• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:48:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rear brake

Started by BOBR6 84, September 09, 2014, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

I find it impossible to go as fast as I would like to without using the rear brake!
I find the advantage of using the rear brake is too strong in gpbikes, it closes corner trajectory too much  in my opinion..

Id like to be able to do the same without the rear brake..

janaucarre

September 10, 2014, 12:41:17 AM #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:44:12 AM by janaucarre
I use it many times a lap depending the track. I use it especially to close the trajectories. I use an analog button, and think it is very hard with another.

BOBR6 84

Hi janau

Yes I use rear brake alot now in GPB.. Thats my point. I dont want to use it!  :D

I rarely use it in real life.. I Only touch it now and again, it can help stabilize the bike. Also keep the front wheel down.

But I dont touch it in corners!

I think the rear brake has too much influence in GPB. But thats just my preference.. Others may enjoy using it!

So my suggestion/wish is to back the rear brake influence off a little bit!   :D

Klax75

I have to say the only time I use the rear bike at all is by mistake.

BOBR6 84

i never used it when i started but now i can go much faster if i use rear brake.. i dont like that  :(

JJS209

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 10, 2014, 12:57:50 AM
Hi janau

Yes I use rear brake alot now in GPB.. Thats my point. I dont want to use it!  :D

I rarely use it in real life.. I Only touch it now and again, it can help stabilize the bike. Also keep the front wheel down.

But I dont touch it in corners!

I think the rear brake has too much influence in GPB. But thats just my preference.. Others may enjoy using it!

So my suggestion/wish is to back the rear brake influence off a little bit!   :D
true

iVolution

I constantly use the rear brake since it will save me more than a few tenths a lap. I would rather not use it since it also makes me fall off occassionaly but the benefits outweight the downsides by a lot.

As I always understood it, the rear brake is almost never used like we do it in GPbikes, to tighten the corners. As bob mentioned, it will create more stability when braking (that is what i see the Motogp guys do) but i never see them using it in the corners. Not using it in Gpbikes means it will be very hard to be competitive and that is why I use it. Lowering the effect of the rear brake is fine with me since that will probably be more realistic.

BOBR6 84

You explained it much better!

Thanks ivolution!  ;)

HornetMaX

It is popular wisdom that rear brake is almost never used in motogp, but this may not be completely true.

For example: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/206838/1/thumb-brake-appears-on-final-day-of-honda-test.html

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Yeah thumb brakes are excellent! Alot of road racers use them especially at the TT.
Quicker to react with your thumb over crests when the front wheel lifts! Also more control with the thumb..

Lots of riders use the rear brake but it doesnt magicly tighten your line through a corner to the extent that it does in GPB!

BOBR6 84

In some ways it reminds me of SBKX for the xbox.. You had to hold down the rear brake to get around the corner competatively..

Not realistic..

In GPB iv adjusted the rear brake so I can use the X button (360 pad) with deadzone, smooth, gain etc.
It works well but im dependant on it now.. I dont like it..

Warlock

Casey Stoner did use a lot of rear brake , even exiting the corner.  Some people dont use it at all, some do use it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on September 10, 2014, 08:49:18 PM
Casey Stoner did use a lot of rear brake , even exiting the corner.  Some people dont use it at all, some do use it.
It was my impression too, it's a personal preference, even if it may swing a bit over the years (depending on the bikes/rules etc).

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Point is.. If I dont use the rear brake im about 1second slower over a lap!

It shouldnt make that much of a difference if you use it or not..

Warlock

Maybe a different setting that fit better for your style (without rear) can do the trick, maybe a more oversteering setup, don't know...