• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:49 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta9

Started by PiBoSo, September 30, 2016, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1rossi

anytime i crash any bike at all the game crashes? Even does it with the Mur 990

Will i have to uninstall all bikes and re download them all?

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 01, 2016, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: Syd on October 01, 2016, 07:48:26 PM
1. Mura does have too much grip (to tc or aids). Even in wet. Possibly Varese too, I doubt I could get away with being rough with the throttle IRL on this bike. But it's not far off.

There were no changes in tyre grip or tyre physics.
The throttle mapping has been fixed, so there is now a lot less peak power in lower gears.

That's strange, because now I can actually even ride without crashing instantly when leaning with slick tyres in wet. In beta8 when I tried to go out with slicks in wet, it was like riding on ice. So this does not seem to be power curve related, rather grip level, rider mass or something similar...

Also concerning wet track: I seem to get a game crash (ODE Internal) whenever I try to cross from pits onto actual track when there are rainy conditions. Have tried it numerous times and I always get that crash.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Davide74

yesterday i was giving a few laps with loopateli in cbr cup and now battles are more fluid because the bike is more stable in turns and not have to go varying paths to avoid loss of the front wheel, big step forward for the battles racing.

Gzehoo

Great ;D I'm happy about this new respawn system... Oh wait :o

https://www.youtube.com/v/kMdTE92dH4c

LOOPATELI

really hard crash= out of the race  ;D ;D ;D

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
But I agree, the runaway bike issue does need sorting, but certainly not at the expense of bikes respawning on track in front of other riders during a race surely?
In my opinion the bike should always reset on its current location after holding the reset button for 3 seconds facing in the direction of the track. This would solve the runaway bike problem and would not cause any more 'on track' spawns than in the current system. During a race it just sucks if your bike resets facing a barrier and you would have to walk backwards first. One crash could easily cost you 20+ sec which means race over. When a reset always keeps you facing in the direction of the track, the luck factor becomes smaller and crashes would cost everyone roughly the same amount of time. Dont want a similar situation as in old betas where some people could reset instantly and some had to wait 20 sec for the whole field to pass by.

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on October 02, 2016, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
But I agree, the runaway bike issue does need sorting, but certainly not at the expense of bikes respawning on track in front of other riders during a race surely?
In my opinion the bike should always reset on its current location after holding the reset button for 3 seconds facing in the direction of the track. This would solve the runaway bike problem and would not cause any more 'on track' spawns than in the current system. During a race it just sucks if your bike resets facing a barrier and you would have to walk backwards first. One crash could easily cost you 20+ sec which means race over. When a reset always keeps you facing in the direction of the track, the luck factor becomes smaller and crashes would cost everyone roughly the same amount of time. Dont want a similar situation as in old betas where some people could reset instantly and some had to wait 20 sec for the whole field to pass by.

Basically I agree with what your saying iVo, but were I disagree is when you start talking about possible disadvantages for those that crash..... Firstly I'd say that crashing itself is the biggest waster of time a rider will have in GPB during a race, and let's face it, if you crash in GPB it's generally your own fault in that your either going too fast or through your impatience at getting past another rider and causing a collision, so maybe riders should be more aware of just how much time they will waste if they crash now in beta9 and ride accordingly.  :)

As far as the respawn making sure the bike is pointing in the right direct - If you crashed your bike in reality does your bike automatically sit-up and point in the correct direction? Why should it be any different in GPB when you take into consideration that it's your fault you crashed in the first place and any subsequent time you take to get back on track is a result of your failure to stay on the bike? :P

The fact is that if you crashed in a race in reality the chances are that your race would be over anyway, so in GPB the chances are that your going to actually be gaining another chance to get back into the race? So think of it as a bonus instead of a negative.  ;D
This new beta 9 respawn is not only more realistic than in previous betas but will also(hopefully) promote more sensible riding instead of the all for nothing Kamakazi attitude because riders know they could respawn straight away in previous betas and get straight back into the race.
I'm sure if those that currently see disadvantages in the new respawn give themselves time and a chance to get used to it then they will come to really like the results it will bring to GPB race events.  :)

Hawk.

r1rossi

October 02, 2016, 02:08:55 PM #67 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:33:25 PM by r1rossi
Ok....

*update* when using keyboard not either of my 2 xbox one controllers is doesn't crash

I have deleted every file all bikes tracks etc and fresh installed.....

EVERY time i crash the game core.exe....

WTF

Can anyone help?

