• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:14:32 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: RiccoChicco on January 24, 2015, 06:25:26 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2015, 03:32:49 PM
the quality is not on par with what GP Bikes and the TT deserve.
The layout seems reasonably accurate ( but bumpy ); everything else looks like 1998.

You're right on this point. But the track is currently a raw conversion, it could be improved a lot graphically without making it too heavy for the engine.

The original one:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz87vdxNhUk
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Do you have an idea of the funds needed to have the laser scanned track?

If I remember correctly, around 20k euro for the scanning of the whole 60km course and the generation of the mesh.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2015, 07:51:57 PM

If I remember correctly, around 20k euro for the scanning of the whole 60km course and the generation of the mesh.

:o
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 24, 2015, 08:00:13 PM

You sure couldn't expect less for 60km of laser scanning, right? And the company also generates the mesh, they don't simply give you the point cloud.
Actually, prices dropped a lot lately.

matty0l215

January 24, 2015, 08:09:36 PM #229 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:19:35 PM by matty0l215
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2015, 08:05:26 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on January 24, 2015, 08:00:13 PM

You sure couldn't expect less for 60km of laser scanning, right? And the company also generates the mesh, they don't simply give you the point cloud.
Actually, prices dropped a lot lately.

Sorry :(

I do realize how much work there is,  Just trying to be funny (not coming across then?? :P)

Edit- Just changed that in to GBP £15,000!?!?! thats bloody cheap actually :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

RiccoChicco

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2015, 07:45:37 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2015, 03:32:49 PM
the quality is not on par with what GP Bikes and the TT deserve.
The layout seems reasonably accurate ( but bumpy ); everything else looks like 1998.

You're right on this point. But the track is currently a raw conversion, it could be improved a lot graphically without making it too heavy for the engine.

The original one:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz87vdxNhUk

My TT conversion wasn't from this version. Jim Pearson restarted from zero for the complete track (the one we see in your video). This version looks by far better than the one I used :

http://www.youtube.com/v/VnHfYsgN6dM

Note that this video comes from rFactor to have a better video quality to compare.

What I can do is at least to retexture and rework some objects in a little part of the track to show you what can be done with it and to post some screen to compare.

I was waiting for it more or less. It's a huge amount of money, for sure.

With these 20k euro do you have the whole "max" file ready for your game or will it be needed to make all "visual" stuff like buildings models, unwrapping every object or other?

PiBoSo

Quote from: RiccoChicco on January 24, 2015, 08:52:09 PM
With these 20k euro do you have the whole "max" file ready for your game or will it be needed to make all "visual" stuff like buildings models, unwrapping every object or other?

All mapping, textures and trackside objects would still need to be created.

JJS209

January 24, 2015, 09:18:29 PM #232 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:20:39 PM by JJS209
just an idea:
there is this thing called "crowdfounding"
what about that with the target to handout the results of the scan only to piboso.

i would like to question you piboso, what do you thing about something like that?

pros imo:
- we only give money indirectly to piboso with a fixed aim.
- everyone can donate as possible/ok for him/her.
- we will get nearer to the tt course.

cons:
- ?

€: something like a donation box, you guys and girls know what i mean, i hope... :)

h106frp

Re: bike handling issues

Remember watching something on the tele where they explained that the TT bikes were fitted with much more forgiving suspension than the track bikes, they swapped out rear shock and swingarms  and front suspension when taking track bikes to the TT - i think it was a Suzuki team.

A few models might need tweaking towards more toward road bike type setup to work well on this track - I'll have an RC30 please  ;D

h106frp

January 24, 2015, 09:25:46 PM #234 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:30:52 PM by h106frp
Quote from: JJS209 on January 24, 2015, 09:18:29 PM
just an idea:
there is this thing called "crowdfounding"
what about that with the target to handout the results of the scan only to piboso.

i would like to question you piboso, what do you thing about something like that?

pros imo:
- we only give money indirectly to piboso with a fixed aim.
- everyone can donate as possible/ok for him/her.
- we will get nearer to the tt course.

cons:
- ?

€: something like a donation box, you guys and girls know what i mean, i hope... :)

I would be OK, £10 each would need 1500 people - not sure quit how big the community is though.

Once scanned, the model would have commercial re-sale value for other engines, it might be possible that any revenue generated here could be fed back into GPB development which would be great.

Don't know if anyone is active in car sim forums, but maybe the idea could draw in support from somewhere like the assetto corsa community, this is also a new sim looking for new realistic tracks and reduce the cost that way

Docfumi

There's a lot of good ideas going around (crowd funding) but I still think a finished game would make me a lot happier
then a single track. I know it's not just a track it is the TT, but I'm all for The Greater Good!  :D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

JJS209

my thinking is more like we say in germany: "from behind, thru the breast into the eye"  8)

what a big motivation would it be to have all you need (data) to finish the tt-project?!
i thing that would also speed up the development of gpb.

Docfumi

This is me fighting myself about this track.

Juxtaposition

Where is all this coming from? It's feels like the last week or so your hell bent on this track.
I mean, I know I have been out of the loop for some time, this is no secret but are we breaking up or what?
All of a sudden there's excuses an stuff I never even heard of. Think about it, we were so happy
just rolling around Ulster GP and the Nordschleife maybe smacking up noobs in a few online races, so now you want BIGGER!
Look I know what we have isn't perfect but it works, it works for me and you. Now tell me you don't smile when you get
a new Skin, Bikeset and dare I say TRACK. I'd go out on a limb and say your spoiled, I know it hurts but it's true.
I've always taken you with a grain of salt, like how you cried for months about how the front end kept washing away in Beta3.
I stood by you. And don't think I forgot about how you through a fit over the brakes in Beta 1b, I was there but if you think
I'm going to dig in my pockets only to see you whine about bumps and online load times your in for some serious disappointment.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

Man this is getting wild in here lol.

As this seems to be the place to hang out and chat the last few days can I ask Ricco if he's gonna make the M1 for this beta or are we sidetracking him with all this track talk lol.

Well someone had to do the off-theme post and I thought it was my turn???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: docfumi on January 24, 2015, 09:30:19 PM
There's a lot of good ideas going around (crowd funding) but I still think a finished game would make me a lot happier
then a single track. I know it's not just a track it is the TT, but I'm all for The Greater Good!  :D
Doc, can I mouth-kiss you right now ? I agree 100%.

I like the idea of crowfunding, but we should crowfund the finished game first and then the rest.
GPB at the moment doesn't really handle bumpy tracks well, so what's the point in a laser-scanned very bumpy track ?

Pushing for a laser scanned TT track in GPB at the moment sounds a bit like the guy with no riding license already buying the custom exhaust ...

I think Piboso is right in saying "Yes, maybe ... at some point".

MaX.