• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:58:37 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Paul Ricard - Track Ratings Poll.

Started by Hawk, January 21, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please rate track "Paul Ricard" (1 to 10). 10 being highest rating

0 (0%)
1 (2.8%)
1 (2.8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
4 (11.1%)
10 (27.8%)
9 (25%)
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 28, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

Hawk

Results will be added to the new GP Bikes Online Server Track Ratings List which can be found at the base of 1st post in the "Track Downloads" thread.

Arvoss

12/10!!! :D Best track of the game for the 1000cc. ;) Very rideable for the 500cc. A bit too bumpy for the R6...

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

RBp

would be 10 for me but I tend to hit the gravel at bendor and flick the bike over the fence where it fails though the floor.

iVolution

Hey hawk, I think what you were trying to figure out is how "rideable" they think the track is right?, because I think people rate it on their personal preference of how well they like the track, not on how good it is to ride or on how good it looks.

Not sure though but I think you were talking about the rideability of each track in another topic.

Hawk

January 22, 2014, 03:31:50 PM #5 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:35:37 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 03:12:19 PM
Hey hawk, I think what you were trying to figure out is how "rideable" they think the track is right?, because I think people rate it on their personal preference of how well they like the track, not on how good it is to ride or on how good it looks.

Not sure though but I think you were talking about the rideability of each track in another topic.

Yes iVolution, you are absolutely right. I would prefer the community to vote on the rideablility of the track rather than whether the track is their favourite or not, but I've come to realise that certain people will vote how they want to vote no matter what I say, so hey, just vote away. Hehe. :D

In my opinion, community members who have voted a "10" rating here are the ones who are not voting for the rideability of this track; I say this only because a "10" is the highest rating and the track would have to be "perfect" in every way to achieve a rating of "10", and as good as "Paul Ricard" is, it does have a couple of minus points, namely there are two corners that require slight attention before it could be rated as a "10". This is my personal opinion of course. ;)  :P

In actual fact, the ratings are coming out as I personally(looking on tracks from a rideability point of view), the results after they have been through the ratings formula are coming out at what I'd say is a very true rating for these tracks. Some do rate tracks far too high, but other votes tend to temper those who vote with rose coloured specs on. LOL

So far I am very pleased with they way the ratings are coming out. ;D

Edit: By the way things are going here, "Paul Ricard looks like it will come out at an "8" or a "9" rating. I believe "8" will be a fair and true rating, a "9" would be a little too much in my opinion. :)

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 03:31:50 PM
I would prefer the community to vote on the rideablility of the track rather than whether the track is their favourite or not
By putting something like "rate for rideability" in the poll header it maybe gives a better indication of what people should rate for, although some of course will have their personal opinion influence their objectivity  ;D

By the way things are going here, "Paul Ricard looks like it will come out at an "8" or a "9" rating. I believe "8" will be a fair and true rating, a "9" would be a little too much in my opinion. :)
I am happy that you are using your common sense so balance things out a bit. Using the polls as an indicator is the way to go i think, those 1 or 2 ratings are not very realistic especially not for Paul Ricard. But when you look at all the ratings they indeed balance the extremely high ones out a bit. An 8 is what i rated so I guess you are spot on with that estimation  :D

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 04:11:16 PM
I would prefer the community to vote on the rideablility of the track rather than whether the track is their favourite or not
By putting something like "rate for rideability" in the poll header it maybe gives a better indication of what people should rate for, although some of course will have their personal opinion influence their objectivity  ;D

By the way things are going here, "Paul Ricard looks like it will come out at an "8" or a "9" rating. I believe "8" will be a fair and true rating, a "9" would be a little too much in my opinion. :)
I am happy that you are using your common sense so balance things out a bit. Using the polls as an indicator is the way to go i think, those 1 or 2 ratings are not very realistic especially not for Paul Ricard. But when you look at all the ratings they indeed balance the extremely high ones out a bit. An 8 is what i rated so I guess you are spot on with that estimation  :D

The mathematical formula I use(Posted on the Track downloads thread/ Track ratings list) to get the final result from all the votes is specially designed to give the average result from all votes cast rating from a choice of 1 - 10.  I didn't want anyone to think I was just choosing my own personal rating from the poll results. Hehe  ;D

RBp

I voted low because you cant ride if you fall though the floor. shame that would be the best track in the game.

The way noviac  done his rating would work better than a poll, having all the tracks listed so people could just copy and paste and put there rating, be a lot faster or were waiting a year for results.

graphic      surface     race rdy            like/dislike
Albi                 6              8              7                     dis
paul                9               7             1                     like
Avus               6               8             7                    like
Dijon              8                6             8                    like

Arvoss

Quote from: RBp on January 22, 2014, 06:21:44 PM
I voted low because you cant ride if you fall though the floor. shame that would be the best track in the game.

I did hundreds (maybe thousands) of laps on Paul Ricard and I never fell through the track :/ Where do you fall through the track?

iVolution

Have done quite a bit of laps on Paul Ricard now and haven't really expierenced that as well to be honest

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on January 22, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

I did hundreds (maybe thousands) of laps on Paul Ricard and I never fell through the track :/ Where do you fall through the track?

Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 07:19:08 PM
Have done quite a bit of laps on Paul Ricard now and haven't really expierenced that as well to be honest

Same for me, no issues on Paul.

MaX.

Hawk

The way noviac  done his rating would work better than a poll, having all the tracks listed so people could just copy and paste and put there rating, be a lot faster or were waiting a year for results.

You mean for me to post a list of the server tracks and people just post their ratings for those tracks? But would people spend the time to type out a list of the tracks with their ratings and post(There is a lot of tracks)?
If this is what the community prefers then I'll do it that way, but I just would not think people would be bothered to type out a list themselves with the ratings rather than just use a poll?

But hey guys. Let me know if this is a better option for you, than a poll, and I'll do it. ;) ;D

Hawk

I have no issues with falling through the track at Paul Ricard either.... But then again, I've never crashed that bad that the bike is thrown, by the sound of it, out of the boundaries. Hehe. ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 08:42:01 PM

You mean for me to post a list of the server tracks and people just post their ratings for those tracks? But would people spend the time to type out a list of the tracks with their ratings and post(There is a lot of tracks)?
If this is what the community prefers then I'll do it that way, but I just would not think people would be bothered to type out a list themselves with the ratings rather than just use a poll?

But hey guys. Let me know if this is a better option for you, than a poll, and I'll do it. ;) ;D

If you want, I can setup a better poll using Google Docs (Forms).
Just an example created in 3min: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rsMiS1hXLkUao7sm1f3EIM6SVspuhHPcBZlUWKqiI2Q/edit?usp=sharing

MaX.