Stout Johnson

I agree 100% with how Hawk put it. The new system is great. It does not require the one that crashed to wait until the track is clear which can be frustrating. The one who crashed can immediately try to go back to track. And you can not argue that it somehow is a disadvantage if you are facing a barrier or something. In a real race it takes much more time to jog to your bike, lift it up, mostly start the engine, face it in the right direction and then continue. And most of the time you couldn't go on anyhow.

According to my personal taste, it should be even more restrictive. It should take more time to get the bike going again. And if the crash exceeds a certain g-force at crash time, the bike should be considered "totalled" and it should be over (race, or start back from pits in practice). And it would be cool, if the number of bikes available to be totalled for a session could be restricted for a session. So I would like to have it even more restrictive.

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk on October 02, 2016, 11:50:41 AM
like the results it will bring to GPB race events.  :)
Hawk.

Like even more people quitting after a crash because of the even bigger time loss? Mot people can`t even finish 2 laps without crashing, how do you think they`re going to like this system? Just because something is more "realistic" doesn`t always mean it`s good. You`re still playing a computer game in front of a screen with a toy controller.

And with all respect Hawk, If you think something like this will make people race more sensible, you might not you have enough online (race) gaming experience  ;D (you still have reckless driving in iRacing and AC with rating systems and damage enabled). Everything will stay the same, the same riders will be at the front, and the same riders will be at the back of the field...just with a more stretched out field because of all the different kinds of crashes.

I`m all for realism, but sometimes realism has to be sacrifised in order to keep the fun aspect of a game alive. Having people quit after 1 crash and a stretched out field with 30 seconds between every player is not my idea of fun.

I`d like to have a respawn system in between the new and the old one. There is a huge need for off track spawning, but not in the extremes like this. I`d rather put the bike 2 meters on the grass facing the track direction after a respawn. This way you still lose time driving off the grass carefully, and the need to take it easy till the tires are clean, but you`ll still encourage people to keep racing as you didn`t just lose 30 seconds on other players....

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on October 02, 2016, 02:42:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 02, 2016, 11:50:41 AM
like the results it will bring to GPB race events.  :)
Hawk.

Like even more people quitting after a crash because of the even bigger time loss? Mot people can`t even finish 2 laps without crashing, how do you think they`re going to like this system? Just because something is more "realistic" doesn`t always mean it`s good. You`re still playing a computer game in front of a screen with a toy controller.

And with all respect Hawk, If you think something like this will make people race more sensible, you might not you have enough online (race) gaming experience  ;D (you still have reckless driving in iRacing and AC with rating systems and damage enabled). Everything will stay the same, the same riders will be at the front, and the same riders will be at the back of the field...just with a more stretched out field because of all the different kinds of crashes.

I`m all for realism, but sometimes realism has to be sacrifised in order to keep the fun aspect of a game alive. Having people quit after 1 crash and a stretched out field with 30 seconds between every player is not my idea of fun.

I`d like to have a respawn system in between the new and the old one. There is a huge need for off track spawning, but not in the extremes like this. I`d rather put the bike 2 meters on the grass facing the track direction after a respawn. This way you still lose time driving off the grass carefully, and the need to take it easy till the tires are clean, but you`ll still encourage people to keep racing as you didn`t just lose 30 seconds on other players....

With all due respect JamoZ, anyone organising a race event doesn't want the type of riders taking part who rage quit or quit just because they feel they have no chance of winning the race; we all know the type of person I'm talking about, gameboy types(we could probably even name some on this forum who have a nasty habit of doing such things), so there would be no negative in losing those type of people taking part in race events.... Personally I'd want to ban riders with that attitude from future events if I was organising things because it's not professional, in fact it's a very childish attitude considering the time and efforts of the people who organise the event have put into it for the community.  :P

As for fun..... THIS IS FUN JamoZ!  Embrace it man! ;D ;D
But maybe your talking about the sort of fun that resides in the online FPS games were you can run around without fear of getting shot because you know you can respawn straight away and continue unimpeded? They would be much more fun if one shot and you were dead and out of the game, but they pander to the mass market of Gameboys who think respawn even after your shot is better fun... Mmm, I'd hate to see that sort of attitude come to simulation related events.

Server hosts and event organisers hold most of the power, if they'd actively help stamp out the gameboy attitudes then online events would be so much better.  :P  ;)

Just give the new respawn time mate, it'll grow on you!  ;)

Hawk

HornetMaX

I'd only fix the engine stall problem (engine stall without falling = must go to pits): that's annoying *and* unrealistic.

