• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:16:41 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Core crashes

Started by BozoCRO, January 13, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike404

Its normal , there is still some bugs.

Braap570

May 09, 2014, 10:58:18 AM #136 Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:06:54 AM by Braap570
yes but it crashes on every server after a few seconds riding because of the core crash... i thing this isnt normal.. :P

edit: idk why i just restarted pc.. started as before in admin mode the game... no core crash anymore... :D (till now)

C21

try win2000 compatibilty
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

C21

just want to say:
It´s still there this bloody damn complaint...... >:(
Joint HL server 500cc -> no core.exe i was alone on the server
Joint HL server WSS -> after 2 or 3 laps core.exe repeatably. 5 other gyus on the server.
It´s frustrating!
I always use win2000 mode...in win7 mode it´s even more worse...

JamoZ

I wouldn`t hold my breath that it will be fixed in the next beta. If PiBoSo knew what`s causing it it would probably already been fixed, or at least have us known what`s the cause and that he`s working on it. Right now i`m not seeing either of those.

Hawk

What tracks are you guys using when you get regular core.exe crashes?

I personally am convinced that it is more down to track/terrain mesh problems that cause this than GP Bikes. Though I qualify this by saying that GP Bikes could be looked at closer to help solve this problem.

Again I must stress that this is just my personal opinion based on experience and tests while I have been building new track surfaces and seeing the mess that 99% of the ripped track mesh source files are in when I get them.

Hawk.

JamoZ

June 17, 2014, 02:47:11 PM #141 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:49:01 PM by JamoZ
Core problems go back as far as i can remember. It also happens on Victoria with stock bikes, standing still in the pits, clicking on the "go to track button" , touching other riders, during loading, in the main menu, when selecting bikes, exiting the game, even starting the game instantly creates core problems now and then. This can`t be all related to track/terrain problems..

C21

June 17, 2014, 02:57:36 PM #142 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:59:12 PM by C21
QuoteWhat tracks are you guys using when you get regular core.exe crashes?

Happened on all tracks!  ;)
I agree with Jamoz, it´s not a track issue.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on June 17, 2014, 02:47:11 PM
Core problems go back as far as i can remember. It also happens on Victoria with stock bikes, standing still in the pits, clicking on the "go to track button" , touching other riders, during loading, in the main menu, when selecting bikes, exiting the game, even starting the game instantly creates core problems now and then. This can`t be all related to track/terrain problems..

I think you'd be surprised JamoZ at what strange problems a dodgy track terrain mesh causes. Though as I rightly stressed, I don't think this is the only cause of core.exe's, but would help tremendously to cut down on the occurrences of this painful crash if this problem was sorted out properly. :)

As I understand, the data for the track and bikes is likely and can be processed to a degree before you actually enter the virtual world(Track).

Touching other riders: Well that could've just been a coincidence(not likely I know) in conjunction with another cause of the crash. Can this be repeated at will? It should be if this is a problem.

Personally I've never had a core crash while selecting a bike. Could have been a fault in the bike model mesh or MOD? Were you using a bike MOD at the time?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

The last problem I've seen happen seems really to indicate some sort of memory corruption.

On mozabike v1.1 (GPB Italia server) the 3rd split line is sometime at the wrong position.
I can see where it should be (with the MaxHUD plugin) and sometimes I see the chrono for the split stop before the bike reaches the right point on the track, like 1.5-2 seconds before.

When this happens you get a very very fast 3rd sector but a very slow 4th one (the overall time is correct).

Now, as detection of crossing split lines is not really complicate (and works, usually), I'm tempted to say that some memory corruption is at work here.
Pure speculation, but memory corruption is always the #1 candidate when you have this kind of bug/crashes.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on June 17, 2014, 02:57:36 PM

Then I can only think that it must be something to do with the setup of the PC, or something that has been or is installed other than GP Bikes that is clashing with a driver or something similar, maybe an application running in the background while GP Bikes is running; updaters etc, etc..... Check your start-up menu for any applications running that don't need to be.
Have you any toolbars installed(Notorious for creating problems)? Run an adware scan and CCleaner to get rid of any hidden crap that may have been installed while browsing the internet. Keep your system regularly defragged.
If you've done all these things and still getting regular core.exe problem the I give up!  :P

Hawk.

Hawk

June 17, 2014, 03:33:07 PM #146 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:50:16 PM by Hawk_UK

Hi C

I can certainly generate core.exe's at will with something you wouldn't believe was a track issue because you would not know it was there even if you looked for it(the track in game would look fine) without going into the track mesh in a 3D app.

Hawk.

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 17, 2014, 03:26:19 PM

Then I can only think that it must be something to do with the setup of the PC, or something that has been or is installed other than GP Bikes that is clashing with a driver or something similar, maybe an application running in the background while GP Bikes is running; updaters etc, etc..... Check your start-up menu for any applications running that don't need to be.
Have you any toolbars installed(Notorious for creating problems)? Run an adware scan and CCleaner to get rid of any hidden crap that may have been installed while browsing the internet. Keep your system regularly defragged.
If you've done all these things and still getting regular core.exe problem the I give up!  :P

Hawk.

I know my IT stuff :P , there is not a single folder,program or background service i`m not known with or doesn`t not serve a purpose on my system. I also reinstall windows every 3 months, i am 1000% sure it`s not on my end. It`s on PiBoSo`s end...

Hawk

@Max: Surely Piboso would have locked it down if it was just a memory leak problem? Are there not capable memory management modules around nowadays to contain and manage memory requirements needed? I thought the majority of memory leak problems were a thing of the past now?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 17, 2014, 03:47:20 PM
@Max: Surely Piboso would have locked it down if it was just a memory leak problem? Are there not capable memory management modules around nowadays to contain and manage memory requirements needed? I thought the majority of memory leak problems were a thing of the past now?
Not so sure .. memory leak is just forgetting to deallocate stuff: this can be detected (don't think in all the cases and in all the frameworks but yes, there are some tools).
Memory corruption is something more tricky to detect: essentially you're writing where you shouldn't. Sometimes it has zero impact, sometimes it screws everything up.

Memory corruption is the absolute nightmare for a developer: sometimes, just the fact of adding debug statements (e.g print or write some info out) makes the problem disappear (because you end up writing in a different area, which could have no impact). That's why sometimes this kind of bugs are named "Heisenbugs" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug)) (which, by the way, is a hell of clever name for these).

MaX.