• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:24:09 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

I want to puke and I'm loving it!

Started by davidboda46, June 02, 2016, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Just messed around and noticed that Max:s plugin now has a helmet-lean option. What the hell I thought, lets give it a go! So I tried the different settings and it mostly felt weird, but then I thought, wait a minute, I have zero tilt in-game, So I decided to play with that as well. In the end I settled for 20 on helmet lean and 20 on in-game tilt... and holy crap! The immersion was fantastic, so much so that I started to feel like puking... guess too much of the good stuff really can be TOO much of the good stuff...  :P

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Credit to doubledragoncc for requesting the feature: I was sceptical, but have to admit it can look good.

I should find a better texture: if you look carefully part of the helmet interior is nice, part is just flat black (the part that appears when the helmet  rotates).

Vini

thanks so much !!
those settings are amazing

been riding with 10 tilt and no helmet rotation because honestly i didnt really understand it's purpose .... until now :D

HornetMaX

If you guys that use the helmet rotation can post a video plus your settings (tilt in GPB, helmet rotation, helmet rotation reverse or not, screen size and aspect) I'm interested, just to see if there are things to improve/missing.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 03, 2016, 06:35:56 AM
If you guys that use the helmet rotation can post a video plus your settings (tilt in GPB, helmet rotation, helmet rotation reverse or not, screen size and aspect) I'm interested, just to see if there are things to improve/missing.

No prob. Will do it later today.

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

CapeDoctor

since i discovered this new feature, i can say it's improved my first-person view riding abilities dramatically.
i don't know what it is exactly about this that causes it, but i just feel a bit more 'spatially aware' of myself in relation to the bike, and the bike in relation to the track... the end result being a lot more 'natural' feel to riding in FPV than before. big thumbs up!  8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on June 03, 2016, 10:56:15 AM
since i discovered this new feature, i can say it's improved my first-person view riding abilities dramatically.
i don't know what it is exactly about this that causes it, but i just feel a bit more 'spatially aware' of myself in relation to the bike, and the bike in relation to the track... the end result being a lot more 'natural' feel to riding in FPV than before. big thumbs up!  8)

I can speculate the following:

• If you use 1st person view and no tilt in gpb (tilt = 0), then you have the horrible impression of the bike "swinging" under you, bad.
  • Once you allow GPB some tilt (100% being surely too much, as in reality your head moves to compensate the bike lean) things gets better but you still have a problem: your screen (including the helmet overlay) doesn't move. This is visually bad, as it is conflicting with the other visual info you get (swinging horizon and bike).
  • Finally, if you allow some GPB tilt and some helmet tilt, your screen will still be not moving of course, but the fact the helmet overlay swings makes the "vision area" (what you see through the helmet visor) swing. And that seems to be what makes the difference.

Vini

interesting.

it's definitely much easier to hit my preferred line now.

BOBR6 84

Helmet tilt??  :o nice! Will try.. Thnx

doubledragoncc

@Max, are you going to add REVERSE rotation bro?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

Seems like it's in reverse now no?  Compared to horizon line - bike leans left, helmet goes right.

doubledragoncc

But it is wrong for me as I am leaning and dont sit still like everyone else. It is wrong for me I am awkward lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 03, 2016, 03:41:01 PM
@Max, are you going to add REVERSE rotation bro?
Yes, I've already done it, it will be in the next release.

Quote from: teeds on June 03, 2016, 05:09:24 PM
Seems like it's in reverse now no?  Compared to horizon line - bike leans left, helmet goes right.
Because that's what happens in real life: you try to keep your head level with the horizon, no matter the bike's lean.

doubledragoncc

Cool Max thanks buddy

But because nobody leans, Max's normal rotation is fine but because I lean it over exagerates it for me.

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 03, 2016, 06:45:45 PM
But because nobody leans, Max's normal rotation is fine but because I lean it over exagerates it for me.
Yeah I know dd, the reverse thing may be of interest for you because you actually lean while playing. That's why I did it :)