Stout Johnson

October 02, 2016, 04:29:42 PM #72 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:31:26 PM by Stout Johnson
Simply not true. I have raced in iRacing long enough to be able to tell you, there is a lot more thoughtful races there. Maybe in rookie class you might have the bad luck to come across a bad field of rage racers and quiters, but in the later classes it is not typical. And those rage racers won't be around very long anyhow. So the penalty system indeed does make a difference. It is only logical, because the human per se is making a risk/reward calculation. And if the penalty of crashing is high enough, he will try to take calculated risks only. In general it does make for more thoughtful and realistic racing.

It is not my understanding of fun to have people take unbalanced risks because they know if they do crash, they can hop back onto the bike on track within miliseconds. Also the system we had before does lead to the situation where people that are fast, but crash every second lap might end up in front of someone that is a bit slower but manages to not crash a single time. A skillful rider sometimes only loses about 5seconds with a crash (maybe even less if the crash happens in a slow corner). And that is not fun and not realistic at all. Racing should not only be about being fast, but also being about being able to not crash constantly.

Vini

Quote from: iVolution on October 02, 2016, 11:08:59 AMIn my opinion the bike should always reset on its current location after holding the reset button for 3 seconds facing in the direction of the track. This would solve the runaway bike problem and would not cause any more 'on track' spawns than in the current system.
Quote from: JamoZ on October 02, 2016, 02:42:10 PMLike even more people quitting after a crash because of the even bigger time loss? Mot people can`t even finish 2 laps without crashing, how do you think they`re going to like this system? Just because something is more "realistic" doesn`t always mean it`s good. You`re still playing a computer game in front of a screen with a toy controller.
+1

I like iVo's suggestion very much and I would add to that an adjustable minimum time limit for how quick after a crash you can reset the bike (if it doesn't fall on it's own). The runaway bike is completely unrealistic and it will ruin races.
More importantly, Jamoz is right in that this reset system will be a massive turn off for newbies trying to get into the game.

...Any thoughts on the ass movement of the new rider, snappe?

iVolution

October 02, 2016, 09:29:37 PM #74 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:35:41 PM by iVolution
Jamoz, could not agree more, my thoughts exactly

Quote from: Hawk on October 02, 2016, 04:07:21 PM
With all due respect JamoZ, anyone organising a race event doesn't want the type of riders taking part who rage quit or quit just because they feel they have no chance of winning the race; we all know the type of person I'm talking about...

As for fun..... THIS IS FUN JamoZ!  Embrace it man! ;D ;D
But maybe your talking about the sort of fun that resides in the online FPS games were you can run around without fear of getting shot because you know you can respawn straight away and continue unimpeded? They would be much more fun if one shot and you were dead and out of the game, but they pander to the mass market of Gameboys who think respawn even after your shot is better fun... Mmm, I'd hate to see that sort of attitude come to simulation related events.

Server hosts and event organisers hold most of the power, if they'd actively help stamp out the gameboy attitudes then online events would be so much better.  :P  ;)

Just give the new respawn time mate, it'll grow on you!  ;)

Hawk
It think what jamoz meant was aside from people that quit before the finish in casual events, crashing your bike in a race (could be someone elses fault) and completely losing sight of anyone for the next twenty laps is just no fun. If i lose 10 sec i know there is a chance to make up for it with good driving, but if i lose 30 sec because of an unlucky reset all competitiveness is gone and anything to race for is lost. Yes i will still finish the race but in my mind i already quit since a 30sec gap you will realistically not close within the same race. The variable time it will take for people to get back on track after a crash will completely spread out the field and it will basically be a single player experience. People that crash together always were able to continue the battle because of similar resets, same holds for peope that crashed the same amount of time, in previous betas they would still be relatively close to each other. And yeah i am all for realism but there is a limit, a real bike you just dont crash that often because of all the extra feedback and controls so dont compare gpbikes to real life. As long as i need to steer the bike with one thumbstick that maybe moves 2cm, have brakes witout feedback and no sense of grip except for visual clues or 1:1 physics, let it just be a game and keep some unrealistic elements in just for the sake of competitivity. Everyone crashes and 95% will do it at least once in a race, those people will stop racing after a few races of solitary driving and that is not what we want. Yeah i will give the new system a shot, wont have much of a choice i guess anyway, but there is simply no chance i am wrong about this unless everyone suddenly knows how to drive and stopped crashing.

As for Stout, yes i will argue it is a disadvantage if you end up facing a barrier after reset because it didnt have anything to do with how hard you crashed or how much risk you took. Facing the barrier is simply being extra unlucky after making a mistake or being hit by someone else, there is no skill involved in having a good resetting position = completely random = frustrating. Lets see how you wiĺl enjoy it being knocked off in the first corner, no chance of victory and the guy responsible leading you by 10 sec just because he had an easier reset. And this is not an uncommon scenario as you know but usually happens at least to someone during the first lap.