• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:31:16 AM

Quite a lesson ?

Started by HornetMaX, July 26, 2015, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 27, 2015, 09:33:09 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on July 26, 2015, 03:17:05 PM
This post proves that even an otherwise very intelligent person can sometime write stupid things.
Uh, I find "stupid" a bit harsh in that specific case: when I wrote the comment I didn't know about the mechanical failure. But the considerations on his recent blabbing remain unchanged.

That said, I do agree with your sentence above, at 100%. I guess your intended meaning was to apply it to me, but I have no troubles with that, as I think the sentence applies equally to me, Stoner and ... well, you too :)

MaX.

The mechanical failure is just a side-note. The point would stand even in case of rider error: linking a ( horrible ) crash to some previous statement sounds pretty "stupid".
Of course the above statement applies to every intelligent person. "The advantage of being intelligent, is that we can always play stupid, however being the opposite is completely impossible" - Woody Allen.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 27, 2015, 09:55:50 PM
The mechanical failure is just a side-note. The point would stand even in case of rider error: linking a ( horrible ) crash to some previous statement sounds pretty "stupid".
Well, it depends a bit on the statements. But notice that nobody wished him a crash as a punishment and that the aftermath of the crash is not that bad (relatively to what could have happened).

I would have preferred to see him win the 8hrs and even join in for 1-2 MotoGP races (that would have been fantastic, as i already said at the time of Pedrosa injury).

But I would also have preferred him not saying "Current motogp is shit" or "I'm riding here (at suzuka) very relaxed" (implying that if he wished so, he could destroy anybody else on the track). Maybe it's true, but then it's always better to show it on the track than during interviews.

MaX.

WALKEN

I think the point is- Stoner had an incredibly bad moment and to use that moment as an example to pick out words he used is "stupid"

If he went on to finish and finished mid pack, you could criticise him for making bold statement if there even was any to begin with. Stoner is very lucky he is healthy after that crash and that is the important thing to realize.

Think about Marco Simoncelli and his aggressive style and people passing judgement upon him   :'(

Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on July 27, 2015, 11:06:36 PM
Think about Marco Simoncelli and his aggressive style and people passing judgement upon him   :'(
Don't really see how this is related to what I said. I implied no causation relationship between what he said and what happened to him (mechanical fault or not).

Anyway, whatever ... I've heard countless people saying that "Marquez must learn to avoid riding at the limit 100% of the time" or "this will teach Marquez good":  that was a few weeks ago and right after his own crashes. Nobody stood up saying "Hey, this is stupid and bla bla bla".

MaX.

JJS209

maybe i am wrong but, dont you wanted to say that arrogant behavior will sometimes strike back with this charma-thing, max?!
or am i totaly wrong with my understanding of this thread?

HornetMaX

No, I meant that when one goes out with very bold comments like he does, at the first mistake (*) he risks to have to eat his own words.

MaX.

(*) mistake that, in this specific case, he has not committed as it was a mechanical trouble.

JJS209

in my world those two things are very similar to each other :)

HornetMaX

Ah OK then, but I for sure didn't imply that he crashed because of what he said or that he deserved to crash because of what he said (that would have been stupid).

MaX.

Ian

This probably means he won't be taking up any option to rejoin Motogp.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on July 28, 2015, 01:18:24 PM
This probably means he won't be taking up any option to rejoin Motogp.
My thought too. Not that it is crystal clear that he ever had the intention at all ...

MaX.

Blackheart

If he returns to MotoGP to do these things, i want ...  ::)

filipw2

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 27, 2015, 10:08:36 PM
But I would also have preferred him not saying "Current motogp is shit"

QuoteIt is widely known that I am not a fan of the direction of MotoGP but to say it is S#%! Is certainly not my comment on the championship!
https://twitter.com/Official_CS27/status/616036328992456704?s=09

QuoteThe media comment about me saying MotoGP is "S#%!" was miss quoted, taken out of context. Disappointed to see this.
https://twitter.com/Official_CS27/status/616035522973036544?s=09

HornetMaX

Yeah, doesn't say what was the context though ... sounds a bit like a "disaster management" exercise ...

MaX.

Aernouts2

Quote from: filipw2 on July 29, 2015, 04:19:28 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 27, 2015, 10:08:36 PM
But I would also have preferred him not saying "Current motogp is shit"

QuoteIt is widely known that I am not a fan of the direction of MotoGP but to say it is S#%! Is certainly not my comment on the championship!
https://twitter.com/Official_CS27/status/616036328992456704?s=09

QuoteThe media comment about me saying MotoGP is "S#%!" was miss quoted, taken out of context. Disappointed to see this.
https://twitter.com/Official_CS27/status/616035522973036544?s=09

This was old news at the time ..... what was the date Casey posted this. ?

It doesnt matter what Casey says...
The stuff what people wanted to post get posted anyway...
an it seems to be on here as well  :-[ :-[

Most talented/fastest rider ever...
He has got the best money offer ever, for a motor sports guy (this did not even happen in Formula 1) for a 1 year contract.
And he just said NO  ;) not interested in your Italian/spanish way of moving forward into this MotoGP thing.
We dont read much about that..... WTF he turned 15 Million dollars down for 1 extra year..  ;)
Hehe much respect for this guy.

And to be honest MotoGP is boring after he left... only 2 guys which go for the win this year  :o booo
Not my cup of tea anymore

Blackheart

Quote from: Aernouts2 on July 31, 2015, 06:28:11 PM
This was old news at the time ..... what was the date Casey posted this. ?

It doesnt matter what Casey says...
The stuff what people wanted to post get posted anyway...
an it seems to be on here as well  :-[ :-[

Most talented/fastest rider ever...
He has got the best money offer ever, for a motor sports guy (this did not even happen in Formula 1) for a 1 year contract.
And he just said NO  ;) not interested in your Italian/spanish way of moving forward into this MotoGP thing.
We dont read much about that..... WTF he turned 15 Million dollars down for 1 extra year..  ;)
Hehe much respect for this guy.

And to be honest MotoGP is boring after he left... only 2 guys which go for the win this year  :o booo
Not my cup of tea anymore

Troll?  :o