• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:21:44 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Best-laps Project / Hotlap Events

Started by Alibaskins, May 22, 2014, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: -aGy- on September 22, 2015, 11:26:37 AM
alibaskin can you add feature which shows what camera drivers use on best lap?i drive onboard view so i like to compare my times guys who use that view. everybody knows that if you use thirdperson view you can see corner much earlier so its not fair i think. thx anyway

Some riders like "Warlock" and others used to ride in 1st person view and still win races against those riding in 3rd person view.  :)

I know it seems harder to ride fast in 1st person view but if you practice enough in 1st person view you should be able to ride just as fast as you do in 3rd person view. But really it's when your trying to ride with "Direct Steer with Torque(DST)" in 1st person view that the real problems and differences arise.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I'm pretty sure Alibaskin once told that he's consistently 1 second per lap slower in 1st person compared to 3rd person.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2015, 05:23:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Alibaskin once told that he's consistently 1 second per lap slower in 1st person compared to 3rd person.

MaX.

I'd be happy with that!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

I haven't used 3rd person in so long, i'd probably be slower in 3rd person!

So much nicer to ride a bike 1st person now :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

I think when GPB v1.0 is finalized and released we will see a lot more riders turning to 1st person views.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

With VR to gain back the loss off spatial awareness it ill be the 'bong'.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 22, 2015, 06:16:53 PM

Waiting to see the first reviews, but im probably getting one  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 22, 2015, 07:19:13 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 22, 2015, 06:16:53 PM

Waiting to see the first reviews, but im probably getting one  ;D

Make sure you wait for the High Definition versions. They are apparently so much better. Also remember that if you haven't got a decently powerful system your frame rates could suffer because they don't work independently they work off your graphics card hardware. ;)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

VR not for me...

Have you not seen ''the Lawnmower man''???  :D

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 22, 2015, 08:26:07 PM
Have you not seen ''the Lawnmower man''???  :D

Are you having a laugh...

That looks bloody ridiculous ;D ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk UK on September 22, 2015, 08:20:23 PM
Make sure you wait for the High Definition versions. They are apparently so much better. Also remember that if you haven't got a decently powerful system your frame rates could suffer because they don't work independently they work off your graphics card hardware. ;)

Hawk.

I'm aware of the Hardware requirements (mine meets minimum specs at the moment). There just another couple of screens really :P

So an upgrade might be due over Christmas (if Max doesn't clean me out first  ;) ;))

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 22, 2015, 08:44:40 PM
So an upgrade might be due over Christmas (if Max doesn't clean me out first  ;) ;))
What, you're still considering that money as yours ?  :o Come on, let's be realistic: it's as good as already gone  8)

MaX.

matty0l215

How does Blackheart Put it??

"In Piboso, We Trust"??  ;D

Hey Pib, There's £20 in for ya if you get v1 out before 2016 ;) :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 22, 2015, 09:32:20 PM
Hey Pib, There's £20 in for ya if you get v1 out before 2016 ;) :P
Smart move: technically that's called hedging your risk. It's current practice in economy, industry, stock exchange etc.

Unfortunately (for you) it won't work this time ;)

MaX.

-aGy-

guys want simulation and uses thirdperson view... i dont get that put of course is it up to players which view use. how hard is to make that option that shows which view players uses on best lap..of course this can go on and on because controllers we use and bla bla bla. but i think this view thing can be done.    I ONLY WANT THIS FEATURE BECAUSE I WANT TO COMPARE MY TIMES WITH PLAYERS WHO USES SAME VIEW.or can somebody host server which uses only fps view? like edmonton you can see corners much better when use 3rd person view. all i want is fair racing.if this is true(I'm pretty sure Alibaskin once told that he's consistently 1 second per lap slower in 1st person compared to 3rd person)im right that 3rd person is faster on some guys. its only my opinion and like i sayd earlier fair is the key here. and do any of you modify ini files which effects bikes controls/handling?