• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:26 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Creating New Riders for Mod Bikes......

Started by Hawk, January 31, 2014, 12:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Yeah, I was talking in gp racing.

But even in overall racing (and even more for road bikes), the oval piston stuff never seemed a good trade-off.

MaX.

Alby46

i knew he was creating the nr500, since odi was making the ns500
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

YAC

May 18, 2014, 08:07:46 PM #17 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:36:53 PM by YAC
i'am ready to make goods 3D riders :D, i'am doing Rossi, after him i think i will do an old school like this one:
http://charlescamberoque.unblog.fr/files/2010/06/bsa.gif
I heard that we have the ability to change rider's animations but we have no hint on how to do that. I'm currently making a new rider, but I'm asking myself if it's relevant because I don't want to take a lot of hours for nothing.
"It seems hard until you try..."

Ian

Your best bet would be to send Piboso a PM

RiccoChicco

Hawk

Quote from: YAC on May 18, 2014, 08:07:46 PM
I heard that we have the ability to change rider's animations but we have no hint on how to do that. I'm currently making a new rider, but I'm asking myself if it's relevant because I don't want to take a lot of hours for nothing.

Oh I'm sure that Piboso will reveal at some stage how to change the current default rider with a custom one, if not then I'm also sure that with a little testing the community will work it out for ourselves, so I'm sure your work will not be for nothing YAC.  ;) 8)

BOBR6 84

May 18, 2014, 11:05:34 PM #21 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:13:41 PM by BOBR6 84
Good news!!! :)

Some oldschool 500 yams!  8) Oldschool style riders!

New style riders!
BSB tracks/bikes..

Millions of paintjobs haha

Endurance bikes!
Etc etc etc..

Gpbikes is rolling along quite nicely it seems!
Great work everyone!

Wish I could help with some modding but I know nothing lol :/

Ps. If somebody creates Barry sheene.. Dont forget the hair!!  8)

YAC

Barry Sheene i'm writting on the list "to do" ^^  ;D
"It seems hard until you try..."

EdouardB

June 16, 2014, 07:58:13 AM #23 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:03:59 AM by EdouardB
Hawk UK, I regularly have access to the only remaining 0W60 in the world (and I think there are 2 remaining 0W69, the 580cc version). Next time is on the 4th of July in Spa Francorchamps. Do you want lots of pictures? Also, I'll see what I have in my archives.

I have pictures of the engine somewhere too, it's a square 4, really nice bike.

The frame is one of the first aluminium frames Yamaha made (the 0W53 in 1981 has one too) with a square section, too.

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on June 16, 2014, 07:58:13 AM
Hawk UK, I regularly have access to the only remaining 0W60 in the world (and I think there are 2 remaining 0W69, the 580cc version). Next time is on the 4th of July in Spa Francorchamps. Do you want lots of pictures? Also, I'll see what I have in my archives.

I have pictures of the engine somewhere too, it's a square 4, really nice bike.

The frame is one of the first aluminium frames Yamaha made (the 0W53 in 1981 has one too) with a square section, too.

Wow! I honestly didn't realise that there was only one genuine OW60 remaining. That is sad.. but at the same time you are very lucky too! Nice one mate! ;D

Edouard, I 'd like as many photo's as you can let me have please mate.... I've been working off a hand drawn side pic at the moment for size and accuracy, and it would be great if you have or can get some top down photo's, and pics of the instrument details  and fork yokes, and a top, side, front, rear pics(as square on as possible please).  ;D

As soon as I've finished Mallory Park 1978, I'm going to try and crack on with this bike and get it finished.

Thanks Edouard, very much appreciate this mate! ;) ;D 8)

Hawk.

EdouardB

Yeah, I'm lucky to have access to that (it's not mine though, and I don't ride it) :) .

Basically 8 (or 6, can't remember) of them were produced in total.
7 (or 5) of them were destroyed by Yamaha at the end of 1982, they always did that back then. They should have destroyed the last one, but Yamaha Motor France got it and had GP racer Marc Fontan race on it. It then stayed in the Yamaha Motor France collection for years.

After that, the chassis was renovated by frenchman Yves Kerlo (you can find some pics of the bike on his website - http://www.kerloclassic.com/kerlo-restauration-1.php?id=97&idref=1 ) and the engine by Christian Sarron's former mechanic Jacky Germain.

The bike is regularly ridden by Steve Baker, Giacomo Agostini, Christian Sarron and Hubert Rigal at classic events across Europe within the Yamaha Motor France classic team.

I'll take a lot of pictures. Everything on it is beautiful, especially the triple clamps which I love (they are very similar to the 0W53). True factory machine!

