• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:26:27 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I wonder if Piboso has ever thought of offering his physics engine under license to the likes of Milestone and Big Ben and other companies that make bike racing games?

Seems to me that these companies either purposely create arcade physics or just are not willing to put in the investment in time and cost to fully develop a realistic physics engine for bikes? The marriage of Piboso's physics engine with these games would be perfect in my opinion! ;D 8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on April 02, 2018, 06:48:52 PM
I wonder if Piboso has ever thought of offering his physics engine under license to the likes of Milestone and Big Ben and other companies that make bike racing games?

Seems to me that these companies either purposely create arcade physics or just are not willing to put in the investment in time and cost to fully develop a realistic physics engine for bikes?
Both.
Last time PiBoSo said a word about that, he said at least one of the guys working at Bilestone is more than capable of creating a proper simulator.

This is the point: they do not want to create a proper sim. They want somethig that sells, year over year, wiht minimal investment. From that point of view, they seem to be rather sucessful. They have no competition.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 02, 2018, 07:01:31 PM
Quote from: Hawk on April 02, 2018, 06:48:52 PM

Seems to me that these companies either purposely create arcade physics or just are not willing to put in the investment in time and cost to fully develop a realistic physics engine for bikes?
Both.
Last time PiBoSo said a word about that, he said at least one of the guys working at Bilestone is more than capable of creating a proper simulator.

This is the point: they do not want to create a proper sim. They want somethig that sells, year over year, wiht minimal investment. From that point of view, they seem to be rather sucessful. They have no competition.

The nasty laws of marketing, eh........ Always build products for the mass of lazy b*stards who just want to jump straight into a game and feel like they are "Kenny Roberts" or Barry Sheene"(still in 70's/80's era here. Lol! ;D) without having to put in any effort or having any real talent, but in reality they couldn't ride jack-sh*t. Lol! ;D

When we realise that this is their agenda, this is what makes me sick when "Dorna" go down the route of supporting Milestones MotoGP game as the foundation for their eSport aspirations.... Just sickens me...  ??? :( :'(

PS: We need more expressive "emoji's" Pib... Please!  ;D

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk on April 02, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
PS: We need more expressive "emoji's" Pib... Please!  ;D

Yes, a puke one  ;D

KG_03

Unfortunately its just how the world lookslike. A run to the deadline earn money and start new project. Not sure if anyone of you have seen a big argue with Milestone Community Manager on Steam forums, anyway the dont care at all about suggestions, the lead designer is a guy who has no idea about motorcycle games and they have a short deadlines. Thats why they dont core about quality products and Dorna chose them because they have the biggest experience in creating motorcycle games - they work on them since 2008 as far as I know.

Reactive

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

JohnnoNinja

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 27, 2018, 06:55:20 PM
Jokes aside it will be a good game soon..................................I know something you dont nanananananana

DD

I'm curieus... :)

KG_03

WUT !? I have missed something !?
DD are you talking about IoM TT or different game?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

And you wont tell us even a small thing what will it be?

Hawk

Quote from: KG_03 on April 07, 2018, 03:11:41 PM
And you wont tell us even a small thing what will it be?

It's probably a physics update, but even if it is, it remains to be seen how good an update that will be.... Personally I have my doubts whether the physics for the TT game will ever be any good whatsoever.... certainly not up to Piboso GPBike standards anyway. :)

KG_03

I have revised my thinking about physics for commercial games like Ride or TT. They cant be as accurate as in GP Bikes because they would be much more difficult and many people could resign. ANyway more upgraded physics would be great but I worry that they can simplify it.

h106frp

If you have believable physics its easy to add options to dumb it down, if you have useless physics its impossible to make them believable.

doubledragoncc

Not about physics so much. More about input and something else. Said too much already lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

VR and direct steering 😀