• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

29th July - OSexit - In or out?

Started by Napalm Nick, June 30, 2016, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFC

Or you could go full on recluse and use Linux..

HornetMaX

In general I'm not a microsoft-basher and I don't think Win10 is that bad. There are a few points that are however really outstanding:

• I do understand their willingness to move people to win10, but their pushy update policy is a shame.
  • Telemetry: big no.
  • I've even read the most incredible of all: it has been proved that Visual Studio 2015 (C++) automatically adds telemetry calls to your own code. This is bordeline criminal. Microsoft has of course reacted quickly (like "oups, it went in by mistake, will take it out in the next update"), but ...

Problem is: there's zero alternative. So the day Win7 support ends, I'll move. For security reasons.

Hawk

Quote from: Guimengo on July 02, 2016, 02:09:31 AM
Quote from: Hawk on July 01, 2016, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: Guimengo on July 01, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Screw Windows 8, 10, and M$'s plans of widespread control. I'll keep my W7 going through its final support date in 2020, but likely will keep it going past it, or move to a competitor OS if such is available. If PC games are not compatible, I'll just stop playing them.

I cannot understand why people slag-off MS? If it wasn't for Bill Gates and MS then PC's would probably still be stuck in the dark ages..... MS changed the ball-game big time for the mass PC market and should be respected for that.
Just because a product becomes the majority choice of the world is no reason to slag it off with crazy MS world control attitude.... The guy(Bill Gates) has done well for every PC owner so don't knock it.  ::)

You want to ask yourself that if it was so bad then why has it done so well?  :P

Hawk.

You can look at it that way, or look at how he grew his company through actions that were ahead of anti-trust and monopoly laws. Much like Bernie Ecclestone, he had a vision of what he could achieve and ruthlessly went after it with shady acts. If you read my post again you'll see I'm on W7... Of course MS has merits. Many of them. The same way I can praise something, I can criticize something especially when it is a very valid point. Remember Vista? Instead of fixing it (W7), they spent nearly a billion in marketing to try to say their turd was polished, smelled good, and wasn't actually turd. When it comes to the absurd policies, the intrusiveness and control-freak aspect of W10, and the forceful and illegal manner with which it was pushed, there are plenty of arguments to slag off MS.

I do understand people moaning about the way MS do business at times, but certainly history will say that MS opened up the genuine PC market for the average business and Joe in the street.
But this attitude(I'm speaking in general terms here) that many have against MS(particularly from Apple and Linux users) is totally unjustified. Business is business and like many successful businesses, they don't become super successful by playing exactly within the rules; that's consumerism and we're all partly to blame for that depending on your point of view of course. :)

Hawk.

TFC

No Hawk, you're right.. And the fact that more people become computer literate every day speaks volumes to the method behind Microsofts madness.

I'm really not a fan of the whole 'app / mobile accessibility on your laptop because lot's of people come to PC's from being only mobile users' though.. My father in law uses his PC in the default tiled mode and when I was helping him do a few things and changed it, he didn't even know desktop existed and wanted his damn tiles back!

Napalm Nick

Big coloured buttons we can touch oooo shiney.

Idiocracy - a film of our near future  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"