• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
October 14, 2019, 03:54:03 pm

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


WINNER - Wimp | Hotlap Event #2 WorldSBK 17 | Autodrom Most

Started by Italian Mod Team, December 06, 2017, 05:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uberslug

Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 04:46:00 pm
Well here is my hotlap for now. It is a fast one but I can maybe improve a tiny bit if I can make the perfect lap. I'm willing to help everyone and give some tips on how to go faster if anyone wants me to :D

Laptime: 1.31.634
Bike: BMW s1000rr
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!xcMWAJgT!YAtX-ugH0VjfT1VmNRNnzQ


What controller do you use?

Wimp #97

Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 05:17:14 pm
Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 04:46:00 pm
Well here is my hotlap for now. It is a fast one but I can maybe improve a tiny bit if I can make the perfect lap. I'm willing to help everyone and give some tips on how to go faster if anyone wants me to :D

Laptime: 1.31.634
Bike: BMW s1000rr
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!xcMWAJgT!YAtX-ugH0VjfT1VmNRNnzQ


What controller do you use?


xbox360
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

uberslug

Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 05:33:39 pm
Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 05:17:14 pm
Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 04:46:00 pm
Well here is my hotlap for now. It is a fast one but I can maybe improve a tiny bit if I can make the perfect lap. I'm willing to help everyone and give some tips on how to go faster if anyone wants me to :D

Laptime: 1.31.634
Bike: BMW s1000rr
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!xcMWAJgT!YAtX-ugH0VjfT1VmNRNnzQ


What controller do you use?


xbox360


I will need to see video of you doing a 1:31 lap with a standard xbox360 game pad. Given that the xbox360 I have causes the bike to weave from side to side when it just sits on the desk after accelerating up to a given speed you must have gotten a REALLY good one. Either that or you should be hand weaving blankets for molecules because of your extraordinary manual dexterity.

Wimp #97

Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 05:45:05 pm

I will need to see video of you doing a 1:31 lap with a standard xbox360 game pad. Given that the xbox360 I have causes the bike to weave from side to side when it just sits on the desk after accelerating up to a given speed you must have gotten a REALLY good one. Either that or you should be hand weaving blankets for molecules because of your extraordinary manual dexterity.


The replay is in the link I posted with the lap.
Just add some more deadzone to the steering joystick input? My xbox 360 pad is pretty worn out so I use quite a bit of deadzone to keep it from doing things when I don't want it to.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

uberslug

Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 05:47:07 pm
Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 05:45:05 pm

I will need to see video of you doing a 1:31 lap with a standard xbox360 game pad. Given that the xbox360 I have causes the bike to weave from side to side when it just sits on the desk after accelerating up to a given speed you must have gotten a REALLY good one. Either that or you should be hand weaving blankets for molecules because of your extraordinary manual dexterity.


The replay is in the link I posted with the lap.
Just add some more deadzone to the steering joystick input? My xbox 360 pad is pretty worn out so I use quite a bit of deadzone to keep it from doing things when I don't want it to.


I meant video of you manipulating your controller and a 1:31 ish lap.  :D  Widening the dead zone makes the inputs far too violent for my taste resulting in too much lean far too quickly.

speedfr

Hi everyone,

i'll do as Uberslug, i've been practicing on my side, at first with Mister Kerazo, last week-end, but with my "rig" (Joystick T16 Thrustmaster !!! :-[) i'll never pass under 1:39:xxx that's why i won't come to the Hotlap event until i have made my own handlebar. Try it with a steering wheel but didn't like it at all.
I'll look at your replay as soon as i'm back home.
Thank you guys and Uberslug if you want to practice between newbies unequiped, let me know, i can start a server whenever (in the next 2 hours or so).
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   i7-4790K/16Go/GTX1080/1440p/Full WC

Wimp #97

Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 06:02:56 pm

I meant video of you manipulating your controller and a 1:31 ish lap.  :D  Widening the dead zone makes the inputs far too violent for my taste resulting in too much lean far too quickly.


I mean put the deadzone untill you always go straight when you are giving no input to the steering joystick. That should be the minimum deadzone imo
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

uberslug

Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 06:25:07 pm
Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 06:02:56 pm

I meant video of you manipulating your controller and a 1:31 ish lap.  :D  Widening the dead zone makes the inputs far too violent for my taste resulting in too much lean far too quickly.


I mean put the deadzone untill you always go straight when you are giving no input to the steering joystick. That should be the minimum deadzone imo


I set the dead zone so there is no directional input when the controller is sitting on the desk. The dead zone values are somewhere between three and ten percent dependent on the controller [1x XBox360, 1x XBox Elite, 2x Thrustmaster GPX].

Italian Mod Team

1.31 is great, here the Blacky's best.

Member: Blackheart
Laptime: 1.33.776
Bike: BMW s1000rr
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahb0enfiqwgttm5/Most_Blacky_1.33.776.rpy?dl=0

Wimp #97

Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 06:31:00 pm


I set the dead zone so there is no directional input when the controller is sitting on the desk. The dead zone values are somewhere between three and ten percent dependent on the controller [1x XBox360, 1x XBox Elite, 2x Thrustmaster GPX].


Then how do you swerve on the straights? :p
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

BOBR6 84

Great lap Wimp #97.. think i managed a 34 in the end after some laps.. i aint goin any faster..  :D Track/bike combo is brilliant though, great fun.

using a thrustmaster GPX pad.. same as xbox.

if your going slower than 1:39-40.. you need practice and that is all.

KG_03


uberslug

Quote from: Wimp #97 on December 11, 2017, 08:43:59 pm
Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 06:31:00 pm


I set the dead zone so there is no directional input when the controller is sitting on the desk. The dead zone values are somewhere between three and ten percent dependent on the controller [1x XBox360, 1x XBox Elite, 2x Thrustmaster GPX].


Then how do you swerve on the straights? :p


It is an either / or situation, if I have the dead zone set narrow enough that side to side transitions don't throw me on my arse, the bike weaves going straight. If I set it wide enough to keep the bike going straight when I take my thumb off of the stick the transitions from upright to leaned over and from side to side are so violent I end up on my arse.

KG_03

I had similar issue at the start. Although my bike still wobbles and I struggle most of the time to keep it right I have learned to manage it somehow. Still I watch with my mouth wide open when I see the times of other ppl. I do not try to find any excuse like that I play onboard or I play with game pad. But when I started to play the game I had wrong game pad settings. At this moment I use 35% Direct steering, I have calibrated the game pad and I use small silicon riser on the thumbstick to make the moves more precise. It helps a lot but still my bike is far from the smoothnes that I see on some replays.

Wimp #97

Quote from: uberslug on December 11, 2017, 10:51:50 pm


It is an either / or situation, if I have the dead zone set narrow enough that side to side transitions don't throw me on my arse, the bike weaves going straight. If I set it wide enough to keep the bike going straight when I take my thumb off of the stick the transitions from upright to leaned over and from side to side are so violent I end up on my arse.


Like KG said, try to fiddle around with the direct steering and you can also smooth the input of the lean so that it isn't from nothing to max lean in a very short time. You can make that slower just by adjusting some settings if i recall correctly.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018