• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:01:26 PM

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

January 19, 2014, 09:38:08 PM #30 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:46:58 PM by RBp
I tried pulling the internet plug while online, no crash game still played, It happens with me only in game as well as with others, I rule out net code.

So that leaves

Memory:   leaks or conflicts
Physic:   ?  no idea
graphics:  ?   openGL pretty stable. been around along time.

Edit it only happen to me online  so could be netcode.

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 08:52:31 PM
I would like some feedback (Max?) on whether this "report your core here" topic is a good idea before i make one. Don't know if I am the only one interested in having this info clearly readable..
I don't know, probably up to Piboso to say if it's really helpful or not.

dibu's server with debug logging should be helpful.

@dibu: I'm not sure piboso will see your post in this topic, I'd suggest you to PM him informing of the server with maxping and debug ON.

MaX.

iVolution

Quote from: RBp on January 19, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
Edit it only happen to me online  so could be netcode.
Or a graphics issue with drawing other bikes. As the core.exe is probably not caused by one single issue there of course will be more than one cause. One of them I think has something to do with other bikes being in a close proximity, the cores i have are often when i am getting closer to the person in front of me (+/- 30 meters or so?) and then it crashes. I do not have a lot of cores but if they happen it mostly is when other people are close.

C21

The only thing what i can say:
I had no problems joining the server the day when beta4 came out.
Funny riding with up to 10 guys on track.
Thereafte i´am not able anymore to ride online.
I can choose the server...get into garage...went out of pit and about 15-20seconds later the game freeze with a core.exe later on.
No one on server and no one joining.
It happens with or without mods.
I will check next week if its a hardware issue or something else...

Edit:
Joined Track19 via http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php
Stand still for 90seconds in pit w/o driving out of pit (no joystick connected)....no core.exe
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

iVolution

Warlock

Do you have any other controller you can try ?
Maybe is an issue with some controllers

C21

Yes, i have another One.
But i can Play offline for hours w/o getting any Core.exe.
If i play online.....
I will try another PC next week / Freshly win7 install / Virgin System :)
Will See what Happens then....

Ian

May be a idea to start a poll to see which graphics cards people are using AMD or Nvidia to see if one is having more core exe then the other

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on January 22, 2014, 11:07:49 PM
May be a idea to start a poll to see which graphics cards people are using AMD or Nvidia to see if one is having more core exe then the other
I doubt if that is causing the core.exe's, but that would be useful info, Ian. I'll certainly vote if you set it up. ;)

C21

I think i will get Rid of the issue with the New System but we still don't know what is causing the Core.exe
Using Nvidia on both Systems by the Way ;)

C21

Strange...
Was right now on the GP125 hotlap server , playing with Docfumi (who was on the Track when i joined).
Ping: 71
I can play on a server when at least one other driver is already on the track.
Can play for 2-3 laps then core.exe
If no one on the server, core.exe in the left 1st corner repeatably.
I can play in the pitlane with the engine , drive a bit , stop, start, no problem...until i arrive the 1st left....

Should this really caused by OS or other driver issues??

HornetMaX

Man that's weird ... and if you go on the track in the wrong direction ? Does it happen ? Still on 1st left or on 1st right ?

MaX.

C21

Did not try that yet.
Joined track19 gp125 hotlap and the more players on the server the better and longer i can play w/o core.exe
Got two core.exe , one at crashing and one when arvoss was joining.
It´s weird.
Thereafter i Did not get a core.exe for 20minutes until most of players left the server to race on track21 with 1.3.1 installed (which i did not have installed yet....damn  >:()

Hawk

Yeah, I was one of those that left 19 for a 125cc race on 21, and I got a core.exe on track 21(Victoria) when I clicked the "Go To Track" Button to start the race.