• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:22:53 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Redirecting RIDE users to here

Started by pleclair, May 12, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pleclair

RIDE is falling apart by the day on steam.  Milestone is absent and do nothing to fix all the problems with their game, and there are a lot of unhappy customers, me included.

I tried getting a refund, but its impossible.  So I'm actively promoting gpbikes in their popular forum.  You will likely see some new people around, so please be nice to them :)

RiccoChicco

That's a good idea to bring more people to the community  :) People on the Steam community are getting crazy because of the game, and to be honnest, Milestone doesn't help a lot. That's a pitty, since the game without bugs would be very good.

Note : Milestone is currently working on a new patch (I wrote an email to support). No idea of the content, and of course we don't have any idea of the release date  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: pleclair on May 12, 2015, 01:31:20 PM
RIDE is falling apart by the day on steam.  Milestone is absent and do nothing to fix all the problems with their game, and there are a lot of unhappy customers, me included.
That's some unexpected news. Their past games (MotoGP XY, MXGP, ...) had such a high quality and such a good support that I really don't get what went wrong with RIDE.
<SET Sarcasm=OFF>

I tried getting a refund, but its impossible.
You tried to get a ... what ?!?!?

So I'm actively promoting gpbikes in their popular forum.  You will likely see some new people around, so please be nice to them :)
Sorry, can't do. They bought RIDE, they have to stand a bit of tarring and feathering :)

Nice initiative though !

MaX.

JJS209

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 12, 2015, 07:37:59 PM
Sorry, can't do. They bought RIDE, they have to stand a bit of tarring and feathering :)

Nice initiative though !

MaX.
+1

very nice max  ;D

Reactive

Playing Rides since first day of demo was launched, DigitalDeluxe edition. Yes, there were crashes with game progress (except bikes in garage and money), but they were fixed. So now I dont have any issues in any aspect.
What Im doing wrong?  :-\
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Quote from: Reactive on May 13, 2015, 04:13:11 PM
Playing Rides since first day of demo was launched, DigitalDeluxe edition. Yes, there were crashes with game progress (except bikes in garage and money), but they were fixed. So now I dont have any issues in any aspect.
What Im doing wrong?  :-\
Nothing, except maybe taking a joke too seriously. All players are welcome, even RIDE ones. OK, as far as they don't start saying RIDE has better physics :)

MaX.

JamoZ

But at least in ride you don't fall off the bike for no reason whatsoever  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 13, 2015, 08:20:11 PM
That's true. It's a pity however that in Ride, when you're on the bike, well ... it sucks.

MaX.

Hawk

It continually surprises me to see some here defending RIDE.  :o RIDE is no more than a console boy arcade sim, and if your saying it is better than GPB then you have lost the plot guys. :P

As for falling off bikes for no reason: In my opinion, bikes falling for no reason are either down to badly converted track surfaces, OR bad or incomplete bike physics.
Some of the bikes and bike sets that have been released since beta 6 have proved this to be true as some of these bike mod releases ride beautifully on the good tracks..... Okay, there is still bike handling issues when riding uphill and downhill specially noticeable when these events are part of a corner, but those solutions will come, eventually. :)

Hawk.

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 14, 2015, 05:21:42 AM

It continually surprises me to see some here defending RIDE.  :o RIDE is no more than a console boy arcade sim, and if your saying it is better than GPB then you have lost the plot guys. :P

As for falling off bikes for no reason: In my opinion, bikes falling for no reason are either down to badly converted track surfaces, OR bad or incomplete bike physics.
Some of the bikes and bike sets that have been released since beta 6 have proved this to be true as some of these bike mod releases ride beautifully on the good tracks..... Okay, there is still bike handling issues when riding uphill and downhill specially noticeable when these events are part of a corner, but those solutions will come, eventually. :)

Hawk.

Where have i said it`s better then GPB? But the  fact is that with RIDE i had more fun then i`ve had with GPB`s since beta 4. Yes, RIDE is a console fanboy arcade sim, but it provides fun, where as gpb`s only provides frustration at this moment. And i`m not talking about mods & good or bad tracks. It`s a fact that the basic content just isn`t fun at all. A game in this stage of development shouldn`t have to rely on mods and good tracks to keep it enjoyable.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on May 15, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

Hawk.

Where have i said it`s better then GPB? But the  fact is that with RIDE i had more fun then i`ve had with GPB`s since beta 4. Yes, RIDE is a console fanboy arcade sim, but it provides fun, where as gpb`s only provides frustration at this moment. And i`m not talking about mods & good or bad tracks. It`s a fact that the basic content just isn`t fun at all. A game in this stage of development shouldn`t have to rely on mods and good tracks to keep it enjoyable.

