• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:43:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 13 | The Big One | MotoGP | COMPLETE| WINNER - TOMMASO

Started by Napalm Nick, May 26, 2016, 09:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on May 29, 2016, 08:24:02 PM
I cant join Vin connection timeout  :-\
well, fits the server name, doesnt it?

bandwidth is set to high, max ping 200ms

;D yeah

Maybe u need open the router ports, but I never tried to host.  :P

BOBR6 84

Jaysus... im glad i spat my dummy out earlier  ;D ;D Toys would be everywhere by now..  :P

GPB is in bad shape mainly online as we know.. as nick said it's like it or lump it - today i lumped it. but im not blaming anybody for it.. i will be back for more fun and games - but first im gonna take a break from all of this and spend some time learning how to paint bikes etc. chill out time!

Vini

nah worked well when i did it with kerazo a few times

LeaderAsd

Congrats to tommaso for the win, but seriously restart was needed!

Half rider were in the race...Thanks anyway for the organization ;)

Napalm Nick

Shame really I think the events post B8 so far have been quite good. But I think we pushed it too far this time lol.

Sorry to everyone who didn't make the end for whatever reason. It can only get better, right?

Thanks to everyone who keeps coming to support us though, through good times and bad disasters  :P

As far as I can see there is a recorded Stream to watch the pain all over again!  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MMA Clerk of the Course

Thanks to MAtty for taking over from me (locked out of the server here)
Qually

Race

Well done to all the finishers. !
I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.

Meyer#12

Congrats Tommaso and thanks guys for a great race with some great fights for me getting back trough the field! :)

Well, this was maybe a disaster, but it was not Matty's fault at all! he acted on what he saw and had to make a decision and stick with it! he did what he felt was right in the heat of the moment so no need to get mad at him or be rude. I agree, a restart could have been needed, but i think it is much harder to judge from replay than being racing.

Also, i think Silverstone might have played tricks with us, all weekend for me have been problematic, long connecting time, BIG lags when people connecting (have not happened on the other tracks as badly) everytime i went to pit, my game would freeze for sometime and DD said my ping reached as high as 4800 at that moment ( :O )

in it's current state, GPB is not able to handle 20+ riders on different bikes i think. I don't recall the Duke GP15 race was as bad at Mugello when we was just under 20? (don't remember how many we were, but there was quite a few i think)

Hope for some netcode work or whatever it is that causes our problems, because that is really the single one problem that is making everyone lose faith and get frustrated.

Anyways, i enjoyed the race beside my crash where all had to pass before i could respawn. And thanks Matty for kicking people chatting midrace! FUCKING STOP IT! it makes the racing guys so distracted and is really annoying! write private instead of ruining it for the rest of us!

Thanks for Hosting Nick, MMA and Matty. And DD, i will watch you stream tomorrow i think :)
Meyer#12

Vini

May 29, 2016, 08:58:23 PM #157 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:00:08 PM by vin97
hmm, honestly i dont get the chat thing, just dont look there, never been distracted by it.
but ok not important

maybe an option to disable chat when you are on track would be nice so that the ones who are not distracted can keep reading it on the straight or something.

Meyer#12

b
Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 08:58:23 PM
hmm, honestly i dont get the chat thing, just dont look there, never been distracted by it.
but ok not important

maybe an option to disable chat when you are on track would be nice so that the ones who are not distracted can keep reading it.

Or people should just stop chatting midrace. easiest thing. in Practice chat is fine and it is nice that you can say sorry. But to me, i notice it, not that it is that bad, but it do distract me even i don't read it. I just don't get why people have to go on for few laps about same thing, when a decision is made :)

But anyways, this was just one to forget with all our connection and core problems etc.
Meyer#12

Vini

Napalm Nick

May 29, 2016, 09:04:20 PM #160 Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:05:55 PM by Napalm Nick
Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 08:58:23 PM
but ok not important

maybe an option to disable chat when you are on track would be nice so that the ones who are not distracted can keep reading it on the straight or something.
No chat is a standard rule for our races (and most races and championships that have been in the last year or so, so it gets pretty annoying when nobody cares about it and gabs all over the place).

There is already an option to turn off the chat in your own settings but it is nicer if people can just stfu! LOL! That way you can still read important server messages and admin messages.
Anyway when we have enough people we can pick and choose the riders and the rules will be enforced tighter. I mean they aren't just for the hell of it, they were put in because people complained they DO get distracted and I agree!

::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

with how much problems we are having with bigger races, disabling all communication is maybe not the best strategy.....

if you get distracted by chat then turn it off, dont see the reason why nobody should be allowed to chat.

Meyer#12

Quote from: vin97 on May 29, 2016, 09:05:17 PM
with how much problems we are having with bigger races, disabling all communication is maybe not the best strategy.....

if you get distracted by chat then turn it off, dont see the reason why nobody should be allowed to chat.

In the race? because it is nice to see sorry and see what admin writes in the beginning? why can't people just shut up? that is my question.
Meyer#12

Vini

just turn it off before you go to the track

because otherwise the decisions are all on the admin and he doesn't really know what the riders want until after the race, as was the case here.

Meyer#12

Then we won't know what is happening on first laps, if there will be restart or something, that is what i am having it for. But it's a personal decision. But i just think it would be respectful and nice to the ones who is racing, if people could stop
Meyer#12