• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:59 PM

Different Track Layouts

Started by Myst1cPrun3, August 01, 2019, 09:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

August 01, 2019, 09:49:35 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:13:16 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Just a quick one. I've been working on a different layout for the Suzuka track and I was wondering how I could get to be an addition, in the original track folder.

Some tracks have one main file but several additional Layouts in them so I was wondering how to do this with Suzuka.

Presuming it's a Tracked thing?

Grooveski

Never done it but was supposed to at Knockhill so looked into it a bit.
You make a second centreline, give both distinct names then merge both with the trp.
Using the same names as the centrelines, pile up all the other files:
The layouts for cones.
Camera files.  They work off the centreline chainage, as do the marshalls. 
...so if you change the centreline length they won't work right anymore.

Was a reverse layout I was wanting so do so the grid also needed separate files and there was something about the pits...
...oh yeah - I just wondered if running the PITIN and PITOUT surfaces the wrong way would mess anything up.  Can change everything else around but they're on the model.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Grooveski on August 13, 2019, 11:51:27 PMNever done it but was supposed to at Knockhill so looked into it a bit.
You make a second centreline, give both distinct names then merge both with the trp.
Using the same names as the centrelines, pile up all the other files:
The layouts for cones.
Camera files.  They work off the centreline chainage, as do the marshalls. 
...so if you change the centreline length they won't work right anymore.

Was a reverse layout I was wanting so do so the grid also needed separate files and there was something about the pits...
...oh yeah - I just wondered if running the PITIN and PITOUT surfaces the wrong way would mess anything up.  Can change everything else around but they're on the model.

Thanks for clearing that up, would have been ideal for simplicities sake.
I just created a separate new track folder, seems to do the trick.