• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 13 | The Big One | MotoGP | COMPLETE| WINNER - TOMMASO

Started by Napalm Nick, May 26, 2016, 09:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

In future, I think it would be a good idea to increase the grid slots to say 30 places. This would allow a few more riders and also the livestream and MMA slots. BUT it would need well testing before it was used because it could end up creating more server instability problems.... So if it was done then it would need to be tested well(though the chance of getting 28 riders together for a test would probably be asking a lot).  But the testing would need to be done. :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Agree maybe now is the time for track builders to make the grids bigger as standard. Happy days!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 29, 2016, 10:59:01 AM
Agree maybe now is the time for track builders to make the grids bigger as standard. Happy days!

After the race tonight I will adjust Silverstone to take 30 grid slots, and we can test this over the next week or so, maybe hold a special event stressing that we need a full grid and hoping we get the response for it. We'll then find out if it's possible with good server stability to do this.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yeh maybe a simple re-run of this one.

Let me do the grid I want to learn that if that's OK with you?  :D ah I notice it is your track lol I can understand if you want no noons doing it haha
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 29, 2016, 11:11:51 AM
Yeh maybe a simple re-run of this one.

Let me do the grid I want to learn that if that's OK with you?  :D ah I notice it is your track lol I can understand if you want no noons doing it haha

By all means you do it Nick..... It will help you learn how to make these kind of adjustments and also take the load off me when these kind of things need doing.  ;D

So yeah, go ahead and do it mate, and if you need any help you know where to find me.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Meyer#12

This will be an intense race with full grid!! :)
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Hope so Meyer I need something to talk about instead of playin wiv me plonka waiting for some action lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

Lol! I will give you something to talk about, a fancy ride and some spectacular riding ;) my times from yesterday doesn't show my true pace :P i am hiding my true pace lol
Meyer#12

Toomes1

Was looking forward to this race but no internet connection has rendered me out and I feel like taking a hammer to the bt box just to see if it cures the problem before the engineer gets here if he ever does........happy racing tonight people.

guigui404

Quote from: Toomes1 on May 29, 2016, 04:32:24 PM
Was looking forward to this race but no internet connection has rendered me out and I feel like taking a hammer to the bt box just to see if it cures the problem before the engineer gets here if he ever does........happy racing tonight people.

Could I take your place please   ^^ ?

Napalm Nick

Sorry to hear that Toomes  :(

Good news is we will be racing this one again very soon because we want to test out having more grid places.

Guigui - I will put you on the whitelist .

doubledragoncc

Shame Toomes.

Guigui I will add you to my streaming list can I know what bike, paints and number on the paint please bro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

for some reason i can set the replay buffer as large as i like without getting core.exe when joining or riding.

it's currently at 9000 (i have 8gb RAM).

how is this possible?

i remember not being able to load COTA with a replay buffer larger than 300MB or something.

doubledragoncc

GPB is not stable and will change its mind for whatever reason as to what you can and cant do. Replay buffer is a never changing one, sometimes ok some time core after core

DD

Napalm Nick

Agree. You might have 9000 but find only 10mb is saved. This seems to be some default value. But why not try it!  :)