• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:56:08 PM

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 22, 2015, 11:40:42 AM
What's your DST steering percentage?
You're talking about Direct lean, something different from DST.

MaX.

Boerenlater

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 22, 2015, 11:49:22 AM

MaX.
My bad, that's what I meant yes.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Klax75

Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 04:55:36 AM
Quote from: SeriousSpy on January 22, 2015, 04:38:39 AM
I may do at some point.

The lack of AI really irritates me though, and I'm just using a 360 pad.

I use a X-Box 360 controller for years and now a X-Box One control. Use totally manual everything, and manual rider movement, and DST steering. Works fine for me. :)

[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=45
directsteer_maxtorque2=0.5

Klax75

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 22, 2015, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 22, 2015, 11:49:22 AM

MaX.
My bad, that's what I meant yes.

As far as I can tell the slider for Direct Lean doesn't do anything with DST. I've tried it from 0% to 100%.

Boerenlater

January 22, 2015, 12:05:17 PM #154 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:06:56 PM by Boerenlater
Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 12:01:48 PM
I may do at some point.

I use a X-Box 360 controller for years and now a X-Box One control. Use totally manual everything, and manual rider movement, and DST steering. Works fine for me. :)

[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=45

Thanks, and the direct lean %?

edit: nvm
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Klax75

Quote from: Boerenlater on January 22, 2015, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 12:01:48 PM
I may do at some point.

[hardcore]
directsteer=1
directsteer_maxtorque=45

Thanks, and the direct lean %?

Mine is set to 0%, but it doesn't seem to do anything when using DST.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 12:04:56 PM
As far as I can tell the slider for Direct Lean doesn't do anything with DST. I've tried it from 0% to 100%.
Rightly so.

MaX.

Hawk

I thought I'd just try and see if the centreline restrictions have been lifted by Piboso, just to see if it will be possible to create a track centreline(TCL file) for a circuit as large as the IOM_TT.

I've ran into a strange problem, and I'm wondering if anyone can pinpoint what is going on when I load the TT track into "TrackED"?

When I load the TT track into "TrackED" the track length reading at the bottom of the pics below is incorrect.
Also, in pic "2", it is showing the TT circuit at it's maximum "Zoom-out" setting. In otherwords I cannot zoom-out any further than what you see in pic 2.

The .TCL file that came with the IOM_TT download is empty(or for some reason will not load and show), so I'd have to create a new one from scratch, and I don't want to start a new TCL until I know the track is showing as the correct length in "TrackED" for obvious reasons in that the TCL will take a lot of work and a long time to put down for such a large circuit.

PIC 1: @ IOM_TT Start-Line.

PIC 2:This is maximum zoom-out in TrackED

Any ideas of what is happening here guys?

Hawk.

Hawk

Having just read through this thread again after so long, I have come to the conclusion that the problem now isn't the number of TCL segments allowed, but simply the limitation on the track model size?

It would help greatly if Piboso could clarify to us just whether creating a track that is 37.73 mile+ in size is possible in GPB at this time.  :)

Hawk.

h106frp

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2015, 04:11:32 PM
Having just read through this thread again after so long, I have come to the conclusion that the problem now isn't the number of TCL segments allowed, but simply the limitation on the track model size?

It would help greatly if Piboso could clarify to us just whether creating a track that is 37.73 mile+ in size is possible in GPB at this time.  :)

Hawk.

I hope Piboso realizes just how popular GPB would be if the IOM track could be made available, this seems to be the dream of nearly every bike sim community i have come across over the years.

PiBoSo

Hawk.

It would be difficult to clarify, since something like that has never been tested.
Maybe starting with a 40+ miles oval could be an idea?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 22, 2015, 05:41:07 PM

Hawk.

It would be difficult to clarify, since something like that has never been tested.
Maybe starting with a 40+ miles oval could be an idea?

Good idea for a test Piboso. I'll give it a try and report back here. Thanks. ;)

Hawk.

Klax75

I've used this track several times and I know with Beta 6 I can ride on it much longer then beta 5. In Beta 5 you would hit a certain point then always fall through the track. Now I can keep going the problem is there is no sides to the track, and several off the turns are like cheese graters, which makes you fly off the track. Then later on if you reset the bike it resets the bike half on and half off the track which makes the bike fall off in to space. :/

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on January 22, 2015, 06:44:43 PM
I've used this track several times and I know with Beta 6 I can ride on it much longer then beta 5. In Beta 5 you would hit a certain point then always fall through the track. Now I can keep going the problem is there is no sides to the track, and several off the turns are like cheese graters, which makes you fly off the track. Then later on if you reset the bike it resets the bike half on and half off the track which makes the bike fall off in to space. :/

Can you send me a download link for the track please Klax? There is that many download links in the thread that I want to make sure I get the track that works like you said and see how big it is in scale to real life. Let's make sure we can have tracks that are actually 38 miles + in size.  :)

Thanks Klax.

Hawk.

SeriousSpy

I think I figured out what is making the game too hard for me, the bike doesn't automatically center itself. Is there any way to stop this? I guess I'm a bit too used to the MotoGP/SBK games.