The first paragraph was just a general statement for some here defending RIDE as though it's a great game(not.). I highlighted the second paragraph to answer your post Jamoz.  :)

We all know what development stage GPB is in right now, so I can't see the point in slagging GPB off(not talking about you personally of course, so don't take offence.) in comparing it with other titles that are a finished product.
There is no doubt whatsoever in my opinion that GPB, even in it's current stage of dev, is far more enjoyable to race with than RIDE or MotoGP 2014, unless you like the arcade style of anything goes basher racing with no consequences?

Can I ask were your frustration lies? Because as I said above, if you ride the good bikes and tracks the problems you talk about don't exist..... This is what confounds me, some here who haven't been around for a while keep coming back and making statements as though they are still talking about when beta 6 was first released when no MOD bikes were updated to work with beta 6. Maybe you need to give GPB another good try with the good tracks and bikes to find out what improvements have been made since that time? Maybe you have, I don't know..... But there certainly have been a lot of great races and champs organised since the updated bikes for beta 6.... You should come back and give GPB another go.... Your too good a rider to stay away for so long!   ;)

Anyway beta 7 will be released soon so hopefully you'll come back from the dark side and back into the light. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Reactive

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 15, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on May 15, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

Hawk.

The first paragraph was just a general statement for some here defending RIDE as though it's a great game(not.). I highlighted the second paragraph to answer your post Jamoz.  :)

We all know what development stage GPB is in right now, so I can't see the point in slagging GPB off(not talking about you personally of course, so don't take offence.) in comparing it with other titles that are a finished product.
There is no doubt whatsoever in my opinion that GPB, even in it's current stage of dev, is far more enjoyable to race with than RIDE or MotoGP 2014, unless you like the arcade style of anything goes basher racing with no consequences?

Can I ask were your frustration lies? Because as I said above, if you ride the good bikes and tracks the problems you talk about don't exist..... This is what confounds me, some here who haven't been around for a while keep coming back and making statements as though they are still talking about when beta 6 was first released when no MOD bikes were updated to work with beta 6. Maybe you need to give GPB another good try with the good tracks and bikes to find out what improvements have been made since that time? Maybe you have, I don't know..... But there certainly have been a lot of great races and champs organised since the updated bikes for beta 6.... You should come back and give GPB another go.... Your too good a rider to stay away for so long!   ;)

Anyway beta 7 will be released soon so hopefully you'll come back from the dark side and back into the light. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Trust me, i`ve tried to give gpb`s more then enough chances over the past few months ;)

It frustrates me that the playability only went downhill since beta 3/4. I can name the endless list again but i think the old timers here know exactly what i mean. The fun went out of the window at some point. Back then you didn`t need any mods to have a good time.

I might try it again when 7 is out, but i`m not holding my breath anymore ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 15, 2015, 01:02:25 PM
[...] as though they are still talking about when beta 6 was first released when no MOD bikes were updated to work with beta 6. Maybe you need to give GPB another good try with the good tracks and bikes to find out what improvements have been made since that time?

I will be holding my breath for beta7, I honestly think GPB will be great in the end. But I have to admit that I share some frustration concerning beta6. There  always was a good amount of progression from beta to next beta - not so for beta6 imo. Beta6 was the first that seemed to be rather a step in the wrong direction imo. The bike behaviour of the stock bikes seems bad (too much understeer) and the VR is behaving strangely in certain situations.

What you claim is, that by using modded bikes you can circumvent the problems of beta6. But what does that prove?

Imo, GPB needs accurate bike handling behaviour with the stock GPB bikes. Until then the physics parameters can only be seen as w.i.p. and the simulation is not finished. Until then, mods are merely a way of trying to keep the GPB experience alive.

But I am positive beta7 will be a big step forward. MXB beta3 def is...

@MaX: best gif I have seen here so far  ;D
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Hello Stout, though we lost you !

Concerning the future, as we say in italian, hope is last to die. But as I like to add, it eventually dies.

The forums are veeery quiet, all of them (GPB/WRS, KRP and MXB too). And it seems the boss prefers them like that.
MXB beta3 is a nice step forward but the reactions to it have been really few.
KRP people went nuts about online stability in last beta (no, really ?).

Anyway, I'm with Stout: the stock bikes should be good, no, they should be excellent. They should showcase how a good physics should be (don't care about the rest, there're plenty of 3d modders around).

Still, what else do we have at hand ? The square root of the log10 of bugger all (yes, I like to add my personal touch).

I tried RIDE (demo) and ODi kinda resumed my thoughts with a perfect one-liner : physics is from 1987 Super Hang-On (*).

But it has the option to swap your stock exhaust with a <INSERT COOL EXHAUST BRAND HERE> so many will like it :-[

@JamoZ: RIDE provides fun, but you are you still here ... because deep down inside that Gouda ball you like to call "brain" you know fun is not enough :)

MaX.

(*)
For the ones that are too young for that reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGt4Zy-l6c