• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:58:26 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride 2

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 04, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I was surprised how much better my controller is in this version, it feels great and still not tuned it fully yet.

FPS is bad on my old GTX670M but I can live with it for now, still looks great at speed lol

I have to do a full new install of WIN10 and not happy to do so as I will lose a lot of software as my backup drive died.

Making videos is a pain but will figure it out.

Need to concentrate on getting servers up for GPB first.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

This game is an arcade but...

My conclusions

Now I have tried so many bikes and tracks, on an other PC, I did not have anything to do today and I played a lot!  ;D

The riding style is not bad, improved a lot from Ride 1, with the 1p the sensations are very good and in races with different bikes the sound is fantastic  :o

Many times the AI is (very) stupid, but in some cases there are really good battles with them. The bikes models and tracks are very cool (R6 in COTA... wow).

The "career" nothing special but enjoyable, very nice the special events RR3 style, for example: overtaking X opponents in X time  ;D

The game has many bugs, crazy AI with supermoto, low fps with very good PC, etc...

It's definitely not a GPB rival but I recommend it to everyone, but need soon a patch.

For this reasons I raise my vote to 7

P.S. I have not yet tried the multiplayer, but I do not care it much.

JamoZ

I agree Black, it's way better then everything Milestone have put put out so far and i can recommend it to anyone who's into racegames. I'ts not a sim, but overall just a solid game :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

Is the handling improved from Ride 1?

doubledragoncc

Very much better handling UC

A few points are not much better but load times, graphics, handlin, content are FAR better

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on October 09, 2016, 02:52:44 PM

It`s very good actually. Sure it`s no sim, but for what it`s trying to do it`s very solid.
This time around you can actually ride the bike very smoothly instead of quirky and edgy like all previous Milestone games.

BOBR6 84

Blackheart

Macau also is great  ;D

What is your opinion on the game Bob?

RiccoChicco

Quote from: JamoZ on October 09, 2016, 05:58:35 PM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on October 09, 2016, 02:52:44 PM

It`s very good actually. Sure it`s no sim, but for what it`s trying to do it`s very solid.
This time around you can actually ride the bike very smoothly instead of quirky and edgy like all previous Milestone games.

Agree on that. Ride 1 was not bad (but not perfect either) for a "simcade" but they improved quite well on that. Moreever, the engine seems by far more optimized, the game itself has very few bugs (compared to the first which was a pain). The content is good, also.  :)

I was really disappointed by the first one, but the second is a real step forward on nearly everything (didn't tested online yet).  8)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Blackheart on October 09, 2016, 08:37:01 PM
Macau also is great  ;D

Yeah man i like it so far! Good fun bike game, love the road circuits man  ;D

doubledragoncc

Well Im having a blast in it and only ridden 2 bikes lol.

I chose the KTM for first bike and have tuned it to the max so now its time to enjoy it more hehe. Oh and cams not setup properly yet and yes I got me pants on lol

I tried the Honda VFR750 quickly as a loaner and loved it right away in stock form!!! Still got major video performance issues with WIN10 so videos aint great, but better than nout.

My game froze at the end of the race but then sorted itself out lol, typical Pilestone bug I guess hehe

https://www.youtube.com/v/OUPZsUrf3Oc

Still need to tweek my controller to get it perfect but of the bat it is great.

And wots a video without its replay.

https://www.youtube.com/v/DYebeS8h82I

I really like this and still aint really played it. It is a BIG step from RIDE and MotoGP

DD

JamoZ

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 10, 2016, 08:55:06 AM
Quote from: Blackheart on October 09, 2016, 08:37:01 PM
Macau also is great  ;D

Yeah man i like it so far! Good fun bike game, love the road circuits man  ;D

We should get together with the people here who play RIDE and do a couple of laps online. I had massive fun with Bob blasting around the Nordschleife :)

doubledragoncc

I have not tried online yet and not even sure how to or find friends lol

Old fart syndrome hehe

DD

BOBR6 84

Yeaaahhh lets get some road races going! Was good fun the other night  8)

DD.. Just use steam for invites etc

Toomes1

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 10, 2016, 02:41:48 PM
Yeaaahhh lets get some road races going! Was good fun the other night  8)

DD.. Just use steam for invites etc
[/quote

My problem is I have it on the PS4 I doubt that my old PC could run it how I like it.
Haven't had enough time to continue with my new rig......just work work and more work....no time to spend but watch the other half spend it.