• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

CAWS MOD Team - TRACK RELEASE - WIP Donington Park Circuit.

Started by Hawk, June 08, 2017, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Hi guys.

Ever since Beta 12b came out I can't load this track, tried both GP and National versions. Stuck at syncing for ever and if I click the mouse (which goes from the GPB orange one, that is stuck during loading, to the regular white windows one if you know what I mean), I immediately get a core.exe. I use LAA. Track loaded fine with Beta 11b.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

janaucarre

Hi,
I note some tracks wich worked well in other beta are less fps in b12b, there one i build for test that was rideable on 5km and the last km was less than 1fps, now It's less than 5 fps from the start, there is only road and grass.

Hawk

Sounds like a beta 12b issue, but we will test Donington to try and see what's happening....

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.  ;) 8)

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2017, 08:17:21 AM
Hi guys.

Ever since Beta 12b came out I can't load this track, tried both GP and National versions. Stuck at syncing for ever and if I click the mouse (which goes from the GPB orange one, that is stuck during loading, to the regular white windows one if you know what I mean), I immediately get a core.exe. I use LAA. Track loaded fine with Beta 11b.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Just tried this myself and seems to load fine for me..... It took approx. 40 secs to sync connect and fully load up.

The only time I've had issues like this in beta12b(on any track) is when I've tried to connect to a track with a beta 12 updated bike that I forgot to install the new separate tyre files for.
Was there any bike in particular that you were using at the time? Maybe I can test again using the actual bike you were trying to connect with. :)

davidboda46

Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2017, 12:16:15 PM
Hi guys.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Just tried this myself and seems to load fine for me..... It took approx. 40 secs to sync connect and fully load up.

The only time I've had issues like this in beta12b(on any track) is when I've tried to connect to a track with a beta 12 updated bike that I forgot to install the new separate tyre files for.
Was there any bike in particular that you were using at the time? Maybe I can test again using the actual bike you were trying to connect with. :)

I tried with several bikes, same issue. They work fine on other tracks. I still have all the folders in the C:\...GP Bikes... folder, instead of the new My documents\Piboso-way (I prefer the old folder system and I always unzip the bike PKZ-files so I can easily add paint-files like I always have). Could that be a problem?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 13, 2017, 01:25:13 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2017, 12:16:15 PM
Hi guys.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

I tried with several bikes, same issue. They work fine on other tracks. I still have all the folders in the C:\...GP Bikes... folder, instead of the new My documents\Piboso-way (I prefer the old folder system and I always unzip the bike PKZ-files so I can easily add paint-files like I always have). Could that be a problem?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

Not sure if it could be a problem to be honest; but actually for the paint files, all you need to do is create the bike folder for the relevant bike-name and then create the paints folder inside your newly created bike-named folder and just pop your paint files in there.... No need to extract the bike .PKZ files. ;)
Plus the fact that the servers are now using the .pkz format for the bike files, so if you extract your pkz files you won't be able to connect to that server because your file formats will be different. ;)
So whether that has any relevance to the issue your are experiencing? I don't know. :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2017, 01:51:02 PM
Plus the fact that the servers are now using the .pkz format for the bike files, so if you extract your pkz files you won't be able to connect to that server because your file formats will be different. ;)
I think this is wrong: you can connect if you unpack and the server doesn't (or vice versa).
It's just that the files must be identical once unpacked: both GPB client and the server unpacks them when loading and the check is likely done there.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 13, 2017, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2017, 01:51:02 PM
I think this is wrong: you can connect if you unpack and the server doesn't (or vice versa).
It's just that the files must be identical once unpacked: both GPB client and the server unpacks them when loading and the check is likely done there.

I think you're correct Max, I know in MXB it doesn't matter if they're pkz or folder, the content is what counts.

Hawk

I'm just going from when I had unpacked.pkz bike files in my bike folder and all I got was a core.exe every time I tried to connect. I was asked if all my bikes were .pkz packed files because that's what was on the server? I put the .pkz versions back again and "Hey Presto!" I had no problems connecting to the server at all. So right or wrong something is going off there.  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on September 13, 2017, 04:48:50 PM
I'm just going from when I had unpacked.pkz bike files in my bike folder and all I got was a core.exe every time I tried to connect. I was asked if all my bikes were .pkz packed files because that's what was on the server? I put the .pkz versions back again and "Hey Presto!" I had no problems connecting to the server at all. So right or wrong something is going off there.  :-\
Yes, but probably something else :)
Really, folder or .pkz should not make a difference to the checks GPB does.

janaucarre

Hi,
Never had a problem to connect to a server and i have ever unpacked all the files

Warlock

I have both , packed and unpacked, no problems so far.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

September 15, 2017, 10:23:10 AM #58 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:30:35 AM by vini97
nice track but the bikes are floating above the surface

also could you make the curbs a bit smaller? it's realistic that you cannot use them mid corner but IMO you should be able to use them out of the turn when the bike is upright without highsiding.

Hawk

Quote from: vini97 on September 15, 2017, 10:23:10 AM
nice track but the bikes are floating above the surface

also could you make the curbs a bit smaller? it's realistic that you cannot use them mid corner but IMO you should be able to use them out of the turn when the bike is upright without highsiding.

Your not alone on your observations there Vin.  ;)
I've also noticed the bikes are riding above the surface too(on most tracks in general), more so since the latest GPB beta 12b release.... There is nothing wrong with the track that would cause this to happen so I can only presume it is either a GPB beta issue or a bikeMOD beta 12 update issue? Maybe Piboso could shed some light on this matter.
I see wheels/tyres lifting off the ground in the replays too as they have done since beta 9 I seem to recall? This is a long time issue we've reported many times but seems to get ignored by Piboso in his updates since beta 9 for some reason? Again, maybe Piboso would be kind enough to shed some light on this matter? :)

The way the bikes handle kerbs is probably more down to bikeMOD suspension physics/GPB physics than anything else, so the catch 22 here is: Do we unrealistically smooth the kerbs down so current GPB physics can handle them with ease, or, do we leave them realistically modelled and wait for Piboso to sort out the damping characteristics of the suspension/tyre systems for the physics in GPB and/or bikemods?

Thanks for the feedback Vin, appreciated mate! ;) 8)