• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:44:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

well mate, i plan to spend at least as many hours as it takes you making the track on riding it, so yeah, keep up the great work!!  ;D

TFC

Grooveski, I too have no idea how the light direction works. I figured it used the same x y and z as blender given the origin was the same but perhaps it does use the same as tracked. In the docs it explains what the values do (i.e sun position north etc..) but in practice it doesn't seem to behave. I'd love to see a visual representation as I tried for two hours and more changing the value of each entry individually and while each one on it's own made some kind of sense as soon as you change another it seems to throw it all out.

Maybe someone knows?

janaucarre

For testing:
Place an object under the track in your 3d scene,  around 50meters, and note the coordinates x y z,  report the z as y in text file in trackfolder,  i think it will be right.  Open the monza textfile (where sun position is)  and use it to reffer

Grooveski

Had a play around but no joy.

First tried 0,0,0 out of curiosity - No shadow and wierd bike lighting.
...then 1,1,1 - Light from expected direction.
....then 1,1,0 - Spun direction round to where I want it(so same axis system as TrackED).
....then 100,100,0(brings position above model) - no difference.

So I've set it to 10,7,0 and that's what I'll try using in fbx2edf.

In other news:  :)

Grooveski

August 12, 2016, 09:27:42 PM #199 Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:40:44 PM by Grooveski
 :-[ ...should have said:
Cheers janaucarre for the input nonetheless ;) - was worth a go.  :)
If there are problems this time round I'll not be slow to ask for help.

Grooveski

Had a nice weekend off - but here we go again.
Last of the dense wood geometry in.

Right.  Finish the fences... 
...then it's time to try it out.    :)

Grooveski

Reworked the bottom field geometry to fit the road...

...and along the back of the pits...

...then started adding the remaining fences.  Don't even want to admit the poly count of this stretch.   ::)

Adding the marshal posts this time round too.  There's milions of them - have done a fair bunch but am only as far round as the start of the top straight.

Hawk

Your doing a great job there Groovski.... Looking fantastic mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Rodrigovis

grooveski thank the great work
before the GP500 and now GPbikes ...
keep the GP500 installed due to the Brazilian tracks created for you .
-Interlagos
-caruaru
-londrina

Grooveski

Still at it - round to Memorial now.

doubledragoncc

Great work G. Cant wait for this.

I need to PM you about a project idea............a biggy hehe

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 23, 2016, 09:05:46 PM
I need to PM you about a project idea............a biggy hehe

My guess is it'll include the words 'Nürburgring' and 'update'.   :P

Bear in mind that after Olivers Mount I'll be finishing Knockhill(it's fairly advanced as it stands).
...and there's a bunch of existing tracks that I plan to update a touch.  They're the same models as the ones I've already tweaked and welded for GP500.  Aragon is first(i.e started) but there must be another half dozen kicking about the hard drive.
...and I'd like to try to sort the hairpin at Macau.  If ever a corner needed a few more polys...
....so my todo list is a fair length already.   ;)

doubledragoncc

Nothing to do with an actual track....................but.................

I am putting stuff together and will contact those I need to soon. This is a long winded project and one that may push GPB into a new sales group.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Have had fence fatigue again and have barely opened the model.  ::)

...so it's time for a lap or two.  ;D  The rest of the fences can go in later.

Grooveski

13 hours and fbx2edf is still processing the mesh.   :-\

If this is the time conversions are going to take then it'd be nice to know what I'm doing.  Think I should maybe do a full conversion on a simpler track model to learn how to use the track tools properly.