• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:06 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 05, 2016, 12:06:38 PM
ah damn
ok but my point still stands, would be nice to have it all in one small widget rather than having to put the joystick widget into your FOV.
I know, but the thing is most do not even use manual rider lean.
If you have auto rider lean, the widget will show no rider lean at all (when you're not overriding it) when in fact the rider is leaning.

That's because I can only show the rider lean input, not the effective rider lean. If I were able to show actual rider lean, I'd add it for sure.

Vini

you should be able to calculate the rider lean based on throttle input when somebody is using auto lean.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 05, 2016, 01:44:28 PM
you should be able to calculate the rider lean based on throttle input when somebody is using auto lean.
Even assuming I  could do that (which I can't), I'd have no way to know when he's using auto or manual. Also, when he's on auto and is overriding, I don't know how to compute the actual lean combining the two. And what about rider lean left/right ?

If GPb passes the actual rider lean (left/right and fwd/back), I'm very willing to show it somehow.
I don't think it will happen though, as it's not typically something that is part of the telemetry, so Piboso would likely just say "no" (and I'd tend to agree).

janaucarre

A very big thank to you max,  this plugin is more and more helpful. So good to know someone is coming all along the straight at 340km/h when i get out of the pitlane.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2016, 11:51:29 AM
Quote from: teeds on May 25, 2016, 11:16:31 AM
Not sure how to illustrate it on a screenshot. I could show a bike in a spot we don't want to be alerted too even though it's within the trigger range we set in the Maxhud menu, that help?

Yep: show a situation where you have a bike in front of you (could even be standing in the pits), with radar and flying markers on, and tell me what you would like to see/not see.
Basically, when the other bike is ahead:

• Radar dot(s): there or not there ? If there, should it have some sort of default color (i.e. not getting red with distance) ?
  • Flying marker(s): same questions

For the radar dot I'd say it would be weird to have it disappear from the radar just because the bike is now in front of you. I could have the color thing sorted if you prefer though.
For the flying markers I can probably fade them when they approach your FOV).

Would that be OK ?

Hopefully vin doesn't mind me using one of his pics to show this  :)

Max, in this situation we are being alerted to the rider right in front. If possible please make both radar and marker behave like no one is there when a rider is within view. Personally the radar is my go to view to tell the position of another, I'm using the marker as more of an alert that tells me to look at the radar.

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on June 06, 2016, 12:21:17 PM
Max, in this situation we are being alerted to the rider right in front. If possible please make both radar and marker behave like no one is there when a rider is within view. Personally the radar is my go to view to tell the position of another, I'm using the marker as more of an alert that tells me to look at the radar.
I've already coded that for the flying marker (the red square close to the top of the screenshot): there will be an option like "Fade marker when in FOV" with vales "NO / narrow FOV / medium FOV / large FOV". Essentially, the marker will fade when the other bike enters a "cone" in front of your bike (more or less wide, depending on the setting).

I'm less convinced by doing the same with the red dot on the radar: it would be a bit weird to see the dot appear/disappear when the it exits/enters the cone in from of you.

Would fading only the flying marker be OK ?

TFC

Fading the marker only would be perfect for me, sounds like a great addition. I get very confused sometimes when I see the red square at the top of the screen but that's just me being slightly special.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 06, 2016, 12:32:44 PM
Would fading only the flying marker be OK ?

That'll be fine. I can't this minute for the life of me remember exactly what the radar does to grab my attention (goes/pulses/fades to red?), that's the other bit I was hoping you could omit when a bike's in the FOV.

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on June 06, 2016, 03:31:54 PM
That'll be fine. I can't this minute for the life of me remember exactly what the radar does to grab my attention (goes/pulses/fades to red?), that's the other bit I was hoping you could omit when a bike's in the FOV.
The yellow thingies in the radar (left/right warnings) appear when a bike is very close (inner circle) and/or in the blind spot, that's probably what catches your attention. Which is good because it was their purpose :)

I'll see what I can do, should be doable.

teeds

HornetMaX

I'm (slowly) progressing on the "standings" widget: it will show the current standings and the gaps between riders.

One question: what would you like to see in terms of gap ? The gap between each rider and the rider before or the gap between each rider and the leader ? Both ? Alternating ?

Side note: testing this stuff is a truly massive PITA. I have to find a server with some people on it (which by itself is not that easy).
After that, I have to connect and disconnect mutliple times and this makes it all too likely to run into server issues and become unable to re-connect.

Essentially, for each minute spent coding, I spend 15 minutes testing (well, actually trying to): I'm making progress at the pace of a raging snail !!

Napalm Nick

June 08, 2016, 01:34:00 PM #431 Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:38:54 PM by Napalm Nick
Gaps between essential Max and to leader a definite  Easter egg. Alternating nice if not too often.

I can stick two bikes on a track somewhere ( stationary) if it helps but I can't baby sit anything. If that would be useful let me know.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 08, 2016, 01:34:00 PM
I can stick two bikes on a track somewhere ( stationary) if it helps but I can't baby sit anything. If that would be useful let me know.
Hmm a server with 2 bikes sitting somewhere on the track could be useful indeed. Even better if each bike has completed at least 1 lap. But I know it's a mess to maintain for you.

Hmm makes me think: if I run multiple GPB instances (clients) over a local server ... maybe I can do the same all by myself ... trying tonight !

Napalm Nick

Lemme know it is no problem
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

@Nick, how do you stick 2 bikes on track?

@Max I can set up a server to help and can watch it most of the time, can contact me directly via Teamspeak to set it up as you want if that helps.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.