• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:20:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Yep! Keep going Groovy! After watching it on TV I am keen to get to grips with it. Great job mate.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

the pic i looked at, Farms..  ;)

BOBR6 84

Grooveski

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 30, 2016, 08:45:36 PM
the pic i looked at, Farms..  ;)

No, I'll accept that it its starting to look the part.  ;)  Hell, I shudder to think how many hours of my life have gone into fretting about those few hunded polys.  :-\

You see what I was meaning about the road though?  When I froze the loft in max the left side of the road was blending in nicely but the right had an extra bump.
It's an easy enough fix but to maintain the camber meant rotating rows of points around the good endpoints:
This row came down by 0.7°, the row either side by 0.6°, etc...
...one row at a time.

Bloody footer but the other option would have been banking the corner back in max and that wouldn't have worked right either, it's not really a banked corner.

Anyhow, done now.  :)

Grooveski

P.S.
I knew the photo wasn't of farm - and that you knew that too.  (Man - forum's are wierd sometimes)
I just meant it's a handy angle to compare to the model(at the jump).  ;)

Vini

Quote from: Grooveski on July 30, 2016, 10:31:04 PMYou see what I was meaning about the road though?  When I froze the loft in max the left side of the road was blending in nicely but the right had an extra bump.
It's an easy enough fix but to maintain the camber meant rotating rows of points around the good endpoints:
This row came down by 0.7°, the row either side by 0.6°, etc...
...one row at a time.
I can't thank you enough for putting this level of detail and dedication into the project!!  ;)

Would be a shame to have a beautiful track that's too bumpy to do proper hotlaps or races.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Grooveski on July 31, 2016, 01:02:16 AM
P.S.
I knew the photo wasn't of farm - and that you knew that too.  (Man - forum's are wierd sometimes)
I just meant it's a handy angle to compare to the model(at the jump).  ;)

Lol yeah i knew you knew that i knew that lol  :o

Yeah i see what you mean by the way.. Must be difficult to peice it all together nicely.. You seem to be a perfectionist, not good for you lol but awesome for us  ;) nice work! Ty  8)

Grooveski

Applied the hires skin to the bottom fields.

Added the new football fields up top.

Shifted everything onto one layer and done a global weld.  I'll do this again later and manually check all the junctions but I just wanted a little piece of mind - been chopping a lot of stuff up lately.

While it was in one piece...

...I punched triple for a quick check of the poly count.  Still ok.

It'll come down a bit when I've done some reduction along the edge where the verge meets the land.  Knew I'd have to do it - that's the price of high poly verges.

Applied a repeating grass texture and had a go at tweaking it's levels to suit the landscape.  Needs a touch more blue methinks.  :)

doubledragoncc

Looking amazing G.

I think this is the most anticipated track and we now have a Moto2 woohoo.

I might have to stick to the 80's to not die on it though lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

You'll be fine.  OK - it hasn't got any wider but there'll be all sorts of markers compared to the test run.   ;)

Need to start prioritising things.  Tweaking the land to the new water tank entry is all very pretty:...

...but no-one will ever see it and it could have waited half a dozen versions.

Not quite over the fence OD yet, the track looks pretty much ready to roll, poly count doesn't really matter 'til later....

Has to be trees!  ???
Eek!   :-\

Meyer#12

Looking amazing G! A superb job there!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

I hear the track a callin "Moto2 come play with me"

This is gonna be a bitching trak G

Great work m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Quote from: Grooveski on August 05, 2016, 08:47:32 PM...track looks pretty much ready to roll, poly count doesn't really matter 'til later....

Those were silly comments to make one after another.   ::)
Within an hour of making them I celebrated a numerical landmark in my backup method...

...by treating the model to a few subdivisions.  :)
So we're up 5k tris or so but Mere,

Drurys,

Mounside...

...and Farm

....are looking nicer than ever.

In other news:

Trees!   ;D

janaucarre

hi,
have you solved the lightning problem(to much dark)?
if not try to change the sun position in z (don't remember wich axe it is in the txt file track folder, it must be under the track (if i remember well)

Grooveski

August 10, 2016, 03:52:23 PM #194 Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:15:30 PM by Grooveski
No, never did work that one out.  I think it's maybe the lighting direction I was using when rendering out the the Map file.
...or as you say - the position in the text file.
....and by position I maybe mean vector direction.
.....or maybe not - who knows?
Was taking in a lot that weekend.  The stuff I understood went ok but yeah, lighting the model had me confused so I just turned up my monitor brightness a touch and ignored it.  :)

The bike was lit and had a shadow.  That's what had me thinking it was an error in the conversion rather than the final scene lighting.
Checked the surfaces in case there was an unwanted diffuse value but everything looked ok. 

For the test I was only interested in trying the track surface.  This time though it'll need fixed...
..along with the timing - just ignored that too.   ::)

The axis system in TrackED has Y and Z swapped.  I'm fine with that - it's the same as Lightwave uses(left hand system I think it's called) and was a bit of a novelty when I was copying over the marshal positions.
The 'Light direction' in fbx2edf I wasn't so sure about though.  Presumed it'd be the same axis system but to be honest I didn't have a clue what I should be putting in there.   :-\

In other news.  More trees!  :)