• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Endurance World Championship Bikeset (W.I.P.)

Started by Docfumi, February 04, 2014, 02:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Docfumi

February 04, 2014, 02:14:08 AM Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:43:31 PM by docfumi
HI ALL, I would like to give you a look at three bikes from the upcoming Endurance World Championship Bikeset. There is no set release date so please be patient and show consideration for the forum by not turning this post into a big debate.

NOTE: This Bikeset will only be available at MOTONLINE
All information about the Mod will be found at  http://www.motonline-france.com/
Please save your questions for the authors. THANK YOU!

You will be able to download the Bikeset without registering on the Motonline website                                        

Endurance World Championship Bikeset.
                                                                                                 Bike Models by Tchoum22
                                                                                                 Bike Sounds by JC#21

THE BMW S1000RR EWC

THE YAMAHA R1 EWC

THE HONDA CBR 1000 EWC

Thanks to Tchoum22 and JC#21 for the chance to test the Bikeset and a Big THANKS to all at Motonline
You will be able to download without registering on the Motonline website
As requested by the author skins have been replaced with carbon skins to avoid any problems. Thank you
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Warlock

Hawk

Curious..... Why make them only available at: Motoonline?

Btw... Looks great! ;D

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 04, 2014, 07:44:41 AM

Btw... Looks great! ;D

That`s something i don`t understand either. There is more stuff going on on there noone ever shares on here.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on February 04, 2014, 09:43:05 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 04, 2014, 07:44:41 AM

Btw... Looks great! ;D

That`s something i don`t understand either. There is more stuff going on on there noone ever shares on here.

Yeah.... I just think it's a down right cheek to advertise a product here yet only allow downloads from their site, after all, this is the Official GP Bikes website/forum.

I think the moderators should look into banning this kind of behaviour?

RiccoChicco

This is Tchoum decision. If he doesn't want to published it here I doesn't do it.

And if you don't want to download something on an other website than the official, don't do it too.

PS : You can see that it's not Tchoum that advertise his mod but Docfumi, so you can't blame Tchoum for that. And Docfumi gives an information to those who want to know the progression of this mod.

PS2 : TT Mini will also be available only on Motonline, due to authorisations...  :-\

C21

February 04, 2014, 11:12:05 AM #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:17:40 AM by C21
I don´t understand that decission either but anyway....it´s his decission.
I regurlally look into motoonline forum, so i can download it there.

The only negative on this:
If you wan´t to join a server with this bikeset and you are new to GPBikes you will be looking to DL it on the official GPB site but have to search in the Motoonline forum for the DL.

BTW:
Think of someone who is highly interested in Endurance Racing (e.g. 24h LeMans) but is not a french native speaker and has to DL the bikeset on a French homepage. Not easy for everyone...

The bikeset looks very promissing and i think there are a few people out their can´t wait to race them online.
BTW:
What about Physics??

maybe we should keep that in mind:
QuoteHI ALL, I would like to give you a look at three bikes from the upcoming Endurance World Championship Bikeset. There is no set release date so please be patient and show consideration for the forum by not turning this post into a big debate.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Don't think we have a problem here: creators will always decide if they want to publish stuff here or not. There's no obligation at all (at least I'm not aware of any).

Also, as stated by Piboso, non 100% original content is not exactly welcome here: it's not forbidden (unless blatant rip with zero added value) but not encouraged neither.

Now we can discuss hours about what "original content" means but in any case, to be on the safe side, many creators at motonline decided to avoid "publishinig" stuff here (for your records, I had to persuade Juju to do it for the GSVR, but he accepted because it was just simpler this way than arguing with me, probably).

So bottom line is: we'd all prefer if any GPB related creation is somehow announced here, but if the creator does not want to, so be it.

Notice however that this Endurance bikeset already appears in the WIP thread, so ...

Also I see no advertising (not as if they were asking money for their creations) and anyway all mods are always downloaded from another site, as here you cannot host files above a few hundred KBs.

MaX.

P.S.
The whole notion of "publishing" is flawed, as even if I create something and I don't talk about it here, sooner or later somebody will do it, so my stuff will appear here too (it's somewhere on the web --> it's everywhere potentially).
BTW, this is what happened: tchoum/JC didn't made the post, docfumi did it (and twice, with a teasing screenshot first and a fully fledged topic after). Not sure why he did it, but he did so now you know. Where's the problem ?

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 04, 2014, 11:18:36 AM
Don't think we have a problem here: creators will always decide if they want to publish stuff here or not. There's no obligation at all (at least I'm not aware of any).

I don't see a problem neither. For other sims you have 100 different sites where you can find downloads. As mentioned a couple of week ago in another thread, it would be nice (one day) do have a website (database) where everyone can upload his bikes/tracks/paints. :D

Hawk

I'm not saying there is a problem with advertising at all. The problem is that why restrict the download of a file to an open mod community to a members only access website?
It's very easy to upload files to free and easy access download sites, why restrict access to a site you have to join to download files, especially a site that is in another language than your own?

Yes, if the author wishes to keep it that way then they have every right to do so.... I just think it is a bit of a cheek when most others make files available on free and easily accessible sites for downloads without having to join to get them.
I don't care who is doing this, he could be my best friend, he could be the best modder for GP Bikes in the whole world by far, I don't care, I would take the same attitude against anyone who restricted the download of their files just to a members access only site. To me it goes against the spirit of an open mod community.

However, if the forum community and moderators feel differently about this activity then so be it, and if I don't like it then I don't download, simple.... No problem, I'm happy! ;D

So guys.... there is no need to make a song and dance about this subject, it's not really a big deal, I'm just expressing my own personal opinion(Which sometimes gets me into deep sh*t. Hehe), and obviously most people here don't see anything wrong in it; I just find it's a bit of a cheek that's all.

Keep the spirit going. ;)

Regards to all,

Happy Hawk. ;D ;D 8)

Docfumi

February 04, 2014, 01:48:51 PM #11 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:07:43 PM by docfumi
To answer some of your ?´s

The Mod will be released to all despite the closed forum!

1) T22 asked for my help to spread the word about the Mod
2) He wanted a native speaker to help with translation and Q&A
3) To avoid conflict the Bikeset not be released here, this does not mean you con not Download for here - (Hyperlink  ;) )

HornetMaX

Hawk_UK, you are assuming that you'll need to register on motonline, that may not be the case.

Can you download this (bottom of the page) ? http://www.motonline-france.com/index.php?post/2014/01/19/GPBikes-Suzuki-GSVR

Yes, and without registering/logging. So no issue at all (except for the language, which I concede).

@docfumi: thx for the clarifications !

MaX.

Docfumi

Cheers MaX,
The word for Down in French is télécharger  ;)

Easy and helpful - http://translate.google.com/

JamoZ

I couldn`t care less where or where it isn`t released. It`s about the idea. We are already such a small community..it`s a very small effort to come on here and show your work to the rest of the world...