• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

WIP - Dijon "Turn #4" Surface Rebuild Test.

Started by Hawk, April 29, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

April 29, 2014, 04:58:29 PM Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:13:10 AM by Hawk_UK
Hi guys.

I'm doing a test track surface rebuild on turn #4 of the Dijon circuit.
This turn is giving riders some problems and we don't know if it's the track surface at fault or the physics, so we are just going to see if we can sort this out. Progress will be posted here. Thanks. ;)

Test Track download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!HBFC2RDK!gNBh0luIi5fp7w0QPxatRUMBwt19D13gKxt5ftG2f9Q

HornetMaX

wOOt !

Can't wait to test this !!

MaX.

P.S.
As predicted, you'll end up resurfacing the entire GPB track library, except Victoria. Maybe. :)

Hawk

Turn #4 Track Surface Before Rebuild

Turn #4 Track Surface After Rebuild

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 29, 2014, 05:01:43 PM
wOOt !

Can't wait to test this !!

MaX.

P.S.
As predicted, you'll end up resurfacing the entire GPB track library, except Victoria. Maybe. :)

Lol.... It shouldn't be long Max... Just got to export it and put it through TrackED. Go have a beer. ;D 8)

PeterV

nice, that was/is a problamtic corner indeed.

Finished my beer just say when :P

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on April 29, 2014, 05:09:20 PM
nice, that was/is a problamtic corner indeed.

Finished my beer just say when :P
Lol.... Go have another couple and then I'll see you on track... You drink "Quarts" in Germany, don't you? Hehe ;D ;D

Hawk

Anyone know how to move the TrackED centreline straight section marker laterally across the track to help line up the straight line, it's a real pain to have to get the previous corner centreline adjusted to give a whole straight line centre section over a whole straight when you cannot move the marker laterally to line it up?

Ian

Great work Hawk_UK lets hope for a positive result.

janaucarre

You can move only the entire centerline or rebuild it(not much time). To move it entirely select the first centerline section and all will move as one object. But why do you need to move centerline? I dont understand.

Hawk

Sorry guys.... I've got visitors... It'll either be later(early morning) or tomorrow.

Priorities first I'm afraid....  :P ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 29, 2014, 05:33:53 PM
Anyone know how to move the TrackED centreline straight section marker laterally across the track to help line up the straight line, it's a real pain to have to get the previous corner centreline adjusted to give a whole straight line centre section over a whole straight when you cannot move the marker laterally to line it up?

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but it's not very important if two consecutive straight centerline segments that could be perfectly aligned are not.

MaX.

BerScott

April 29, 2014, 10:04:41 PM #11 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:55:56 AM by BerScott
@Hawk_UK I'm not a 3DS Max expert but I wonder what do you exactly do. Do you make a subdivide and then a mesh smooth or what? Could you please share some knowledge? ;)

Davide74

work is appreciated but the curve has its grace as was.

Alibaskins

Nice to try to do better :)

This turn isn't very easy in real life too in fact. So i think gp-bikes physics is amplifiing the not perfect grip on this turn...

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

Hawk

Hi Guys.
Seems I'm having trouble exporting this track file this morning.....

I've had this file exporting for nearly an hour now and still not finished..... Has the exporter programme hung? I don't know because there is no error message or progress meter to tell what it's doing?? A progress meter combined with notes to tell you what it's doing when it's doing it would be a big plus if exporting some tracks takes this long Piboso.  :)

So a question: How long does this track file usually take to export a .map file with no shadows or super sampling? Anyone know?

This is all I see after 1 hour. No indication of it's progress or whether it's hung or stopped at all.  ::)