• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:36:05 PM

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: cdx on October 22, 2014, 04:10:25 AM
Hi Hawk,

I didn't realise this is a known issue with the track. Is there any point reporting this kind of core crash? And if so, should it be in the tracks section of the forum, seeing that the problem is with the track rather than the base game?

Nice work with Mallory Park 1978 (NDS)! It is very stable, I did quite a few laps on it and didn't get a core crash :D Also, less turns, less falling down :)

Unfortunately, now I'm getting another type of core crashes - I was riding various bikes and tracks and now I can't change the Category of bikes. I'm on GP1000 and can pick different GP1000 bikes. However, when I click on the Category drop-down triangle I see the list but if I click on anything (e.g. GP125) I get a core crash. Same thing happens if I click the left or right Category triangle. I'll fiddle with it a bit more and probably do a clean reinstall.

Hi cdx.

Well if GPB core.exe crashes, then personally I would say that is a bug? I say this because GPB should be able to catch the error that is causing the crash and continue to run, and maybe also log the error catch in a log file to be auto-downloaded to Piboso on exit so that Piboso knows what problems are being caused and why they are being caused. Then if the errors are due to problems with the track in case, then Piboso can inform the forum about the problem and therefore it can be identified and fixed. This is just a personal thought on this subject and not intended as a statement of fact, or what is possible from Piboso's side.  :)
So having made the above statement, I would personally say that any core.exe crash report from the community should be reported(posted) in the "Bug report" section of the GPB forum.  I'm sure if the report was in the wrong place then the forum moderators would soon inform us and move it. :)

I'm glad you like "Mallory Park 1978".... It's a great little circuit and a very good track for learning to ride with GPB. Thanks mate!  ;D 8)

If your getting core.exe crashes when selecting different tracks or bikes, then it's usually due to either not having the latest version of track or bike your selecting, or a symptom of copy pasting new versions bikes or tracks into the bike or tracks folder without first deleting the old version you intend to replace; also could be a symptom of a re-install of which you didn't delete the "Piboso" folder in your "My Documents" folder before the re-install???

My advice when doing a fresh re-install is to never make the mistake of taking short-cuts..... Either delete everything(Tracks, Bikes, Settings, etc, etc), or at least make a copy of the bikes and tracks only, and then when you've done the fresh install, give GPB a good test to make sure everything is working correctly before you add any bike or track mods. That way, if you then do get core.exe crashes(when selecting bikes or tracks) after adding the mods you will know that it must be due to a bike or track that is not the latest version or has maybe been copy pasted over with the latest version previously. But my advice is that if your getting issues like that, is to delete everything including bikes and tracks and download the latest versions fresh from the "Track Downloads" and "Bike MOD Revived" sections of the forum.

So yes. To do a totally fresh re-install. Make sure you delete the "Piboso" folder in the "My Documents" folder, also make sure that the "gpbikes" folder in your "Program Files" folder has been deleted. Delete all tracks and bikes(so you know your going to be starting with fresh current version mods that are not corrupted by actions such as copy pasting in the past). Then re-install GPB. Above all, don't be tempted to save time by copy pasting any settings tracks or bikes.  ;)

Hope this helps.  :)

Hawk.

davidboda46

Got this thing when I had a core.exe, have no idea what it actually means.
GP-bikes error by DavidB46, on Flickr

Also noticed that I almost only have "white line"-core crashes lately. The wierdest one is leaving the pits at COTA. Crossing the white line just before you exit pit lane, a lot of times cause a core.exe... On other tracks, it's when the bike touches the white line at different points around the circuits. I've also had it when crashing and the bike slid onto the line...

Maybe this is all old news, but thought I report it anyway...

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

cdx

Thanks for the tips Hawk!

It was strange that it started crashing on Category selection without me doing any changes on any bike/track files. I had downloaded them from the places you mentioned and they worked fine for a while. But indeed the problem seems to be there. I just renamed the bike and track folders and with only the stock bikes and Victoria it runs well, now I can change categories.

I even did a few laps on Victoria with no core crashes at all. Seems like staying within the track is useful in many ways :D

yoshimura

after a core.exe on victoria online, I can not go there, data Mismatch on another circuit  the same thing blocked (beta6c) :-\

Hawk

Quote from: yoshimura on November 01, 2014, 05:22:22 PM
after a core.exe on victoria online, I can not go there, data Mismatch on another circuit  the same thing blocked (beta6c) :-\

Quite GPB, do a system "CClean", and then try again.... Not guaranteed to work but has worked for me in the past. Other than that it maybe the server your trying to connect to hasn't updated to the current bike mod version as yet, if you already have done so? Or vice versa.  ;)

Hope this helps.

Hawk.

yoshimura

thank you for information, I just tested , and well it works again without problem, probably a passing bug. :D

yoshimura

this simulation has become unplayable online, what a pity, there always have a good atmosphere, tempered by this problem, piboso look at this problem, will be online soon the desert!!! :-\

ghostchild

November 11, 2014, 07:20:49 PM #187 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:11:09 PM by ghostchild
I agree!!!   :-\

yoshimura

November 14, 2014, 11:28:17 PM #188 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:42:04 PM by yoshimura
8 in 1 hour core.exe Misano nds online needs to do what for a correction of this problem???????thank you

Nismo

HornetMaX

Quote from: yoshimura on November 14, 2014, 11:28:17 PM
8 in 1 hour core.exe Misano nds online needs to do what for a correction of this problem???????thank you
Not sure writing in red and big font will help a lot.

MaX.

Hawk

November 15, 2014, 12:19:26 PM #191 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:23:00 PM by Hawk_UK
8 in 1 hour core.exe Misano_nds online needs to do what for a correction of this problem??????? thank you

It's could be due to artefacts in the track itself, I'm not sure, and I cannot check because we don't have the source files to take a look at the track mesh.....

I've had more cores than usual on this track too, but usually it happens to me when others are connecting or disconnecting. When is it happening to you?

@ Max: Could you have printed any smaller..... I needed to get a magnifying glass out to read your post above. Hehe  ;D

PS: I have noticed that this track runs a lot slower FPS for me.... Anyone else?

PeterV

November 15, 2014, 12:20:52 PM #192 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:23:03 PM by PeterV

A little bigger please, its hard to read.
Some have more Core.exe then others, nothing can be done about it. Misano 01 or 02 are two of the most reliable tracks around concerning core.exe. (for me at least).
I can reproduce core.exe if i want by selecting another bike before entering the server again, gives me  95% of the time a core.exe.

I will restart the server anyway.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 15, 2014, 12:19:26 PM
@ Max: Could you have printed any smaller..... I needed to get a magnifying glass out to read you post above. Hehe  ;D
Pun was intended but yes, I could have made it smaller (not that it's hard to read it anyway, the magnifying glass is not the easiest way though).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 15, 2014, 12:22:06 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 15, 2014, 12:19:26 PM
@ Max: Could you have printed any smaller..... I needed to get a magnifying glass out to read you post above. Hehe  ;D
Pun was intended but yes, I could have made it smaller (not that it's hard to read it anyway, the magnifying glass is not the easiest way though).

MaX.

Got the Pun. Lol  ;) ;D

Hawk.