• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:42:13 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

Shit - I meant to ask last night but forgot:
Which way round do the colours go on the alpha channel of a tga for transparency?

I've gone with black for the transparent bits and white for the visible....
....but going by today's form I'm not holding my breath for that to be right.   ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Grooveski on August 31, 2016, 04:56:13 PM
Shit - I meant to ask last night but forgot:
Which way round do the colours go on the alpha channel of a tga for transparency?

I've gone with black for the transparent bits and white for the visible....
....but going by today's form I'm not holding my breath for that to be right.   ;D

White to be visible, black for see through.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Warlock

Black = transparent
White = opaque 

;)

If you dont see the track TrackED  could be due the scale of the track , if forgot to scale it before exporting could be there but very very small :)

Edit: oops Matty was faster lol

matty0l215

Quote from: Warlock on August 31, 2016, 05:15:52 PM

Edit: oops Matty was faster lol

About the only time i can beat you at something :P

Warlock

lol  ;D

Not really m8, you are learning a lot of stuff about the bikes physics , i have no clue about that.  ;)

Grooveski

Awesome!  ;D

The scale should be good now W, I can see the track in plan view and the centreline from the testrun is matching up.

The map file is still churning away, taking a while but I did flick on shadows this time and it's got a lot of fence posts to think about - should probably have left that until I had things running but hey, I've got plenty to be getting on with in the meantime:
Tweaked the camera positions in LW and am copying them over to the tsc.
Remembered MaX's mugello thread and ramped down the fog setting to his test levels.

Hawk

Quote from: Grooveski on August 31, 2016, 05:33:25 PM
Awesome!  ;D

The scale should be good now W, I can see the track in plan view and the centreline from the testrun is matching up.

The map file is still churning away, taking a while but I did flick on shadows this time and it's got a lot of fence posts to think about - should probably have left that until I had things running but hey, I've got plenty to be getting on with in the meantime:
Tweaked the camera positions in LW and am copying them over to the tsc.
Remembered MaX's mugello thread and ramped down the fog setting to his test levels.

Yes. Lol......  Best to leave the shadows and super sampling options de-selected until you go for your final export run as it adds considerably, and I do mean considerably(lol), to the processing time.  ;)

Hawk.

Grooveski

Hmmm, multiple lols are never a good sign.    :D

Just cancel it, do a normal map to get the ball rolling again then set a shadow version running before I crash out?
i.e. considerable = hours?
...........................days?
:P

Hehe - it just finished as I was typing.   ;D

Have dug out a wee emergency keyboard that's been lying about for years in which there's never been an emergency bad enough for it.  It's like a laptop board on a usb lead.  Think I might glue up the esc key and plug it in for the evening.  Done it again just minutes ago while checking which cameras were fixed and which were free - I just use the esc key too often in other programs to close dialogues and get out of commands.   In TrackED I have to hold the back of my neck with my left hand to make sure I don't accidentaly punch the sucker.   ::)

Grooveski

Happy Happy Joy Joy!   ;D

Grooveski

September 01, 2016, 12:58:21 AM #234 Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:29:38 AM by Grooveski
Thoughts from the test ride:

The background is too high.  Not sure how it got there - don't think I done it.
On the plus side - what you can see of it appears to be displaying fine, tree tga's and all.  :)
The background.edf isn't written out to hrsshots so this screengrab is all you'll see of it(but it was there all the time floating about while I was riding).
TFC warned us that background still had issues.  If I don't see a fix quick I'll shunt the model into the skydome and give that a shot.

Need to shift the light west another 15° or so, this bit should be more in shadow.

The fences are pretty enough but the bike's reaction to them is kind of violent, it's not bouncing the way I thought it would.

The fence up the rise is too close(and looks like the that galv surface isn't double sided yet).

Lighting is looking better than the test run.  Whatever happened that time I don't think is happening now.  The grass still looks dark but that's because it's wearing a darker skin these days.

The non-transparent fence mesh is probably my fault but the visible crossbrace at the gate certainly isn't.  There's a rounding-off error somewhere in my pipeline.  :(
It's more than 4mm(the thickness of the brackets on fence above the wall).

The camera tweaking didn't make it round this far - this one needs to be a lot closer...
....and the geometry still needs to come out to meet it a bit.
Have to say I'm impressed with the smoothing algorithm.  There are places that should look a shambles but are alright(like on the right of this pic)....

...and some bit's look pretty good.  :)

...and Hawk - you were right on the money about the hairpin geometry.  They've gone from hopelessly vague to being able to feel and see the effects of the polys.  Mere feels better now and Mountside is probably only a subdivide away from feeling the same.
Still a little flaky but I still think that's the game engine, I mean lets face it - if bikes handled like that at walking pace in the real world the first junction in each direction from every dealership would be just be a huge pile of abandoned motorcycles.   ::)

doubledragoncc

Great work Gman.

You have put so much work into this and it shows.

Look forward to the next test release

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Great work Grooveski! It's all really starting to come together mate! Looking great!  ;D

Hawk

Warlock

Getting closer, man !   ;) 

matty0l215

Really looking forward to this ;D

Grooveski

For the curious, I:

a) ....needed a week off.
b) ....need a break from Olivers Mount.
c) ....need more practice with the conversion tools.
and d) ....miss Estoril.

....so there'll be a couple of weeks more delay while I do a conversion then it'll be business as usual in here again.   ;)