• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:02 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on January 18, 2014, 11:45:12 PM
I have been finding it hard to connect,I look for a server with bikes in, try to join it can,t connect when I look at the server again there are always 2 or 3 less bikes.
It's as if I make bikes drop out when trying to connect

Hi Ian.

I understand what your saying, because when I'm on server, most of my core.exe crashes happen when others have just connected during that state when everything freezes for a split second when someone's just connected.

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 19, 2014, 12:39:45 AM
I understand what your saying, because when I'm on server, most of my core.exe crashes happen when others have just connected during that state when everything freezes for a split second when someone's just connected.
Hawk, when that happens are you actually seeing that someone has just connected or might it be that it is just a similar sort of freeze that happens before core.exe?

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 12:48:28 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 19, 2014, 12:39:45 AM
Hawk, when that happens are you actually seeing that someone has just connected or might it be that it is just a similar sort of freeze that happens before core.exe?

Hi iVolution.

Gp Bikes tells you when someone has just connected and you know that split second freeze when someone connects? Well most of the time that freeze passes without a problem, but when it core.exe's that freeze just continues with that accompanying buzzing sound and everything just totally stops and ends up with that windows core.exe crash warning box.

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 19, 2014, 12:55:42 AM
Gp Bikes tells you when someone has just connected and you know that split second freeze when someone connects? Well most of the time that freeze passes without a problem, but when it core.exe's that freeze just continues with that accompanying buzzing sound and everything just totally stops and ends up with that windows core.exe crash warning box.
Yes but how do you know that someone is actually connecting at that moment? It could be that the game just freezes up the same way as when someone is connecting but then just never recovers? Do you actually see the text of who has connected before the core.exe? I sometimes have the feeling that if other people start to core.exe and rejoin the server it tends to get worse for me as well but I do not have any real prove of this, I never ask my buddies if someone connected at the same moment I crashed. When I have a core it usually does not show that someone connected just before it so I can't tell wether it has something to do with that.

Aside from all this, it might be worth trying to watch replays when someone else cores. We might find that something is happening somewhere on the track that causes all this (crash, someone connecting, someone leaving the pit, etc). I will try this the next time I will play gpbikes with friends.

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 08:34:45 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 19, 2014, 12:55:42 AM
Yes but how do you know that someone is actually connecting at that moment? It could be that the game just freezes up the same way as when someone is connecting but then just never recovers? Do you actually see the text of who has connected before the core.exe? I sometimes have the feeling that if other people start to core.exe and rejoin the server it tends to get worse for me as well but I do not have any real prove of this, I never ask my buddies if someone connected at the same moment I crashed. When I have a core it usually does not show that someone connected just before it so I can't tell wether it has something to do with that.

Aside from all this, it might be worth trying to watch replays when someone else cores. We might find that something is happening somewhere on the track that causes all this (crash, someone connecting, someone leaving the pit, etc). I will try this the next time I will play gpbikes with friends.

Sometimes I do see the text that shows who's connected before a core.exe crash, other times I don't, but the reaction GP Bikes has when people connect surely demonstrates that the code is struggling to cope with real-time action while people are connecting; this is the area of the code I would be seriously looking at for the problem.

I really don't know what is the root cause of the problem, but if users lag could be creating problems on connection, then wouldn't it be interesting test to put up a server with a limit on the ping rating? Say a max user ping of 70(maybe lower), just to see if that server has core.exe crash issues or not? I wonder if dibu could test this theory? How about it dibu? ;) :)

PS: Just another thought. Wondering if it could be users connecting with lines that are not synchronised properly? I know I get drop out problems on the internet if there are synchronisation problems with my line, maybe this is causing core.exe's? Not everyone realises they have these problems. If these things could be identified then Piboso could maybe put error catching codes in to solve the problem?

Warlock

We not always crash when somebody connects so must be another reason for it.
What is sure is sometimes crashes affects more than one user at the same time, 3 or even more. Steam is a good thing to check this , as you can see your friends restarting the game at the same time after a crash.

dibu

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 19, 2014, 09:37:15 AM
I really don't know what is the root cause of the problem, but if users lag could be creating problems on connection, then wouldn't it be interesting test to put up a server with a limit on the ping rating? Say a max user ping of 70(maybe lower), just to see if that server has core.exe crash issues or not? I wonder if dibu could test this theory? How about it dibu? ;) :)
'Track 20 + Mod 1.3.0, max ping 70ms' is up for a test now. It's identical to 'Track 21 + Mod 1.3.0' except max ping and both are running at the same server.
At track 20 I've also enabled debug logging.

Atm I've no idea what causes the client core.exe problems. My 'problem' is that the servers are really stable in opposite to earlier betas.  ;)

Hawk

These results will be interesting indeed, especially if we get no core.exe's at all on this server.

Thanks for that dibu! ;)

PS: I'll report my findings back here, as I hope others will do to. :)

dibu

max ping changed to 100ms now.

Hawk

Hawk

January 19, 2014, 06:29:35 PM #25 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:30:16 PM by Hawk_UK
Max Ping Server Report: - Victoria Circuit:

I have been on the server for quit a while using the Varese 500cc bike. 11 users tried to connect, two with a ping warning. Each one connected with a ping rate of zero. I tried to say "Hi" to each one but no reply, so I presume it kicked them off the server due to a max ping rate of 70 on server at the time?

Two people managed to connect with me: BozoCRO, and Kerazxo - both using Mod bikes(Ducati GP8/RGV500)

One interesting thing happened when the two guys above using Mod Bikes managed to connect was: When I tried to go on track after they connected, I would go to pits as normal, but then my bike engine was off. I went back to garage and tried again but same thing happened. I then tried exiting the server and reconnect in the hope that it was just a glitch. Then when I tried to reconnect to the server a box came up saying that my license had been banned! Lol. What was that about??? Anyway. I thought I try again so pressed the cancel button and it core.exe crashed on me.

I went back into GP Bikes and tried another server which connected okay. Then tried the Max ping server, and that connected okay too. So wether there is a problem with the Mod bikes stopping the engines of the default bikes? I do not know.

Hope this helps.

dibu

January 19, 2014, 06:48:29 PM #26 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:03:22 PM by dibu
@PiBoSo - just in case it's of any use the debug logs of the server are available for this event. You can find them at the dropbox link which I've sent you long time ago. 

C21

Track:                     Victoria 19 Training
Bike:                       MSM125
# of players:           0
Moment of core:      While driving
Other: Game frezze then Core .exe

New install , no mods.
Happens also with another install incl. V1.2.2 and R6 V0.81, Same corner.

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ghostchild

C21, I' still have that problem: core.exe crashes as soon as I get out of the pits, when the server is empty (0 players).
New install and it's the same with or without mods..
I've sent a pm to Piboso but unfortunately I did not get answers.

There's nothing to do about it? ::)

iVolution

January 19, 2014, 08:52:31 PM #29 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:56:24 PM by iVolution
Quote from: C21 on January 19, 2014, 07:39:28 PM

Track:                     Victoria 19 Training
Bike:                       MSM125
# of players:           0
Moment of core:      While driving
Other: Game frezze then Core .exe

New install , no mods.
Happens also with another install incl. V1.2.2 and R6 V0.81, Same corner.
My template for reporting cores was just an example of how we could do it. Personally i think its very clear exactly what happened and if we are having 50 of these "reports" in a separate topic it is necessary to have a uniform style.

I would like some feedback (Max?) on whether this "report your core here" topic is a good idea before i make one. Don't know if I am the only one interested in having this info clearly readable..