• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:16:01 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Quote from: docfumi on January 23, 2015, 08:17:21 PM
Everyone makes good points, but I am not ready to just come out of my pockets for a charity of JP's choice.
I mean for all we know he could be a member of the Church of Satan. I think it would be best if we organized
a team of the top Track Modders from right here on the forum and paid them for a scratch version. The track
will take time to build but this way a lot of us can help out as well and we will all get to see it unfold right here at home.

Cheers Doc

Be kind to your Satanist friends, you might need them someday, lol..... 

IMO, if you are going to start handing out money send it to Piboso to further development. 
Help me, help you!

doubledragoncc

DANG!!!!!!!!!!

This thread goes in all directions, like a road circuit lol.

@Hawk...........Really????.... "I've just given this version a try and my frame rate literally dropped through the floor(Zero Fps) LOL. It was totally unusable for me. I waited about 3 minutes for it to advance to the next frame.
Must admit that I haven't got a high end system, but I'm running a 4 core AMD X64 bit 2.2Ghz CPU on 5 MB RAM and a Radeon 6950 2MB graphics card, So it's sort of a bottle-necked mid-range type of system I'd say."

MB?????????????   2MB ROFLMAO DUDE!!!!!! 5MB RAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you got the M and G keys confused lol.

Back to the topic before I get shot.

I have to agree with most her Tracy, if we pay for one track it is disrespect to the other modders and causes tention I think. Its the MODDERS that make GPB what it is, no disrespect to Piboso, he gave us this fantastic sim and allows us to mod it so its all to do with him from the get go, but the modders do so much with bikes and tracks and hot dogs............. where was I? oh yeah........To pay for a track even if it is the IOM would be a wrong turn for this community. We are the best community of any bike game/sim there is as we have a different mentality to the kiddy communities. WE ALL make this community what it is too!!!! and for ONE person to be treated different and paid is wrong, he aint GOD, so why should he be treated like one and others get nothing????

Hope I did not kick anyone in the nuts saying that but its true. WE all work in one way or another to make GPB different from other communities, lets not allow this to go like all the others.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

RiccoChicco

It has been months since I didn't post here. But I want to clarify the situation.

grT talked about money. But we discussed a lot about that and for both of us it's for sure not a solution. Of course when we're talking about mods, money isn't supposed to be mentionned. As I said in our discussion :

QuoteThe day mods will not be free, it will kill the game.

As a player and modder, I do not want to have a paid mod and I'll never release or buy something like that because modding is by definition made by players for players to provide new content for free.

If grT talked about money it was just to show you the options now :

- Make a paid mod
- Release a conversion without his authorisation
- Create a "crowd founded" mod just to give Jim Pearson what he want

IMHO the two first options are out of the question for obvisous reasons and I don't like the third because the modder (not necessary me) will work under pressure of other money. And modders are supposed to work when they want on what the want.

Today we showed you that the TT Mini was running quite good, just to show you how strong GPB engine can be. Of course a lot of enhancements can be done (core.exe crash for example, but also on the track side by removing polys, reducing textures size) but it's not a "crappy" engine at all and it is quite impressive.

So technically the "TT Mini" is supported by the game engine, but for "legal" reasons it wil not be released in this context.

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 23, 2015, 08:53:55 PM

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 08:50:45 PM
One thing I'd like to know: how much effort has Ricco done to put the track in GPB ? Because if he has done a lot of work, I'd prefer to pay him instead of somebody else who has created this for some other purpose and is now trying to squeeze a few extra bucks out of it.

very good point too

It's very kind guys, but of course I don't want to be paid for modding. It's a pleasure to do it, and the day I will be tired of it I'll stop before getting bummed.

Jim Pearson worked for 10 years on his track. I only work for some days/weeks nothing more. It's nothing compared to what he has done. He's a good person and I can understand his point of view, even if I don't have the same. And when he talked about money, it wasn't money for him but something for charities.

Ricco.

doubledragoncc

Thanks for that Ricco, was good of you to straighten it up for those wondering.

Great work btw and if grT likes it, it must be good.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on January 23, 2015, 10:27:42 PM
Jim Pearson worked for 10 years on his track. I only work for some days/weeks nothing more. It's nothing compared to what he has done. He's a good person and I can understand his point of view, even if I don't have the same. And when he talked about money, it wasn't money for him but something for charities.

OK, that clarifies a bit. Did you ever reach the stage where money is quantified ? It would be interesting to know (even a ballpark figure).

Just to be sure my previous post is not misunderstood: I'm 100% for rewarding the creators, when their work is worth the price.
What annoys me is (could be) the relative weight of all that. Let's imagine I chip in 20 quid for that track. That's more or less the amount I gave to Piboso for GPB. It would just feel weird.

MaX.

matty0l215

Id rather donate money to piboso and see the game finished sooner than see the tt course. It would be a great asset to the game but with such great work from ricco and others, i can wait for the tt  :P

Keep up the great work guys  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RiccoChicco

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 11:25:42 PM
Did you ever reach the stage where money is quantified ?

Unfortunately, no.

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 11:25:42 PM
What annoys me is (could be) the relative weight of all that. Let's imagine I chip in 20 quid for that track. That's more or less the amount I gave to Piboso for GPB. It would just feel weird.

