• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:52:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta17

Started by PiBoSo, February 11, 2020, 03:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I am finding the steering input not as good as b16 as it seems less responsive at speed than before, almost like a milestone game where I need to add anti deadzone!!! Still good but if I turn up liniarity to compensate the front end is messy. Anything under 100% on direct lean is bad for my systems btw, too slow in response.

Not had much time in it so will play about with settings and get back about it.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

connorhall70

ok. everyone must just be really bad? i turn up RAMPS ANGLE - 45 and im fine, this is an example of how fine i am.
https://gyazo.com/9c889d2cbb05b585bf94e89aa5b46bf5
ok? guys stop being noobs just learn how to play the fkn game
GanjaGod

teeds

The VR crashes are more realistic feeling now, look forward to this in other titles too.

New Assen track is great fun and I didn't know there were so many different configurations of this track over the years. As others have said you gotta work hard to not have the M2 rear come around on you when slowing and turning.

KG_03

February 12, 2020, 12:07:32 PM #18 Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:09:10 PM by KG_03
@David
I have 50% direct lean and I play on Xbox one controller.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: connorhall70 on February 12, 2020, 09:40:48 AMok. everyone must just be really bad? i turn up RAMPS ANGLE - 45 and im fine, this is an example of how fine i am.

I mean that entire clip is  you on the throttle, at the exact point the bug doesn't occur...

The M2 is a bit broken at the minute with EB and stuff.

The 2005 Assen was the transition period, where the last half of the lap was nearly done to the new layout, but the first half remained. Best of both worlds 😎

poumpouny

I also found the M2 rear a bit agressive but since i never ride a Moto 2 bike (even if i would love to  :P ) i don't know if it behave like that in real world or not, anyway Moto 2 bike is know to be very rear sensitive especially at the time Honda was the engine supplier (cbr 600 engine) and even the road homologated Cbr 600 rr was butal engine brake  !

KG_03

Its hard for me to say. I can understand that if I brake hard and due to weight transfer the rear loose grip. But not if I release the throttle in the lean 🤷‍♂️

Myst1cPrun3

The honda moto2 engines were actually detuned compared to even the stock cbr600rr engines, rumour was about 125bhp at rear wheel.

The triumph makes about 138-140 for comparison.

connorhall70

February 12, 2020, 05:03:45 PM #23 Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:30:56 PM by WALKEN Reason: Foul language , very disrespectful
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 12, 2020, 12:19:31 PM
Quote from: connorhall70 on February 12, 2020, 09:40:48 AMok. everyone must just be really bad? i turn up RAMPS ANGLE - 45 and im fine, this is an example of how fine i am.

I mean that entire clip is  you on the throttle, at the exact point the bug doesn't occur...

The 2005 Assen was the transition period, where the last half of the lap was nearly done to the new layout, but the first half remained. Best of both worlds 😎
im on the brakes?!!? wtf are you talking about do u realise what corner that is? i changed down 2  gears u can even see that  go specsavers or something never seen such a  comment in my life. i have NO ISSUES riding this bike, but i suppose if u fly into corners smashing gears down at 17,000 rpm, yeah the rear will slide out, plus u can hear it when its happening? just rev match on downshifts and it wont happen

Obviously none of you have raced a bike before? just ridden round roundabouts with 15 degree lean angle at 20 mph thinking ur sick???
GanjaGod

Docfumi

Quote from: connorhall70 on February 12, 2020, 05:03:45 PM

im on the brakes?!!? wtf are you talking about do u realise what corner that is? i changed down 2 fucking gears u can even see that jesus christ go specsavers or something never seen such a retarded comment in my life. i have NO ISSUES riding this bike, but i suppose if u fly into corners smashing gears down at 17,000 rpm, yeah the rear will slide out, plus u can hear it when its happening? just rev match on downshifts and it wont happen fucking NOOBS
LEARN TO PLAY NOOBS

Obviously none of you have raced a bike before? just ridden round roundabouts with 15 degree lean angle at 20 mph thinking ur sick??? NOOOOOBS

I have to agree with foul-mouthed connorhall70 on this one, I have no problems riding this bike. I stated in an earlier post that the front is still giving a bit of chatter but it can be worked out with a good set up and as far as the a$$ coming around just match your revs like Conner says.  #LEARNTOLIVELEARNTORIDE
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Hawk

