• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:22:27 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB Direct Steer with Torque BUG

Started by Hawk, December 05, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

December 06, 2015, 04:33:23 PM #15 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:54:13 AM by Klax75
I just learned if I am sitting on the bike, I don't have it in gear until I want to start moving. Even then the handle bars won't go to one side because as soon as I put it in gear I begin to move. I'll try to make a video of it and post.

If you put it in gear, then wait even a second or two the handle bars will move. If you put it back to neutral if will recenter.  So my advice is don't bring a gun to a gun fight unless you're willing to use it, and don't put your bike in gear until your ready to move. ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on December 06, 2015, 04:33:23 PM
I just learned if I am sitting on the bike, I don't have it in gear until I want to start moving. Even then the handle bars won't go to one side because as soon as I put it in gear I begin to move. I'll try to make a video of it and post.

If you put it in gear, then wait even a second or two the handle bars will move. If you put it back to neutral if will re-centre.  So my advice is don't bring a gun to a gun fight unless you're willing to use it, and don't put your big in gear until your ready to move. ;)

A video would be appreciated mate.... Any help to get going using DST without having to hop left/right..... I can see why you used to prefer to start at the back of the grid now.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Great to have you back Klax !

But there's no good reason to be unable to move the steering when the bike is still stopped and gear is in. Especially using DST: as there's no virtual rider in the middle, if one commands a torque, a torque should go through. It doesn't.

P.S.
Crutchlow is MotoGP Champion 2015 :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 06, 2015, 06:41:26 PM

P.S.

What What!?? Have you gone "Mad Max"(No pun intended. Hehe)  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on December 06, 2015, 06:53:10 PM

P.S.

Klax75 said he still has to catch up the season so I din't want to tell him that Hayden actually won and spoil the surprise for him :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 06, 2015, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on December 06, 2015, 06:53:10 PM

P.S.

Klax75 said he still has to catch up the season so I din't want to tell him that Hayden actually won and spoil the surprise for him :)

OH! I see. Haha!  ;D

But don't tell him a Yanky actually won or we'll never get rid of him! Plus I don't want him showing off his Hayden fanboy goatee beard again. Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.

Klax75

DST Steering Test Beta7
http://www.youtube.com/v/0GG0vRHtnHw

Showing how I start with DST, and how I walk the bike. Walking the bike the controls will behave normally if in neutral. Once in gear the virtual rider is shut off. Which is a lot better then what it was before. Before the virtual rider was always off, so it made walking the bike, and starting from a stop super hard. Since he handle bars would be at a angle. If you look in gear the marks on MaxHUD show I am moving the sticks opposite of what they are doing. Once I get up to speed, I can steer normally.

I'll make another view showing what the sticks are doing when in a high angle turn.

HornetMaX

Just to be sure: are the two blue dots in the Joypad widget (bottom right) showing the movements of your joypad sticks ?
And can you confirm you use the left stick (horizontal) for steering (torque, as you're in DST) and the right stick (horizontal) for rider lean left/right ?

It seems that when you are in gear (1st) you can move the steering (0m26s-33s in the video). That was what I would expect, but I cannot do the same: for me as soon as the 1st gear goes in, steer flops to right and then I can't move it.

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 07, 2015, 11:14:28 AM
Just to be sure: are the two blue dots in the Joypad widget (bottom right) showing the movements of your joypad sticks ?
And can you confirm you use the left stick (horizontal) for steering (torque, as you're in DST) and the right stick (horizontal) for rider lean left/right ?

It seems that when you are in gear (1st) you can move the steering (0m26s-33s in the video). That was what I would expect, but I cannot do the same: for me as soon as the 1st gear goes in, steer flops to right and then I can't move it.

Yes the left stick is for steering, left and right, moving the stick up is clutch, down is rear brake. I was using auto clutch so I wouldn't stall the bike.  The right stick is for rider movement forward and back, left and right.

With DST if I put it in gear the handle bars will turn to one side, if I move the left stick in opposite direction the handle bars will turn to the other side. But keeping the handle bars straight when not moving is virtually impossible when the bike is in gear. Once the bike starts moving they will center up. Then I can steer left and right, pushing the stick left and right. Just during a high angle tum I'll have to counter steer the opposite direction.

The biggest thing I've noticed over the year or two with DST, is when turning. (Besides counter steering) When going in to a turn I turn, then easy up on the left stick so it goes back to center, not all the way, and move my riders body to the direction I want to turn. Once I get the lean angle the bike will stay if it doesn't low slide out. Then I am using the riders weight to help in the turn, and have to counter steer if needed.

Where as default steering if you go left you're constantly pushing in my case the left stick left, until you're done with the turn.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on December 08, 2015, 07:27:11 AM
With DST if I put it in gear the handle bars will turn to one side, if I move the left stick in opposite direction the handle bars will turn to the other side.
Strange, it's not what I see (and Hawk neither it seems). I'll try again tonight.

@Hawk: can you try the same ? Also do a video like Klax75: DST, bike standing, maxHUD (Joypad) ON, neutral gear move stick left/right, then put into 1st (clutch disenagaged) and move stick left/right.

But keeping the handle bars straight when not moving is virtually impossible when the bike is in gear.
Yeah, that's what I recalled from what you told me. It should be a bit hard, but not impossible. If you put a very low scale (low directsteer_maxtorque), then you should be able to apply a small torque, see the bars moving slowly from left to right and then apply a small torque in the other direction to stop the bars where you want. This doesn't seem to happen (from what you say, as for me I cannot even move the bars once they are fully left or right, which is even more weird).

The biggest thing I've noticed over the year or two with DST, is when turning. (Besides counter steering) When going in to a turn I turn, then easy up on the left stick so it goes back to center, not all the way, and move my riders body to the direction I want to turn. Once I get the lean angle the bike will stay if it doesn't low slide out. Then I am using the riders weight to help in the turn, and have to counter steer if needed.

Where as default steering if you go left you're constantly pushing in my case the left stick left, until you're done with the turn.
All the above is totally normal, it's exactly how it should work, both in DST and non-DST cases.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 08, 2015, 07:58:17 AM

@Hawk: can you try the same ? Also do a video like Klax75: DST, bike standing, maxHUD (Joypad) ON, neutral gear move stick left/right, then put into 1st (clutch disenagaged) and move stick left/right.

I'll try and do a video but v/busy so cannot guarantee today.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Holy shit, it doesn't work for me.So I've set DST:
[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=30
directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5

But in game, bike standing in the pit:

• if I'm in neutral I have the same steering behaviour as Klax75 (i.e. stick input controls steering angle)
  • as soon as I get in gear, steering flops to the right and I can't move it any longer
If I manage to start the bike, DST is indeed in place.

:o :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/v/p6CHxPwhsQw

MSovenok

its maybe because we have windows wista 7
brother have XP and he no have that bug