I fully agree with you and I'm thinking the same :)

Again, no one in GPB community is asking for money and I hope it will never happen. It was just to give some explainations about the TT Mini current state.

girlracerTracey

All I can add to what Ricco has stated upon above is that imo Ricco has done an extremely good job with this conversion. Also as a concept track Jim Pearson's TT "Highlights" course is absolutely brilliant I have to say. It's both a joy and a challenge to ride it on PiBoSo's groundbreaking physics model. The combination of these three factors make for a truly memorable and scintillating experience from the moment you head down the Glencrutchery road to the moment you pin-it back into Douglas..

A truly unique experience.

Jim Pearson is an amazing guy. What he has achieved with the "Highlights" track and his WIP 37 3/4 mile full length version is just awe inspiring. He is a truly talented and dedicated guy. He has visited the TT course from his home in New Zealand quite a number of times just to photograph and plot the course. True dedication. There is no two ways about it.

What I personally think Jim Pearson perhaps does not fully understand is that whilst gpbikes is a commercial venture it is also a labour of love on the part of PiBoSo and the gpbikes modding community. gpbikes is not about making money. It is more about realising a passion on the part of everyone concerned.

I sincerely hope that somehow it might be possible to have Jim Pearson's "highlights" track and maybe even Jim Pearson's full length version in gpbikes at some stage in the future. I think PiBoSo's physics and Jim Pearson's TT track were made for each other..

Thanks for listening guys and thanks to Ricco for taking me into his confidence and trust with this one.

grT  :)

doubledragoncc

Hi grT, you certainly have a passion yourself for the IOM. Just watched your youtubes and great vids btw. I cant get the other riders in mine to stop crashing all the time dang it.

I just hope we get a good IOM in GPB one day. It may take a while but will be worth it in the end.

DD

girlracerTracey

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 23, 2015, 11:55:38 PM
Hi grT, you certainly have a passion yourself for the IOM. Just watched your youtubes and great vids btw. I cant get the other riders in mine to stop crashing all the time dang it.

I just hope we get a good IOM in GPB one day. It may take a while but will be worth it in the end.

DD

All I can say DD is that when I raced offline against the AI I set AI difficulty to 120%. The highest setting in gp500. Also it is important to set forced retirements or automatic retirements whatever it is under the DIFFICULTY settings  to OFF. Otherwise if the AI crash hit a wall and bounce back into the track & collide with following bikes it thins out the field.. So full simulation, no assists and maximum strength for the AI. That's I think all that I do tbh. Sensation of speed on gp500 round the whole course is amazing..flat out under the trees into blind fast sweepers with jumps in the road..always get the adrenalin flowing. Obviously you can race this online also if you wish..

grT   :)

Hawk

January 24, 2015, 01:40:57 AM #205 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:51:41 AM by Hawk_UK
The 40 mile+ Oval Test Track for GPB Test Report:

I've just finished testing the Oval track I built to test GPB's capability to run a huge circuit:

The Oval track is exactly 40 Miles 531.03 Yards long.
I rode it flat out on the WSS600 YZR @ 185MPH all the way from the start line.
The frame rate on my mediocre system was running at an impressive 55 - 85 FPS.
It took me approx. 12 mins to complete the circuit. Not sure to be exact because after 10 mins the timer on Max's HUD stopped showing the time(Is that a bug Max?)

Just to mention this for Piboso: The Zoom-Out function on "TrackED" doesn't zoom-out far enough for us to see the whole of a big circuit like these. A fix for this would be very useful, but no rush.  ;)

So yes! I'm impressed with the power of GPB!
I don't know why the IOM version I downloaded from this thread was making my frame rate drop through the floor(zero FPS on that version), but I can only think it was because the track surface in that version was broken up into many, many different objects?

It's a boring ride, but if anyone wants to try it, then I'll post a download link here for it. But let me tell you straight..... A 40+ mile oval is a very boring ride. Lol

Hawk.

PS: @DD. Yes I did get my M's mixed up with the G's in my earlier post. Well spotted mate, I didn't notice to be honest. But my system is not quite that bad. Hehe  ;D

doubledragoncc

LOL Hawk it made me think of my NEW PC years ago, 1MB video and 4MB RAM with a whopping 20MB harddrive lol

My Laptops got 16GB RAM and 4GB DDR5 video dang it

DD

BOBR6 84

BOBR6 84

Quote from: WALKEN on January 23, 2015, 09:05:33 PM
Quote from: docfumi on January 23, 2015, 08:17:21 PM
Everyone makes good points, but I am not ready to just come out of my pockets for a charity of JP's choice.
I mean for all we know he could be a member of the Church of Satan. I think it would be best if we organized
a team of the top Track Modders from right here on the forum and paid them for a scratch version. The track
will take time to build but this way a lot of us can help out as well and we will all get to see it unfold right here at home.

Cheers Doc

Be kind to your Satanist friends, you might need them someday, lol..... 

IMO, if you are going to start handing out money send it to Piboso to further development.

couldn't agree more!

about money for development that is lol

BOBR6 84

maybe having this track would bring in more GPB sales?

personally i dont think it would...

would need to be really good quality track.. is it?

GPB just need more advertisement imo.