY bad example for the youngs.
That's my way of thinking, living and that's how i teached my 6 kids. I can't say that was a mistake so far.
R E S P E C T as giant Aretha was shouting at the World.

Everyday life and track are two different things.
At my eyes, Rossi is acting very badly and comes down on the respect i have for him.

1. If there is no problem, there is no need for a handshake.

2. Why does it always have to be via media? Can't they do it behind the scenes? VR said it after Argentina, if MM wants to speek with him, do it without the media and still does it infront of them. You might say "but hey, there was the opportunity.", but I say, he could have said "VR wants to do sth. like that behind the scenes, like he said it in Argentina, so I will respect him and do that."

3. VR a bad example for younger riders? If he has principels (not doing it infront of the media) he is a bad guy?

4. MM lacks the respect on track, VR has every reason to still be salty after Argentina. Lets not forget, he is in his 5th MotoGP season and still rode like a prick. That is the childish and bad behaviour. Rossi does not have to respect MM, for what reason?

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: MultiCOOLFRESH on September 09, 2018, 05:49:17 PM
If there is no problem, then why not doing the handshake and prove it ?
Saying "I have no problem with MM but I won't shake his hand" is contradictory.
Obviously, there is a problem. And that's fine, unless one declares "I have no problem".

3. VR a bad example for younger riders? If he has principels (not doing it infront of the media) he is a bad guy?
You are assuming he would be fine in doing it behind the scene ...
I too think he's giving a bad example: especially from a giant of MotoGP like him, I would expect better.

4. MM lacks the respect on track, VR has every reason to still be salty after Argentina. Lets not forget, he is in his 5th MotoGP season and still rode like a prick. That is the childish and bad behaviour. Rossi does not have to respect MM, for what reason?
VR is salty not only because of what happened in argentina, but also because MM spanked him hard in recent years, because his current bike seems not so good and because he knows time is ticking away. Only 2 out of 4 are on MM (and one he can't be blamed for), rest is Rossi's issue.

speedfr

Quote from: Blackheart on September 09, 2018, 03:58:27 PM

MCF

+1 everything came from an Italian interview with Marquez. A very bad interview...

You are proably right on that, the interview fews days before Misano was badly directed. You got a point there.

And HornetMax said it all, a lot better than me obviously but it's exactly that.
Once more, i really like the pilot VR but not the man aside this past year or two.
And i'm no MM fan.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 09, 2018, 07:44:50 PM
Obviously, there is a problem. And that's fine, unless one declares "I have no problem".

I too think he's giving a bad example: especially from a giant of MotoGP like him, I would expect better.

VR is salty not only because of what happened in argentina, but also because MM spanked him hard in recent years, because his current bike seems not so good and because he knows time is ticking away. Only 2 out of 4 are on MM (and one he can't be blamed for), rest is Rossi's issue.

I wouldn't shake his hand infront of the media, since it seems like MM had no intensions to do it infront of the media. So again, it seems like MM only can do it with the media in his back.

Yes, I am assuming that this would be fine.

Because MM is better than him, he is salty? Never heard so much BS. In 2016, at Catalunya, Rossi also shook MM hand, after the race. Think back, to that time, MM won 2/3 championships and there was the incident in Malaysia 2015. Btw., he Rossi did it without a huge media attention. Aha. Well, this is a weak point. I would guess, that Rossi is still so dissapointed, that MM sometimes still rides like a prick. VR just can't see, that MM has developed a bit, so he does not shake his hand. For sure VR has a problem with MM, but I guess that it is what I said earlier. And that the current Yamaha and last years one is crap, is common sense. Offcourse Rossi has not much time left.

There is no reason to shake a hand of a part time maniac, since mostly MM rides reasonable, who does not seem to care to clear up everything behind the scenes, like Rossi, in this case of Argentina the clear victim, wants to. Imo just reasonable.

MCF
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

Stout Johnson

First and foremost: Fenati should just be banned for life. He is a dangerous a..hole who does not have his emotions in check. He had some unacceptable behaviour before (kicking other riders). He is a tool, he should be dumped.

Strange logic. Just imagine someone asking Pedrosa and Dovizioso to shake hands. If Pedrosa said "there is no need to, we are fine" you would assume he is having a problem with Dovizioso?!

You are assuming he isn't. Based on what? Because you know him personally? Because you can read his mind?

You are imputing things. You obviously do not like Rossi - which is perfectly fine. But don't try to argue things which are clearly only your subjective interpretation.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on September 10, 2018, 08:10:33 AM
Strange logic. Just imagine someone asking Pedrosa and Dovizioso to shake hands. If Pedrosa said "there is no need to, we are fine" you would assume he is having a problem with Dovizioso?!
Except nobody in the world would ever ask Dani And Dovi to shake hands, while some would ask MM and VR to do it. I think there's no need to explain why.

Holding a grudge on MM is something VR is absolutely free to do: he should just admit he's still pissed off at him. Because it's blatantly clear to all.

You are assuming he isn't. Based on what? Because you know him personally? Because you can read his mind?
Actually I wasn't assuming anything, I just pointed out MCF was assuming something.
And anyway, if I had assumed something, it would be based on the same points others use to assume he's fine with.

You are imputing things. You obviously do not like Rossi - which is perfectly fine. But don't try to argue things which are clearly only your subjective interpretation.
You mean the message I replied to was not based on subjective interpretations ?  :o

Anyway, I appreciate VR for his immense career: as stated multiple times here, I think at the moment he's the GOAT.
I also liked him a lot back in the days, when his attitude and behavior were very refreshing and lighthearted.
I just think he's going through the last MotoGP years in a bit of a sad way.

