• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MotoGP19

Started by Myst1cPrun3, March 12, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

You can use the 500cc for full races on any track against AI but I think only 9 AI to race against and will check for online racing for you............... Yep just checked you can hold private and public 500cc 2 stroke races online and offline

Are you a happier bunny now lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

June 12, 2019, 09:55:01 PM #106 Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:11:09 PM by Blackheart

First 2 online races with top MotoGP's players (E-Sports 2018 finalists and the winner).

P.S. In this event the Milestone's Game Designer is in the comments, nice! :)

Myst1cPrun3

June 12, 2019, 10:26:16 PM #107 Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:28:34 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Hawk on June 12, 2019, 05:37:49 PMSomething that is putting me off a bit is that we can't do a career mode with the historical 2T bikes, it just sounds like it's a series of challenges(Boring).... I hope I'm wrong? :-\
Can you use the historic 2T bikes online in race events?

As far as I'm aware, the DLC, should it be fixed, is some of the 1992 500cc field. Not sure how many, I'd like to see all of it but I think its only 4 machines.
But there's plenty to go at, and you can use the 500s online as they're in the game as another class, like moto2 or moto3.

I think you could set up a custom championship in the 'quick modes' section, but I haven't looked, as for me the reason I get a motogp/Formula 1 game is for the career mode, and not necessarily the online/historical/unrelenting realism.

One interesting note, is the Donnington track in the game actually never existed. Its a weird hybrid, as its go the historic runoffs, black kerbing and old logos, yet modern buildings, no spitfire, and the modern, straighter chicane.
Its the new layout with the old advertisements, color scheme and boundaries. Bit of an odd one there like, but still enjoyable.

And Catalunya is just the modern version of Catalunya, as it was before it was altered following Louis Salom's crash, no old adverts, kerbings or runoffs etc

Laguna Seca is probably the only course in the game that is period correct, from the gravel at the corkscrew exit, (Now has about 5ft of green paint laid where Rossi famously went after overtaking Stoner), and it has the older kerbing and runoffs.

Not to say they're not fun, just some minor points as to where the 'anoraks' may be a little upset.

(Oh, and most of the classic bikes have analogue dashes, even Stoners Honda, which is not correct, as there's an on-board of it with the modern dash during his pre-season tests, and while the data on it is blurred you can clearly see its not an analogue clock/needle arrangement, and is the LCD display used on modern bikes)

Hawk

June 13, 2019, 12:09:03 PM #108 Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:13:29 PM by Hawk
Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 12, 2019, 09:16:47 PMYou can use the 500cc for full races on any track against AI but I think only 9 AI to race against and will check for online racing for you............... Yep just checked you can hold private and public 500cc 2 stroke races online and offline

Are you a happier bunny now lol

DD

Thanks DD.... Would be great to get back into some good 2T GP500cc online events with people who know what real racing is all about(Got to add some controversy here). LOL!  ;D  ;D

But yep... Definitely a happier bunny now DD. LOL!!  ;D  ;D

PS: Is MotoGP moddable(Model and physics-wise) and if so can anyone point me to the importer/exporter tools for it, thanks.  ;)  8)

Thinking about modding MotoGP..... I presume with it being developed on UE4 that FBX would be the files to export with, though Milestone have probably created their own file format that needs and exporter anyway for the final game files?

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 12, 2019, 10:26:16 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 12, 2019, 05:37:49 PMSomething that is putting me off a bit is that we can't do a career mode with the historical 2T bikes, it just sounds like it's a series of challenges(Boring).... I hope I'm wrong? :-\
Can you use the historic 2T bikes online in race events?

As far as I'm aware, the DLC, should it be fixed, is some of the 1992 500cc field. Not sure how many, I'd like to see all of it but I think its only 4 machines.
But there's plenty to go at, and you can use the 500s online as they're in the game as another class, like moto2 or moto3.

I think you could set up a custom championship in the 'quick modes' section, but I haven't looked, as for me the reason I get a motogp/Formula 1 game is for the career mode, and not necessarily the online/historical/unrelenting realism.

One interesting note, is the Donnington track in the game actually never existed. Its a weird hybrid, as its go the historic runoffs, black kerbing and old logos, yet modern buildings, no spitfire, and the modern, straighter chicane.
Its the new layout with the old advertisements, color scheme and boundaries. Bit of an odd one there like, but still enjoyable.

And Catalunya is just the modern version of Catalunya, as it was before it was altered following Louis Salom's crash, no old adverts, kerbings or runoffs etc

Laguna Seca is probably the only course in the game that is period correct, from the gravel at the corkscrew exit, (Now has about 5ft of green paint laid where Rossi famously went after overtaking Stoner), and it has the older kerbing and runoffs.

Not to say they're not fun, just some minor points as to where the 'anoraks' may be a little upset.