Those complaining..... This is what the slipper clutch settings are for guys. Set the slipper clutch how you like it and you shouldn't have any problems with the rear stepping out uncontrollably for you...... I think many of you have been so used to arcade bike slipper clutch physics that you're lost when it comes to a realistic simulation of the slipper clutch, one or the other reasons is going off here I believe? Unless Piboso has screwed up the slipper clutch simulation & settings? ;)

Anyway. For most of the modern bikes, the slipper clutch should be under ECU control and adjustments, not mechanical. Apart from the different clutch parts, mechanical clutch settings are for the more classic bikes not the modern ones. Not tested beta 17 yet, so I don't know if both versions have been implemented or just a mechanical version for adjusting in garage?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: connorhall70 on February 12, 2020, 05:03:45 PM

im on the brakes?!!? wtf are you talking about do u realise what corner that is? i changed down 2 fucking gears u can even see that jesus christ go specsavers or something never seen such a retarded comment in my life. i have NO ISSUES riding this bike, but i suppose if u fly into corners smashing gears down at 17,000 rpm, yeah the rear will slide out, plus u can hear it when its happening? just rev match on downshifts and it wont happen fucking NOOBS
LEARN TO PLAY NOOBS

Obviously none of you have raced a bike before? just ridden round roundabouts with 15 degree lean angle at 20 mph thinking ur sick??? NOOOOOBS

You've completley missed the point of the entire thread....

Not on about smashing down the box at 17000rpm and screaming into turns...

This is about going round the turn, middle of the rev range, no input, and the back end just locking up.
Now you don't need to be a professional racer to see that it's quite clearly not how a bike should behave..

Seeing as it's an issue multiple people are having, there is clearly an issue. Just because you don't have the issue doesn't make it imaginary.there is even a video showing the issue, so maybe it's you who needs Specsavers. (I already went and got my shiny glasses last month 😂)
I don't have cholera but it still exists.

As for racing bikes and roundabouts, it's irrelevant really. We're all here because we like motorbikes, usually like racing, and usually understand how a motorcycle works.
No one is better because the have a race bike, and no one is worse if they have a learner bike on a roundabout. We're all equal, and we all have different experiences, both in the real world and in the sim, and we can all do some research to see what's right and wrong handling wise.

Speaking of right and wrong, there is literally no need to be so agressive and disrespectful. Maybe if you actually spoke to prove like civilised human beings they may take you seriously.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2020, 06:13:44 PMThose complaining..... This is what the slipper clutch settings are for guys. Set the slipper clutch how you like it and you shouldn't have any problems with the rear stepping out uncontrollably for you...... I think many of you have been so used to arcade bike slipper clutch physics that you're lost when it comes to a realistic simulation of the slipper clutch, one or the other reasons is going off here I believe? Unless Piboso has screwed up the slipper clutch simulation & settings? ;)

Yep slipper clutch is supposed to be adjustable, and adjusted in the garage.
It seems to help when setup right, so I can only assume piboso has the base values wrong.

That being said, a bike without a slipper clutch doesn't behave like this so I don't get why the bike with it would, at any points.

Unless there's some backend physics to extreme values I'm missing?

Hawk

@Mystic: When you say a bike without a slipper clutch, what bikes are you talking about? All 4 stroke bike engines operate a slipper clutch either electronic or mechanical as far as I'm aware or the rear end would very likely end up killing the rider at some point.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2020, 06:32:53 PM@Mystic: When you say a bike without a slipper clutch, what bikes are you talking about? All 4 stroke bike engines operate a slipper clutch either electronic or mechanical as far as I'm aware or the rear end would very likely end up killing the rider at some point.

There are a few machines, the most notable in my memory would be Brad Vickers CBR he was on at darley and Scarborough last year.

Every time he went into a turn the rear was locking and he was dipping the clutch, and when he didn't the rear hopped, and the engine even seemed to die and jump start at some points.
Now I didn't get to look or ask about it, so I can't say for certain, but it definitely seemed like there wasn't one.
I also believe my CBR has a standard clutch in it.

(Any 4 stroke that has a slipper clutch cannot be bump started due to the clutch slipping preventing the bump happening. Hence why clutches on grand Prix bikes are locked, (often see mechanics fiddling with a pin on the side of the bike) or they start directly from the crankshaft)
That much I do know