P.S.
I'm wondering what would have happened if VR had given MM that bloody hand-shake.
Probably the very same VR supporters that today say "See ? VR is right here, cause he doesn't accept the hand-shake" would have said "See ? VR is right here, cause he accepts the hand-shake".
This is the problem to me: VR can't be wrong. Ever. On the bike, on the bike development, on MM, on JL, on the others, on anything.

Blackheart

Romano Fenati fired by the team Marinelli and also MV for the next year will look for a new rider.

Bye bye Fenati.

Docfumi

Quote from: Blackheart on September 10, 2018, 11:16:50 AM
Romano Fenati fired by the team Marinelli and also MV for the next year will look for a new rider.

Bye bye Fenati.

He had it coming, that was a total dick move from him. I wish I knew why he was booted from the VR46 team.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 10, 2018, 08:55:25 AM
Except nobody in the world would ever ask Dani And Dovi to shake hands, while some would ask MM and VR to do it. I think there's no need to explain why.

Holding a grudge on MM is something VR is absolutely free to do: he should just admit he's still pissed off at him. Because it's blatantly clear to all.

Actually I wasn't assuming anything, I just pointed out MCF was assuming something.
And anyway, if I had assumed something, it would be based on the same points others use to assume he's fine with.

You mean the message I replied to was not based on subjective interpretations ?  :o

Anyway, I appreciate VR for his immense career: as stated multiple times here, I think at the moment he's the GOAT.
I also liked him a lot back in the days, when his attitude and behavior were very refreshing and lighthearted.
I just think he's going through the last MotoGP years in a bit of a sad way.

P.S.
I'm wondering what would have happened if VR had given MM that bloody hand-shake.
Probably the very same VR supporters that today say "See ? VR is right here, cause he doesn't accept the hand-shake" would have said "See ? VR is right here, cause he accepts the hand-shake".
This is the problem to me: VR can't be wrong. Ever. On the bike, on the bike development, on MM, on JL, on the others, on anything.

Don't forget, Dani Pedrosa refused to shake hands with Marco Simoncelli, after Marco's move left Dani with a broken collarbone. People sometimes forget that a lot of these guys have history and a lot of them hate each other (yes, I know hate is a strong word but I stick by it). There is a moral to the Dani/Marco story though. After Marco got killed, Dani almost quit racing. The fact that they never got the chance to make peace haunted him, and I think that it played a big part in why Dani is such a gentleman and a levelheaded guy in recent years. But, not all riders are the same, and I personally don't like it when riders act like trained monkeys in front of the cameras. So Rossi did not wanna shake Marc's hand... so what? Should they do it so some fans and parts of the media can think that all is well and feel better? No thanks. As long as they don't go "Fenati" on-track, I don't give a rats ass if they shake hands or not. Remember Rainey vs Schwantz? I do and I quite enjoyed their rivalry...

I want to point out that I'm not taking sides here, I'm just saying that I prefer riders to be honest and not put on an act (although, a lot of times they do). As I said many times before, I think both of them can share the blame for all the shit that's been flung around these last seasons. And I also think that everybody watching is entitled to their own opinion, and as long as people don't boo riders or cheer when they crash, that's also fine. It's perfectly fine to be silent and not applaud a rider as an option....

My thoughts...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

As for Fenati... what a wanker. And I actually sort of liked the guy. He rode differently to most other riders in Moto3 (with his big sweeping outside lines) and he was a bit of a character, with arguably some temper problems that I thought he gotten a little bit better control of lately. I did however not think he was a psychopath, until now that is. What he did was completely unacceptable. I think the FIM and Dorna should have handed him a more severe penalty. I would not go as far as to ban him for life, but the rest of the season for sure. And maybe some proof of successful anger management / psychotherapy before he was to be allowed to come back. I also think that they let Canet of to lightly when he intentionally took out Makar Yurchenko in practice at the Argentina GP. The penalties are also there as a warning and deterrent for all the riders and usually the penalties are not harsh enough. What the teams decide to do can vary from team to team so you can't use that as a general rule of law. 

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

I agree with you david, that's why I said I'm fine with VR holding the grudge. But if you want to do that, you say that. You don't say "I have no problem".

Fenati: I think FIM/Dorna just look silly at the moment. You give 2 gp and the team (and next year team) fires him.
Lifetime ban is a bit hard for me too, I would have gone for a 12 months suspension: to give the kid some time to think about it and to have him sort of restart from scratch. Also, surprising they decided that quick on such a major issue.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 10, 2018, 06:37:13 PM
I agree with you david, that's why I said I'm fine with VR holding the grudge. But if you want to do that, you say that. You don't say "I have no problem".

Fenati: I think FIM/Dorna just look silly at the moment. You give 2 gp and the team (and next year team) fires him.
Lifetime ban is a bit hard for me too, I would have gone for a 12 months suspension: to give the kid some time to think about it and to have him sort of restart from scratch. Also, surprising they decided that quick on such a major issue.

I think the Rossi's "I have no problem" was rather meant like "as long as he stays in his corner and me in mine, we don't have a problem racing or sitting next to each other... (that is until something happens on-track again with Marc...)". There are a lot of alternatives hidden in "no problem" :) 

Cheers,

/David