• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:51:13 AM

ESC Key and Throttle.

Started by Klax75, March 07, 2016, 11:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

So sorry I could not help. I think there was some problem with new updated drivers for xbox controllers. I suggest you look on xbox sites to see. Do a search for it and maybe something will pop up.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

There are a couple of threads about this, one I started on MXB forum and one someone else started here. It was a Windows update the other day.

I find if I use xinput and unplug my controller before starting MXB, then plug it in when I'm in the menus everything works fine. It's a pain but a workaround for me..

Someone here though I'm sure said it didn't work for them however. Good luck!

r1rossi

Quote from: TheFatController on March 08, 2016, 07:29:12 PM
There are a couple of threads about this, one I started on MXB forum and one someone else started here. It was a Windows update the other day.

I find if I use xinput and unplug my controller before starting MXB, then plug it in when I'm in the menus everything works fine. It's a pain but a workaround for me..

Someone here though I'm sure said it didn't work for them however. Good luck!

This worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So  far at least . on a quick test everything worked.. Very odd but atleast i can get through the menus and play !!!!! Thank YOU

TFC

No problem, glad it helped! If it works once then it should continue to work.

r1rossi

Works great..

No issues now.. Very weird but thank you.

HornetMaX

From what I've read around (MXB forum: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=852.0) the problem seems to be in one of the recent Win10 updates.

Klax75

Ok, I tried unplugging the controller and plugging it back in. Didn't work for me. Still can't get ESC to work and my throttle and front brake are still stuck together. I even took out Xinput to see, still doing the same thing very frustrating. I haven't been able to play since I can't pit or watch a replay. :/

On a side note, I did run some laps knowing I would have to force quit. Had to reset my buttons again, but oddly rumble works. On the 500cc, using XB1 controller when I shift my controller rumbles, if I do a wheelie and the tire hits the ground it rumbles. If my front wheel starts to shutter it rumbles. Never rumbled at all previous.

HornetMaX

@Klax: do you have MaxHUD installed ? Have you tried removing it ?

TFC

Klax do you mean you had your controller unplugged while you launched gp bikes, then plugged it back in once in the menu?

Klax75

Quote from: TheFatController on March 19, 2016, 04:50:17 PM
Klax do you mean you had your controller unplugged while you launched gp bikes, then plugged it back in once in the menu?

Yep, didn't do anything for me, still no ESC and the throttle and front brake are locked together. Thanks for the post and suggestions though. :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 19, 2016, 08:49:25 AM
@Klax: do you have MaxHUD installed ? Have you tried removing it ?

Yep, tried that didn't seem to help. Had it installed and tried it without it being installed too.

TFC

How about choosing different controller drivers in device manager? If you update driver then browse or choose manually (can't remember option name) you can pick different drivers that come with Windows..

Klax75

Ok, I've unplugged the XB1 controller. I've plugged it in after GPB's starts, didn't help still have the same issue. Just listed the controller as ------- and still had to quit GPB's to get it to register. I've reinstalled GPB's throwing away my old GPB documents folder other then my license. Made brand new profiles. Put the liscense back in place after reinstall. No MOD's no tracks. No MaxHUD either. Didn't work still no ESC key, and throttle and brake still linked. I've tried taking out XInput, didn't help. Looked through device manager. Only two things I can find relating to my controller. Was XBox Controller, undrer XBox Controller Peripherals, and under Human Interface Devices is XInput. If I disable the controller XInput disappears and the controller won't register. If I disable XInput doesn't seem to have any effect on things.

So I can't play unless I want to force quit every time and not pit, at all. :/ Also still have to re-input my controls button map in every time.

Napalm Nick

People have been curing the need to remap every time by creating a new profile and deleting the default unnamedprofile completely. Seems to be a little bug. As for your controller it's keeping me from updating from 8 to 10 for a while longer methinks. Hope u fix it. Would be interesting to see if an xbox 360 controller works on your system as it works in game with W10 others say. Have you access to one to try?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Klax75

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 23, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
People have been curing the need to remap every time by creating a new profile and deleting the default unnamedprofile completely. Seems to be a little bug. As for your controller it's keeping me from updating from 8 to 10 for a while longer methinks. Hope u fix it. Would be interesting to see if an xbox 360 controller works on your system as it works in game with W10 others say. Have you access to one to try?

Everything was working perfect until there was a tiny update to Win10 a week or two ago.

TFC

Sorry mate.. out of ideas.

If you unplug the controller while in game, can you then use escape? I seem to remember this worked for me and thinking I'm in for a lifetime of unplugging / plugging in every time I wanted to do something.