(Oh, and most of the classic bikes have analogue dashes, even Stoners Honda, which is not correct, as there's an on-board of it with the modern dash during his pre-season tests, and while the data on it is blurred you can clearly see its not an analogue clock/needle arrangement, and is the LCD display used on modern bikes)

Interesting..... Sounds like they have made some short-cuts in development there mate? But by what I've been hearing, the bikes and physics are much better now than previous MotoGP titles and I'm constantly hearing good things about it which is a good sign..... So yeah, I think I'll definitely have a look at this one.... I hope I'm not disappointed?

Thanks for that Myst1cPrun3. ;)  8)

I'll have to look for the Demo first if there is one? I just don't trust Milestone after previous debacles and attitudes to their customers, you know.  :-\

Myst1cPrun3

No demo I can see, but you can refund it on steam before you exceed 2 hours of play time. Not usually a big fan of this, but there are some games where devs have a checkered past that I can understand.

As for cutting corners, I think that's a bit of it, cut and paste. Maybe it'll be patched in the next game, maybe the next patch IDK, but those issues are trivial and very minor, compared to the amount of improvement everywhere else for me.

As for modding, you can find what you need on race department, as well as tutorials on how to do it and get 3d models into the in game, (or standard ones out of them)

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-18-modding-tools.153829/

For MotoGP 18 but its still unreal engine so the same processes should still apply I expect.

Myst1cPrun3

Although from what I can gather you can't add new items without their encryption, only edit existing ones. Not sure on that tho so someone may be able to confirm/deny it

Blackheart

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 13, 2019, 01:10:26 PMAlthough from what I can gather you can't add new items without their encryption, only edit existing ones. Not sure on that tho so someone may be able to confirm/deny it

I confirm, anyway the right link is this one: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-19-modding-tutorial.169595/

Hawk

Useful info... I'll take a look.... Thanks guys! ;)

doubledragoncc

UE 4 engine has many things you can do. Milestone could add VR, generic controller input and so much more in a matter of days but do they even bother? NOPE

They have joined the gaming monoperlization program with sony and microsoft........time to fight it if you ask me

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 13, 2019, 05:50:33 PMUE 4 engine has many things you can do. Milestone could add VR, generic controller input and so much more in a matter of days but do they even bother? NOPE

They have joined the gaming monoperlization program with sony and microsoft........time to fight it if you ask me

DD

Totally agree with you DD...  ;)
In my opinion UE4 is the best development platform by far, especially for games... I applaud Milestone for the great move they have now made to developing the MotoGP series on UE4, I think there is bigger and better things to come now they can concentrate more on pure game/sim development instead of also having to deal with developing a bespoke game engine of their own. It is a great move and I have a lot more respect for them now than I ever had for them in the past years.

But talking about Sony and Microsoft: If I had my way I'd ban game consoles altogether..... All game console manufacturers have done nothing but hold good game development back in my opinion, especially when often they put in their contract that development houses can only distribute their game on one particular console as part of the deal to access the mass console market, that to me is abhorrent and only done to sell more of their own particular consoles..... They don't give a flying f*ck about the gaming community as a whole, it's all about profit to them and nothing more..... Trouble is that people have bought in to it just like remainers have bought into the scaremongering about leaving the EU! LOL!!!

I say: We should all stay strong and boycott game consoles.... The PC is the only true versatile and cheap development and user platform for true gamers! ;D

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2019, 06:18:28 PMTrouble is that people have bought in to it just like remainers have bought into the scaremongering about leaving the EU! LOL!!!

Careful Hawk you're beginning to sound like my dad LOL
I mean you're right but still XD

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 13, 2019, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 13, 2019, 06:18:28 PMTrouble is that people have bought in to it just like remainers have bought into the scaremongering about leaving the EU! LOL!!!

Careful Hawk you're beginning to sound like my dad LOL
I mean you're right but still XD

Lol! ;D

Sounds like your dad and I have lived long enough to know what was and is better for the future of gamers and the people of the UK alike.... Shame that a substantial percentage of the younger generation these days think they know better than life-experience and no longer listen to their elders anymore. Lol!  ;D  ;)

MaVericK

Why you talking about MGP19 so much ? It is only a milestone game - good polished crap....   with no soul, like all the games of this developer before.

End of message...

Blackheart

Quote from: MaVericK on June 13, 2019, 11:00:03 PMWhy you talking about MGP19 so much ? It is only a milestone game - good polished crap....   with no soul, like all the games of this developer before.

End of message...

Maybe because the title of the thread is "Motogp 19"? Or maybe because it is fun and a good game finally?

It is crap for you, but not for the 90% of the people...  just read the reviews of users on steam, xbox or ps4... Or also here lol

DidietXFuera

Helmet customization in MotoGP 19 makes me addictted
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/