• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:38:45 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

OldSchool Race Monza

Started by PeterV, September 29, 2014, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

You should name the next race oldskool bromance event! Haha  :-*  ;D

Gzehoo

October 20, 2014, 10:58:46 AM #91 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:02:19 AM by Gzehoo
My "unofficial" video with best overtakes from OldSchool Race on Monza :)

CLICK

Maybe it's not my best video but it was my test with doing this type of videos. Next time I'll try to make it better ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Gzehoo on October 20, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

CLICK

Maybe it's not my best video but it was my test with doing this type of videos. Next time I'll try to make it better ;)

Hi Gzehoo.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of music overlays on sports videos, I would rather have a vocal event report overlaid instead, or just the normal engine sounds, but that's probably just "old fuddy-duddy" me not keeping up with the younger generation. Lol  :P ;D

But having said that it's a nice video with some good action shots.  ;) 8)

Well done mate!  ;D

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

October 20, 2014, 11:43:31 AM #93 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:45:39 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PeterV on October 19, 2014, 09:39:29 PM
I also think we lost one of the young ones which has been with us for a long time.......

Stout Johnson, he just will not race in an Oldschool race anymore. something like Old farts..blablabla ;D
I respect his wishes, but i miss him during the races (no im not gay  ;)),

HAHA  ;D thank you for your nice words Peter (and also John)! I very, very much enjoy racing with you guys too, really. But if I have the choice I prefer events with 4strokers (esp. the MotoGP). Quite honestly I despise the 2-strokes, I just don't like that engine characteristics and also the sound is a turn-off for me. I think if I would have grown up with 2strokers and watched MotoGP back in the days when it was all 2-strokers, maybe I would also love them today. So, I understand how you may like them, but me personally, I do not. Although I only have good memories for the old 500cc championship back with beta3 - that were some nice races and we had a lot of fun!  I hope we continue to meet at 4-stroker events in the future ;)

Concerning your Monza event: It sure looks like it was a thrilling event and I especially like to see that John won, Peter finished a great 4th place (with only 2 crashes) and my teammate Warlock also a decent 6th. First 3 riders finished within 8s (2nd and 3rd almost equal), the first 8 riders were within 40s - so obviously a very thrilling race.  :)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

hezio

CLICK

Good video  ;D

Yohji

If you can. next race start friday night or saturday night?

in japan, sunday UCT pm 20:00 is monday AM 5:00!! lol its hard to entry race to me... but friday or saturday night , next day is holiday, cause I can sleep over morning time....w

doubledragoncc

Brilliant race to watch. Im not good enough on the 2strokes but loved the replay, thanks PeterV and also for your advise online. Hope to join you guys soon.

Loved the 11 to 13th lap watching the battle for 1st place, brilliant riding you two.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Super Taranta !

CLICK

Good video my friend :) Thank you.
SuperTaranta #83

PeterV

CLICK

Very nice Gzehoo, ill post it in the 1st post so it wont get lossed.

PeterV

Quote from: Yohji on October 20, 2014, 01:16:28 PM
If you can. next race start friday night or saturday night?

in japan, sunday UCT pm 20:00 is monday AM 5:00!! lol its hard to entry race to me... but friday or saturday night , next day is holiday, cause I can sleep over morning time....w

Im sorry Yohji, i will stick with Sunday evenings, Saturdays are slow days for GPBikes (peeps going out, getting drunk that kind of thing). Friday's i dont know really, but most of the time im too tired to even lift my hands or feet.  ;D

So in short Oldschool will stay on Sunday evenings, unless there is a championship going on on that day :P

nuovaic

CLICK

That is a good video Gzehoo, lots of good overtakes and how in hell Warlock saved that crossed up bike @ 0.46 is beyond me!

Warlock

October 20, 2014, 09:34:50 PM #101 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:42:48 PM by Warlock
Hahahaha, old fart style  ;D.
Don't remember who i overtook there but he surely shit his pants lol!

Gzehoo

Last time I tested 1000cc bike on Monza and I saw that comparing with 500cc bike my best lap was almost the same.

Maybe in the future there would be one race with 500/1000 classes - like MotoGP season 2002.

It's not that I'm not 500cc fan - sometimes I'm more nervous during ride with 1000cc bike. But the confrontation e.g. Old School vs New Era could be interesting...

Hawk

Quote from: Gzehoo on October 21, 2014, 10:58:27 AM
Last time I tested 1000cc bike on Monza and I saw that comparing with 500cc bike my best lap was almost the same.

Maybe in the future there would be one race with 500/1000 classes - like MotoGP season 2002.

It's not that I'm not 500cc fan - sometimes I'm more nervous during ride with 1000cc bike. But the confrontation e.g. Old School vs New Era could be interesting...

I think I'm correct in saying that during that initial phase of converting to the MotoGP era, the bikes were initially 800cc 4 strokes?? Also less power than they are today.

But I agree, it would make for an interesting event, and also I would suspect very popular as it would be attractive to both 2 and 4 stoke fans alike; but to be fair there would certainly have to be a modded 4 stroke bike with less power and also less tyre grip like they had in those days, like which the 500cc bikes have in GPB(less grip than the 4 stroke bikes), because for sure the current GPB 4 stroke 1000cc bikes are a good 2 - 3 secs faster than the 500cc bikes(in my opinion, but that's maybe because I'm a crap rider. Lol).

But yes, I'd be all for it Gzehoo... It would be a great event!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

JamoZ