• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:30:21 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I had a whole bunch of crashes on monzabike v3 offline (!!) , both normal an NDS. Unusual for me, normally I have very little crashes.

Spent 3-4 hours online and had no crashes (same track).

I stopped trying to understand the whole thing a while ago :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Lol :) I think il do the same..

cdx

Hi, I get many crashes on Victoria (I play the demo). I think all of them happened in the same way: when crossing the edge of the track, either on the white line or just after crossing to the grass.

I don't know if it's connected, but I noticed that game crashes when I'm about to slide for a fall at the edge of the road - usually at the moment of the crash I have just released the acceleration, sensing that I'm about to go down (I can't play, just started, manual minus clutch, all other assists off :) ). It's at mid-range speed, probably 3rd gear. It doesn't happen if I'm riding slowly - I just spent a few minutes constantly falling to test it and no game crashes :D

A few times it happened shortly after the first tight right turn on the track, if that makes any difference.

BOBR6 84

Hi mate!

You should purchase the full version! Its core crash free.. Chuckle chuckle  :D

Joking aside.. Forget the demo.. Get online!!!  ;)

cdx

The way I'm riding right now I'd better keep away from races. Crash after crash and I'm not talking about core.exe :)

But I'll get a licence eventually, the game is awesome!

BOBR6 84

I crash alot too! haha
Dont u only have the 125cc bike in the demo?

daryn98a

Since a month ago, when I click to play the game it says core.exe has stopped working. I want to play the game and I cant for this reason. Can somebody help me

HornetMaX

Quote from: daryn98a on October 07, 2014, 12:24:45 PM
Since a month ago, when I click to play the game it says core.exe has stopped working. I want to play the game and I cant for this reason. Can somebody help me
Clean reinstall. Unistall the game fully (including the data directory under "My Documents/Piboso") and reinstall.

MaX.

janaucarre

Cdx: core exe are for the main due to the dynamic surface, and we have done some tracks without the dynamic surface, like that we have been able to do 25 laps races, 15 riders, without core crash.
There is no victoria no dynamic surface.

yoshimura

Here are my settings, works for me, you test.My resolution 1920/1200

lighting

dynamic shadows=on
reflections=on
shaders=on

detail level
draw distance=high
model detail=low

antialiasing4X

textures
size=high
anisotropic8X

90%crash less, Online or offline.

nuovaic

I get a core.exe offline watching a replay!
In the Old School Monza race - was watching my bike go down and slide across the grass and track (practice 06:05), rewound a bit and looked again in nose view and cored as it was going over track join.
Can be replicated easily..

Hawk

Quote from: nuovaic on October 20, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
I get a core.exe offline watching a replay!
In the Old School Monza race - was watching my bike go down and slide across the grass and track (practice 06:05), rewound a bit and looked again in nose view and cored as it was going over track join.
Can be replicated easily..

That's a great way to pin-point a problem area on track... Well done mate!  ;)

Hawk.

cdx

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 30, 2014, 03:52:58 AM

I finally got a licence! And chuckle chuckle indeed :)

Here are two short clips. I got a few core crashes the same way and thought I'd catch it in a video. The clips are unlisted, I'll delete them as soon as they aren't needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5Z893E6DQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Pk9JRCoZA

Track: NC - HockenheimRing_V1.0_NDS
Bike: Murasama RC990 2003 base paint
No extra plugins other than MaxHud

I got core crashes nearly every time I crossed the line you see in the clips. In the second clip I crossed the line, it didn't crash, then I crashed the bike in the wall and restarted where you see the beginning of the clip. The crash happens when the bike freezes, then it takes a few seconds or a few mouse clicks for the application to crash out to windows.

Also, the game crashes every time if I fiddle with bike or track selection for a bit longer before I press "Start" to go to the track. E.g. if I select a bike, go through a few paints, another bike, more paints, then press Start. It gives the screen that says "Connecting..." then the big mouse pointer changes to the windows loading circle and the game waits for me to click to crash out to windows. That's in "Testing" again. Can make a clip if it would be useful.

The video quality of the clips is quite bad as it's from my phone, MSI Afterburner doesn't work as it can't catch the last few seconds before a core crash. Do you guys know software that catches the whole screen instead of the current windowed application?

Would be great to hear from PiBoSo what kind of information would be useful other than track/bike (hardware, drivers, win version, game settings?). Also, if there is some easy to use software that catches exceptions/dumps/etc that can help with information for debugging I'd be happy to install it.

Also, are there any particular bikes/tracks that need testing? Right now I'm learning to ride the things and I'm happy riding anything.

Hawk

October 21, 2014, 11:08:13 AM #178 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:12:11 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: cdx on October 21, 2014, 08:23:50 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 30, 2014, 03:52:58 AM

I finally got a licence! And chuckle chuckle indeed :)

Here are two short clips. I got a few core crashes the same way and thought I'd catch it in a video. The clips are unlisted, I'll delete them as soon as they aren't needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5Z893E6DQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Pk9JRCoZA

Track: NC - HockenheimRing_V1.0_NDS
Bike: Murasama RC990 2003 base paint
No extra plugins other than MaxHud

I got core crashes nearly every time I crossed the line you see in the clips. In the second clip I crossed the line, it didn't crash, then I crashed the bike in the wall and restarted where you see the beginning of the clip. The crash happens when the bike freezes, then it takes a few seconds or a few mouse clicks for the application to crash out to windows.

Also, the game crashes every time if I fiddle with bike or track selection for a bit longer before I press "Start" to go to the track. E.g. if I select a bike, go through a few paints, another bike, more paints, then press Start. It gives the screen that says "Connecting..." then the big mouse pointer changes to the windows loading circle and the game waits for me to click to crash out to windows. That's in "Testing" again. Can make a clip if it would be useful.

The video quality of the clips is quite bad as it's from my phone, MSI Afterburner doesn't work as it can't catch the last few seconds before a core crash. Do you guys know software that catches the whole screen instead of the current windowed application?

Would be great to hear from PiBoSo what kind of information would be useful other than track/bike (hardware, drivers, win version, game settings?). Also, if there is some easy to use software that catches exceptions/dumps/etc that can help with information for debugging I'd be happy to install it.

Also, are there any particular bikes/tracks that need testing? Right now I'm learning to ride the things and I'm happy riding anything.

Hi cdx.  ;)

Your two video's are exactly pinpointing  the area were there are gaps in the track model 3D mesh. I have informed Noss69(Track Author) about these issues that are causing core.exe crashes. You will also find the same problem at other corners too(outer edges of track corners on HockenheimRing).

Just as a test for you, try the "Mallory Park 1978"(the NDS version) track, as I have worked hard on sealing all gaps in the track mesh in the hope that it will help greatly in stopping core.exe crashes.

Nice job in pinpointing those problems mate!  ;)

Let us know here how you get on.  ;)

Hawk.

cdx

Hi Hawk,

I didn't realise this is a known issue with the track. Is there any point reporting this kind of core crash? And if so, should it be in the tracks section of the forum, seeing that the problem is with the track rather than the base game?

Nice work with Mallory Park 1978 (NDS)! It is very stable, I did quite a few laps on it and didn't get a core crash :D Also, less turns, less falling down :)

Unfortunately, now I'm getting another type of core crashes - I was riding various bikes and tracks and now I can't change the Category of bikes. I'm on GP1000 and can pick different GP1000 bikes. However, when I click on the Category drop-down triangle I see the list but if I click on anything (e.g. GP125) I get a core crash. Same thing happens if I click the left or right Category triangle. I'll fiddle with it a bit more and probably do a clean reinstall.