• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:08:49 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

OldSchool Race Magnycours

Started by PeterV, April 09, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Was doing some practice laps with warlock and loopateli last night and my pc crashed! :/

It switches on and the fans work but that is it! Nothing! Also it wont turn off with the button.. ?

Graphics card maybe?

Mouse and keyboard dont turn on either..

Arvoss

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 15, 2014, 11:41:03 AM
Was doing some practice laps with warlock and loopateli last night and my pc crashed! :/

It switches on and the fans work but that is it! Nothing! Also it wont turn off with the button.. ?

Graphics card maybe?

Mouse and keyboard dont turn on either..

That sucks... Can you start your pc in safe mode?

HornetMaX

Could be plenty of things.

Some motherboards do have some led/display onboard to show error codes, you'll have to lok at your motherboard manual.

If you can swap the graphic card give it a try.
If your CPU has an integrated GPU, try without the graphic card.
You could also remove the RAM (leave only one module and swap it).

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Ok il try what u have suggested! Thanks

C21

It could also be a HDD crash.
RAM issues did normally not result in a complete shutoff.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on April 15, 2014, 01:25:19 PM
It could also be a HDD crash.
RAM issues did normally not result in a complete shutoff.
Depend show bad the ram issue is. But indeed it could also be an hdd/ssd issue: you could try to boot from a CD/DVD/USB stick.

But I'm under the impression it doesn't even reach the boot stage ...

MaX.

BOBR6 84

No it doesnt reach the boot stage.. Monitor light flashes on/off. Tried a different monitor but its the same..

I have somebody coming to look at it so il let u know what the problem is/was

C21

QuoteI'll try to get a sub 40 lap tomorrow and record it (live, with lean meter etc.)
Any news on this?  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Arvoss

Quote from: C21 on April 16, 2014, 10:32:57 AM
QuoteI'll try to get a sub 40 lap tomorrow and record it (live, with lean meter etc.)
Any news on this?  ;D

No :P I don't know if a lot of guys will be able to reach a sub 40 lap time, especially in a race. My best is 40.8 atm but I don't really like the 500cc :P I'll try again today and hope I can beat my pb ;)

iVolution

I am experiencing major errors in my timing on the old school magny cours track.

These are the problems i encounter within an hour of playtime:
-sometimes i feel like driving the fastest lap ever and the lap time says something in the 3 minutes
- the lap time doesn't register for 1 lap
- it registers as if I am 40 sec under my best time (counting down every second) until i am half over the track and then it returns to normal

I have to note here that I am not cutting the track anywhere... staying between the lines here.

HornetMaX

On Magny there was an issue with the finish line, crossing it to the very right of the track was giving non cross at all. I'm not sure if it has been solved or not (the finish line described in the .rdf file was too short on the right side).

But it could also be the server going nuts: a server restart typically fixes it (for a while at least).

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 16, 2014, 08:09:35 PM
On Magny there was an issue with the finish line, crossing it to the very right of the track was giving non cross at all.

Yep, problem still there

HornetMaX

Track author should modify the .rdf and re-register the track I guess.

MaX.

iVolution

Quote from: Warlock on April 16, 2014, 10:41:43 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 16, 2014, 08:09:35 PM
On Magny there was an issue with the finish line, crossing it to the very right of the track was giving non cross at all.
Yep, problem still there
Yes I always cross the finish line on the very right so that is likely to be the problem.

Desteban

Quote from: iVolution on April 16, 2014, 11:33:18 PM
Yes I always cross the finish line on the very right so that is likely to be the problem.

Yeah did that too, now I try to make a little detour and be close to the grid when I pass the finish line. Hadn't had a problem since then.