• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:19:23 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

ESC Key and Throttle.

Started by Klax75, March 07, 2016, 11:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I have not said anything as I have had no problem with this until the other day. I am working with this guy to fix button bounce in GPB and he gave me his program he uses for Pcars and other racing games to adjust steering. The program app "dxACE" is added to the game folder and then works in game, BUT when I used it, I had no use of my esc key in GPB??? I removed the files and it worked again.

So..................I told Dwayne and he made one just for GPB and it works fine no problem. The point is, the files that I put in the GPB folder were to do with Xinput and they upset GPB because apparently GPB has some issues. He is looking into it and with luck can come up with some help.

I will get back asap with an update.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Klax75 on March 23, 2016, 11:41:49 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 23, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
People have been curing the need to remap every time by creating a new profile and deleting the default unnamedprofile completely. Seems to be a little bug. As for your controller it's keeping me from updating from 8 to 10 for a while longer methinks. Hope u fix it. Would be interesting to see if an xbox 360 controller works on your system as it works in game with W10 others say. Have you access to one to try?

Everything was working perfect until there was a tiny update to Win10 a week or two ago.

So if uninstalling the Windows update that caused it doesn't work then how about bringing up the virtual keyboard running the game in windowed mode and sliding it out of the way to get to the esc key when you need it. Temporary fix (if it works) until MS patch it?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Just a thought, but have you tried cleaning your registry after uninstalling the update that caused the problem? Maybe something is left in the registry that is still causing a problem?

Another but drastic solution would be to re-install Win 10(or better still go back to WIN 7 because let's face it, Win 10 is not needed right now and holds no real benefit apart from having the latest OS).
I'm certainly not planning to install Win 10 for at least another year or two yet simply because I cannot see any particular benefits to do so.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Apart from getting it freeeeeeee that is. In another year or two you will have to pay for that sh*t lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 24, 2016, 09:23:24 AM
Apart from getting it freeeeeeee that is. In another year or two you will have to pay for that sh*t lol.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Nick with "sh*t" being the operative word. Hehe  ;D

There's an old wise saying, that if it works why change just for change sake?  ;) :)

I've not heard anyone tell me a good reason for installing Win 10 yet, so until development houses stop supporting Win 7 I'll be sticking to the devil I know for at least another year or two, or after I hear that they've fixed all the little quirky annoyances.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 24, 2016, 09:40:36 AM
I've not heard anyone tell me a good reason for installing Win 10 yet, so until development houses stop supporting Win 7 I'll be sticking to the devil I know for at least another year or two, or after I hear that they've fixed all the little quirky annoyances.  :)
That's the wise approach. The only "reason" for Win10 would be DX12, but I guess that for GPB we're not really concerned :)

That until the day Microsoft stops supporting Win7, but that shouldn't be too soon.

r1rossi

Quote from: Klax75 on March 23, 2016, 11:41:49 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 23, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
People have been curing the need to remap every time by creating a new profile and deleting the default unnamedprofile completely. Seems to be a little bug. As for your controller it's keeping me from updating from 8 to 10 for a while longer methinks. Hope u fix it. Would be interesting to see if an xbox 360 controller works on your system as it works in game with W10 others say. Have you access to one to try?

Everything was working perfect until there was a tiny update to Win10 a week or two ago.

I had the exxact same issue.. This is the only thing that works for me and how or what it does i do not know.

I have 2 xbox one controllers. One used for Xb1 and one for the game..

I need to plug in 1 controller after gpbikes is loaded on the main screen. I then have to go to the track i want etc, and wait for it to load you to the track. For me it is excessivly laggy still until i disconnect the controller and plug in the OTHER xb1 controller and then it is absolutley flawless.

I have tried both controllers in reverse and doesn't make a difference.. SO FRKING weird but it works amazing...

PM me if you have questions....

TFC

Strange.. Wish I had 2 xbox one controllers to test with. I don't think I'm getting any lag, but maybe I am?? Maybe plugging in a different controller would be a revelation! ???

Steven

I understand that it worked on Windows 10 before the update.
Has anyone tried to remove the update yet - for example the one that's mentioned in the link h106frp posted? (Maybe I missed something, but nobody said it works or it doesn't.)
The same for Nick's proposal to try the virtual keyboard?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Steven on March 24, 2016, 01:13:24 PM
Has anyone tried to remove the update yet -

You mean remove win10 and go back to 7 ? :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 24, 2016, 01:23:25 PM

ROFL!!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Steven

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 24, 2016, 01:23:25 PM

;D That would be my personal advice, but I was really just talking about the update that causes the controller/keyboard troubles.

r1rossi

I had the exact same concerns your explaining and the only way i can play is by switching controllers as i specified..

Borrow a controller from a buddy and try it .. but it seems better than ever when i do this the game is amazing...

Hope that helps

Klax75

March 24, 2016, 07:00:54 PM #44 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:06:02 PM by Klax75
Ok, fixed it.

After reading some of the post and link suggestions here (Thanks) I removed Windows updates KB3140768 & KB3140743, then downloaded a Microsoft app, to hide those updates and not download them to wait for newer ones. Restarted my computer and everything works. I put XInput back in the GPB folder and that works. MaxHUD works. Had to reset calibrate it in game and redo my buttons. But everything is working fine now..

Really wish the XBox division and the Windows divisions would I don't know talk to each other!? lol I mean you put out a update weeks ago that literally breaks your own peripherals. lol

The Windows App, but it only let me do it once. Now it says I need a support code. Weird.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930