• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:42:55 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:49:59 AM by BOBR6 84
Thoughts on this?

http://ridevideogame.com/

Piboso.. is this what you were involved in??

it mentions a ''special'' road circuit.. i assume its the TT circuit  8)

PeterV

i do not have a good feeling about this.....
But it is intresting to know if Piboso was working on this. If he was then there might be hope ;D

quote:

Players:
Offline up to 2 players, Online up to 12 players
Even the electric bikes will be available!

Harrytmj66

Ermmmm so is it basically going to be Tourist Trophy? I bloody loved that game.

Hawk

Looks very interesting, but from Milestone I have my doubts about this being a true simulation, especially with it being developed for the consoles too(surely has to have an arcade element to it)??

Hawk.

Alby46

Tourist trophy will be wayyy better ( even if it was released in 2006 ) than RIDE when it will be released
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

matty0l215

Look at all that modability!!! oh wait it's a Milestone game....  :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

dude

Mile$tone hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Another try to steal our money.
Iam so pissed of cause they never ever patched those f**** moto gp 14 -game.
People who bought this game and looked up into the steam community -hub know what iam talking about!

Abigor

Well..............Looks interesting

girlracerTracey

September 20, 2014, 10:23:35 AM #8 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:25:38 AM by girlracerTracey
Yes indeed. The pc version of motogp14 should never have been released in its current state. It's unplayable on my pc which is a pretty up to date and quite powerful gamer pc. Purchased to play gpbikes and gp500 on about 8 months ago..

My pc plays every other modern game I have tried on it with ease..but not motogp14! WALK3N can play it on his pc but I think his "rig" is possibly more powerful than most people's..

I reckon this will be a "SuperBikes Riding Challenge" game for 2015. So arcade..even more than normal from Milestone ;). Milestone are already talking about "accessible physics" in their "teaser" information.

What ppl were getting excited about was whether "RIDE" would include the full length IOM TT track.
That is the pressing question of the moment in console land..

Frankly my life will not change over this..even if "RIDE" does include the TT track I think it goes without saying the IOM TT track ("highlights version" by Jim Pearson) on gp500 will remain completely unchallenged as an online TT racing experience..until the full length 37 3/4 mile TT track becomes available for gpbikes..then I think my life might get slightly more exciting!

grT   :)

WALKEN

yet even more console vomit  ::)

Maybe they can introduce fake facebook and tweeter feeds into the game. oh wait they already did that... 
Help me, help you!

Abigor

Quote from: WALKEN on September 20, 2014, 02:05:12 PM

Maybe they can introduce fake facebook and tweeter feeds into the game. oh wait they already did that...
Waaw.....just listening to yourself....... what is wrong with consoles ?

girlracerTracey

September 20, 2014, 03:02:40 PM #11 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:20:46 PM by girlracerTracey
PiBoSo is still not saying Bob.. ;)

I think these sort of games are sometimes fun for a bit of light relief between playing more serious m/c racing games..they're fun for a few hours now and again.

My problem is I know how good gpbikes, gp500 and sbk2001 are. . Yes I do appreciate gpbikes is not a game also.

And frankly there really isn't any contest. And no I don't really care if the graphics in gp500 and SBK2001 are looking a bit dated (in truth with the latest updates they don't look too bad at all..is motogp14 really that great looking? I don't think so if I'm honest. Not for the year 2014) I know in my heart that gp500 & SBK2001 are still better games.. more rounded, arguably more interesting & accurate physics and more electrifying to play.  gpbikes also has aging physics. But it has the potential to be something unique and very, very special..

Why do I race motogp14 then? A reliable & stable online environment populated by very talented players from around the whole globe.. that's the reason. I would rather be racing gp500 though any day of the week.  Particularly online on the IOM TT track. No contest for me. None whatsoever. But a very small online community these days..

So plenty of room for gpbikes and a full length IOM TT track in my estimation!  :) Bring it on chaps!  ;D

grT

Hawk

+1000%  ;)

Quote from: Abigor on September 20, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

Well Abigor.... Every person who continues to buy these lame machines are knocking another nail in the coffin of PC gaming in my opinion. Just look at how many leading game Dev houses are restricted to puiblishing the top games exclusively to consoles because of the license restrictions from Sony and Microsoft! Either that or are purposely delaying the PC release version to maximise the console sales for the game. This is only done to make sure that people will buy a console if they want to play that game(and people do buy for that reason).
Only in the recent past we have seen PC games being bumped to the same prices you'd pay for a console game.... PC games were always traditionally at least £10 cheaper for the same console titles before that time, now it seems they are using PC gamers to subsidise these damn console licensing fees and dev costs by making PC Gamers pay the same prices as console users!  :(

Even Game Dev houses admit that the PC is the ultimate machine to develop games for, not the console.

Anyone who buys a console is just being conned in my opinion, and are certainly helping in the demise of the PC as a gaming machine. Your slowly destroying the best machine for the job for the money grabbing piece of crap sold to you by Sony and Microsoft...... You do realise that at least 50% of the price of a game goes to Sony/Microsoft just in license fees? But it seems for the majority resistance is futile when wanting to play the latest exclusive licensed game on a console.... So go ahead console boys... continue destroying the PC gaming market and then Sony/Microsoft will have us all just were they want us, as their personal cash cows producing endless streams of crap for us all. Lol  :P :)

You reap what you sow, "Console Boys". Lol  :P ::)

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

September 20, 2014, 03:30:56 PM #13 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:33:54 PM by girlracerTracey
There is now some resistance though Hawk.. thankfully.

simbin/studio3 and isi are to my knowledge still only developing exclusively pc sim games. Correct me if I'm wrong? But I think that's the case anyway.

It's actually very simple. Despite what the likes of Bill Gates and SONY and the major game developers may think there is still very much an interest , albeit a minority one, in quality and realistic racing games. There's still a niche market out there. The four wheel boys are doing it. This is why PiBoSo and gpbikes is so important to us lot..

What confuses me is Project Cars. It has now gone the full commercial release route on all major consoles plus pc.

My question is what do you guys make of the phenomenon of Project Cars? A good thing or a bad thing?

(and no I am not suggesting a similar route for gpbikes!)

I'm just curious.

grT

WALKEN

Quote from: Abigor on September 20, 2014, 02:11:41 PM

There are console "games" and there are PC simulators. I support the cause & effect hence why I support Piboso.
Help me, help you!