Hawk

June 16, 2014, 08:48:08 PM #26 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:56:58 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: YAC on May 18, 2014, 11:30:28 PM
Barry Sheene i'm writting on the list "to do" ^^  ;D

+1  ;D

Keep us informed of your progress and integration into GP Bikes. This will be very informative and useful information for others to learn the process.  ;D

Are you going to create the character model with 3ds Max, Poser Pro, Maya or will you be using another application?

Hawk.

PS: A Kenny Roberts rider would be great also.  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on June 16, 2014, 08:43:56 AM
Yeah, I'm lucky to have access to that (it's not mine though, and I don't ride it) :) .

Basically 8 (or 6, can't remember) of them were produced in total.
7 (or 5) of them were destroyed by Yamaha at the end of 1982, they always did that back then. They should have destroyed the last one, but Yamaha Motor France got it and had GP racer Marc Fontan race on it. It then stayed in the Yamaha Motor France collection for years.

After that, the chassis was renovated by frenchman Yves Kerlo (you can find some pics of the bike on his website - http://www.kerloclassic.com/kerlo-restauration-1.php?id=97&idref=1 ) and the engine by Christian Sarron's former mechanic Jacky Germain.

The bike is regularly ridden by Steve Baker, Giacomo Agostini, Christian Sarron and Hubert Rigal at classic events across Europe within the Yamaha Motor France classic team.

I'll take a lot of pictures. Everything on it is beautiful, especially the triple clamps which I love (they are very similar to the 0W53). True factory machine!

Very surprised that Yamaha scrapped their bikes like that, the obviously didn't understand how valuable and historic they would become... So sad! :(

If there is any chance of obtaining a copy of a genuine engine Dyno chart for the OW60 that would also be absolutely BRILLIANT! I'd love to have this bike work with genuine physics data ;D ;D

I took a look at the pics on the site link(only just got back home, so havn't had a chance to look at the whole site as yet). I did notice that he has put different front brake discs on the bike; is that because he just wants better modern discs on now? Or just that he cannot get hold of the genuine ones anymore?

All this news is music to my ears..... Give me a PM as soon as your ready with the pics and or info........ Thank you Edouard, I really appreciate your help with this mate! :D

Hawk.

EdouardB

Well the Japanese in general (yamaha, honda, suzuki and kawasaki) destroyed most of the works bikes to prevent some getting "in enemy hands" lol. They keep most of them nowadays but I would not be surprised if they destroy a few MotoGP bikes here and there still. I don't know that for sure though.

As for the dyno chart, honestly I don't think I can have it because the last one made was probably by the factory in 1982. Good luck finding that (if it's not destroyed) :P

I'm guessing the max power output is probably around 130/140 bhp though. More peaky than the Varese but not too much. And the bike should be at the minimum weight allowed back then: 115kg.

About the wheels and brakes: they were replaced by later YZR500 models for safety reasons as the bikes are ridden. The original parts are old and not considered safe. Especially since the wheels were magnesium and that doesn't age well at all. They have the original wheels in a box. I have a picture of the bike with the original wheels, I will PM it to you.
For the same reason almost no one uses the original TZ750 brakes because the master cylinder is magnesium. The list goes on ;)

And you're welcome. Will send you pics via PM when I get home.

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on June 17, 2014, 07:52:11 AM
Well the Japanese in general (yamaha, honda, suzuki and kawasaki) destroyed most of the works bikes to prevent some getting "in enemy hands" lol. They keep most of them nowadays but I would not be surprised if they destroy a few MotoGP bikes here and there still. I don't know that for sure though.

As for the dyno chart, honestly I don't think I can have it because the last one made was probably by the factory in 1982. Good luck finding that (if it's not destroyed) :P

I'm guessing the max power output is probably around 130/140 bhp though. More peaky than the Varese but not too much. And the bike should be at the minimum weight allowed back then: 115kg.

About the wheels and brakes: they were replaced by later YZR500 models for safety reasons as the bikes are ridden. The original parts are old and not considered safe. Especially since the wheels were magnesium and that doesn't age well at all. They have the original wheels in a box. I have a picture of the bike with the original wheels, I will PM it to you.
For the same reason almost no one uses the original TZ750 brakes because the master cylinder is magnesium. The list goes on ;)

And you're welcome. Will send you pics via PM when I get home.

Yes... I sometimes forget just how long ago these bikes were built(It must be a nightmare to obtain genuine spare parts if not impossible for some), I mean WOW! It's 32 years ago now! :o It only seems last yesterday to me. Lol. Were did all those years go, eh.

As you say, I'll be lucky to get a genuine dyno chart for the engine, but I'll take your advised data above and apply it with other data I can get hold of and try and get a best approximation; I think that's probably the best we can do for now unless someone can miraculously donate a copy of the genuine dyno chart from somewhere.

Again, thank you for all your help with this, and I'll await your PM mate.  ;)

Hawk.