• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
October 20, 2019, 11:47:25 pm

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


[Video "Tutorial" ] Paint the Sic Helmet

Started by Blackheart, October 31, 2015, 06:40:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

I keep meaning to make mine more "Official" maybe give it a bit of a polish and use better descriptions/pictures ;D

Maybe even get it Stickied :o ::) (Which by the way, this needs to be)

Walken/Janaucarre Can this be Stickied??

Blackheart

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 31, 2015, 06:36:24 pm
I keep meaning to make mine more "Official" maybe give it a bit of a polish and use better descriptions/pictures ;D

Maybe even get it Stickied :o ::) (Which by the way, this needs to be)

Walken/Janaucarre Can this be Stickied??


It would be nice  :)

Super Taranta !

Perfect mate. I'll watch it and hopefully learn hot to do. Thank you very very much ! really.
SuperTaranta #83

Blackheart

Quote from: Super Taranta ! on November 04, 2015, 07:28:59 pm
Perfect mate. I'll watch it and hopefully learn hot to do. Thank you very very much ! really.


Ty SuperT  ;)

The only advice that i can add to the video, is save files .tga to 24 bits (to 32 could cause problems in the game). GL  ;D

Super Taranta !

I failed even before starting to it lol :D I want to make my skin on Pista GP helmet. But it got two .psd files. One is livery and the other one is visor. I'm opening livery but it's not the same with yours. (of course helmets are different but I don't know what to do) Teach me master :D
SuperTaranta #83

matty0l215

Quote from: Super Taranta ! on November 05, 2015, 08:49:42 pm
I failed even before starting to it lol :D I want to make my skin on Pista GP helmet. But it got two .psd files. One is livery and the other one is visor. I'm opening livery but it's not the same with yours. (of course helmets are different but I don't know what to do) Teach me master :D


That's because he's using the Default helmet :P

It probably has the best template and is the easiest to learn with. ;D

Super Taranta !

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 05, 2015, 08:51:21 pm
Quote from: Super Taranta ! on November 05, 2015, 08:49:42 pm
I failed even before starting to it lol :D I want to make my skin on Pista GP helmet. But it got two .psd files. One is livery and the other one is visor. I'm opening livery but it's not the same with yours. (of course helmets are different but I don't know what to do) Teach me master :D


That's because he's using the Default helmet :P

It probably has the best template and is the easiest to learn with. ;D


Yeah but I really hate default helmet. It's not symphatic like the AGV :P Then I'm waiting for another tutorial or just a little explanation :) Thank you :)
SuperTaranta #83

Blackheart

The default is in any case the best helmet, for two simple reasons:

1_ It is the only one with a perfect template.
2_ It is the only one with a 3D model free of defects.

However with AGV Pista GP the operation is the same, without template only changes that it takes more time and the work is less accurate.  :P


Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on November 06, 2015, 06:33:50 am
The default is in any case the best helmet, for two simple reasons:

1_ It is the only one with a perfect template.
2_ It is the only one with a 3D model free of defects.

However with AGV Pista GP the operation is the same, without template only changes that it takes more time and the work is less accurate.  :P


Have you tried painting the Shark Race-R Pro? The templates are a nightmare to work with; a lot of Photoshop distortion work to get wording and paint lines to line up properly.  :o
But that was the best helmet to fit the old classic design that I have, so I had to use it.

I just wish there were some old Classic Helmets.... Yes, even the old Piss-Pots! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

If for make a helmet paint usually takes me an hour, without a good template/model could take days  :o

But im lucky, my favorite helmet paints are perfect for the default  ;D


Alvaro Ramiro

November 06, 2015, 01:23:40 pm #25 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:26:48 pm by Alvaro Ramiro
Quote from: Blackheart on November 06, 2015, 06:33:50 am
The default is in any case the best helmet, for two simple reasons:

1_ It is the only one with a perfect template.
2_ It is the only one with a 3D model free of defects.


I have a question for that: Is there a 3D software for preview the helmet model with .tga or .dds inserted like 3dsmax? Nowadays I'm using the "primitive or classic" mode which is: use PaintED packaging and launch core.exe  ;D ;D ;D

Blackheart

In principle it is possible by creating the 3d model for PS  :P

For example, as has been done HERE (in this case are bikes models, but the matter is the same)

Reactive

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Blackheart

Quote from: Reactive on November 07, 2015, 02:38:16 pm
nest time try Substance painter ;)



... Substance Painter for apply a simple livery on a helmet?  ??? *Facepalm*



Hawk

Quote from: Reactive on November 07, 2015, 02:38:16 pm
nest time try Substance painter ;)


Hi Reactive! Long time no see... How you doing mate?

Nice to see you back!  ;D 8)

Hawk.