• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:14 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

Hi Max - i've been thinking about the features for MaxHUD quite a bit recently, and was wondering if it's possible to program a slight  - inertia, i think is the right word - into the helmet rotation, so that it's not so instantaneous, but has more of a natural movement to it.
that might be quite tricky, i think, but i'm no coder, so thought i'd just put it out there.
one of the modders on my flight sim site did something like that with the camera views for both external and internal, and it really gives a great natural feel.
hope i've explained it properly, at least. anyway, for what it's worth, thought i'd throw that out into the open  :)

Vini

May 25, 2017, 12:01:48 PM #706 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:15:50 PM by vini97
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2017, 09:31:29 AMI can change it then, unless the explanation above clarifies how things work and there's no need to have more "steps" in the option.
Could you put a slider there?
"Dude" explained it quite well: Having a bit of relative rotation between helmet and the ground left would be more realistic but you can currently only do that if using high tilt values (which are hardly usable IMO).

Also, coming back to the joypad widget, could you give the option of removing the white background and making the cross white (similar to the radar without background)?

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 25, 2017, 11:03:10 AM
Hi Max - i've been thinking about the features for MaxHUD quite a bit recently, and was wondering if it's possible to program a slight  - inertia, i think is the right word - into the helmet rotation, so that it's not so instantaneous, but has more of a natural movement to it.
Definitely doable. Adding to the todo list.

Quote from: vini97 on May 25, 2017, 12:01:48 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2017, 09:31:29 AMI can change it then, unless the explanation above clarifies how things work and there's no need to have more "steps" in the option.
Could you put a slider there?
No. That would mean an awful lot of code just for that.

"Dude" explained it quite well: Having a bit of relative rotation between helmet and the ground left would be more realistic but you can currently only do that if using high tilt values (which are hardly usable IMO).
What value of tilt do you/Dude use in GPB ?

Also, coming back to the joypad widget, could you give the option of removing the white background and making the cross white (similar to the radar without background)?
I think I have this already done, it will be in the next version.

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2017, 04:42:19 PM
What value of tilt do you/Dude use in GPB ?

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2017, 04:42:19 PM
I think I have this already done, it will be in the next version.
Cool, thanks!

dude

I use a tilt of 25, but like I said if its a "useless" work for you then keep it like it is :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: dude on May 27, 2017, 06:47:28 AM
I use a tilt of 25, but like I said if its a "useless" work for you then keep it like it is :)
Not saying it's useless, was just trying to figure out why people would need that.
Wasn't expecting people to use such low values of tilt.

CapeDoctor

i use 20 tilt value as well, for the most part, inverse rotation set off  - the higher values don't feel quite natural to me.
it seems to tilt more than my neck would manage in reality.
real world, i would keep my head level with the horizon mostly, perhaps slightly over, but the higher values in the plugin make the lean way too far over - for my liking, anyway. 20 tilt value feels most natural to me.  8)

HornetMaX

v2.0.8 out (2017/06/19):

• HUDSuspensions: warning sign when suspension is bottoming out + configurable threshold (not for KRP of course).
  • HUDMap: cosmetic changes (lines for finish/trap/split points, plus arrow for track direction).
  • HUDJoypad: cosmetic changes.
  • HUDRadar: cosmetic changes (flying markers are now triangular).
  • HUDHelmet: rotation factor has now finer settings (10deg steps). You'll need to redo all the settings of this widget.

Vini

CapeDoctor

great!
thanks Max, will try it out as i find time during the day   :D

Hawk

CapeDoctor

Hi Max
loving the new version, although i have noticed something i want to ask about.
taking my beloved RGV500 out for its weekly spin around Mugello, i notice that initially on the inputs overlay, there is the new warning symbol, in fact two, one on either side of the rear brake input.
the warning symbol on the left side soon goes away, and seems to function as it come son when i crash, but the one on the right side stays on all the time.
hope that is explanatory enough. can post pics if needed.   :)

tchemi

ABS and TCS symbol ??

CapeDoctor

umm ....dunno.  that's why i'm asking, lol    :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 22, 2017, 06:58:09 AM
Hi Max
loving the new version, although i have noticed something i want to ask about.
taking my beloved RGV500 out for its weekly spin around Mugello, i notice that initially on the inputs overlay, there is the new warning symbol, in fact two, one on either side of the rear brake input.
the warning symbol on the left side soon goes away, and seems to function as it come son when i crash, but the one on the right side stays on all the time.
hope that is explanatory enough. can post pics if needed.   :)
Hmm fishy, the new warning symbol should only be for the HUDSuspensions widget ... could be a bug. Screenshot ?