• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:25:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

More ingame adjustments

Started by C21, February 09, 2014, 08:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Speaking in terms of Realism it would be nice to adjust the TCS (and maybe Antiwheelie) When Out on Track. Switchable Map is nice but i Miss the ingame TCS Feature to equal a degrading Tyre.
Feature is present on all modern MotoGP and Superbike Bikes so it has to be in a Motorcycle Sim. Furthermore it is present in One of the competitor Games (which are Miles away simulating a decent response of the Bike compared to GPB!!).
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Arvoss

Was already asked somewhere ;) That would be very useful, especially when you start on a wet track ;)

HornetMaX

Yes, that's a very valid one.

Which other real-time controls should we have (I mean compared to a real racing bike) ? Anti-wheeling ? Engine brake ?

MaX.

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 11:23:23 AM
Yes, that's a very valid one.

Which other real-time controls should we have (I mean compared to a real racing bike) ? Anti-wheeling ? Engine brake ?

MaX.

Anti wheeling would be very nice! Because on some tracks I need sometimes 0 or 1 for some corners ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on February 09, 2014, 11:38:08 AM
Anti wheeling would be very nice! Because on some tracks I need sometimes 0 or 1 for some corners ;)
Uh, that wouldn't be a valid reason, otherwise you may want to have real time suspensions settings too.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 08:56:13 AM
ingame TCS Feature to equal a degrading Tyre.
I second that! That is a MUST-have.

yes and yes... they are not as important as TC but still needed. For example, if you change mapping of the engine it often requires adjustments to engine brake too...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 01:03:35 PM
yes and yes... they are not as important as TC but still needed. For example, if you change mapping of the engine it often requires adjustments to engine brake too...
But the question is, what do they have on a real racing bike in terms of onboard adjustments ?
TCS for sure. But the rest ?

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 03:50:29 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 09, 2014, 01:03:35 PM
But the question is, what do they have on a real racing bike in terms of onboard adjustments ?
TCS for sure. But the rest ?

MaX.

I'm sure I heard on TV that they have brake adjustment and some kind of engine management onboard?

C21

TCS, Map switch, AntiWheelie, Engine Breaking all adjustable on modern Sportbikes (MotoGP, Superbike)  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
TCS, Map switch, AntiWheelie, Engine Breaking all adjustable on modern Sportbikes (MotoGP, Superbike)  ;)
So be it. Into wishlist :)

MaX.

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 09, 2014, 05:10:05 PM
Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
So be it. Into wishlist :)

MaX.

We will need controllers with 52 buttons lol
No no:
Button x (TCS, Anti wheeling, engine)
Button y: change settings of selected option in button x

That would be the easiest way if you understand what I mean ;)

C21

TCS - To balancing tyre wear and suit track surface changes, getting the best forward movement inbetween slip and grip
AntiWheelie - speaks for itself (normally not adjusted while racing)
Engine Breaking . do not need adjustments normally until
Map Switch - is pressed (to reduce fuel consumption or using less agressive map at the half of the race to reduce tyre wear....).
;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 09, 2014, 05:23:59 PM
TCS - To balancing tyre wear and suit track surface changes, getting the best forward movement inbetween slip and grip
AntiWheelie - speaks for itself (normally not adjusted while racing)
Engine Breaking . do not need adjustments normally until
Map Switch - is pressed (to reduce fuel consumption or using less agressive map at the half of the race to reduce tyre wear....).
;D
So TCS is the only one that have to be adjustable while on the bike ?

MaX.

C21

You can adjust all of them at a time (if you have time to do that  ;) )

As an example:
Pannigale Streetbike:
QuoteSports ABS and The Ducati Traction Control (DTS) systems are just the beginning here - through the dash you can also fully adjust your suspension settings (presumably only on S models) via the Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES) system, as well as your Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) setup, choose your engine mapping and power output characteristics, and even adjust the amount of engine braking on a trailing throttle with Engine Braking Control (EBC). The engine braking system makes use of the Panigale's fly-by-wire motorized throttle system to feed a little air into the throttle bodies under deceleration, reducing compression braking and effectively making the 1199 feel even more like a freewheeling race bike on corner entry. Oh, and that's in addition to the slipper clutch fitted to the brand new gearbox.

All these settings are manageable individually, or you can trust the Ducati engineers by going with one of three preset riding modes - Race, Sport and Wet. As usual, the key metric here is the power curve - in Wet mode you get 120 horsepower and a gentle throttle map, in Sport mode you get the full 195 horsepower but with a softish throttle response, and race mode goes all out with full power on a hair trigger, quarter turn throttle.
courtesy of: http://www.gizmag.com/ducati-1199-panigale-review/20587/

HornetMaX

But can you do it while riding ? Because sometime you can only change them while stopped (most likely, for safety reasons).

MaX.