• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Old] Suter MMX500 v. 1.3 (Beta 14)

Started by Italian Mod Team, January 06, 2018, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

doesn't really make sense. the 2t powerband is not caused by carbs/FI but the simple fact that the exhaust can only be tuned to create maximum back pressure at one given frequency/RPM. you can inject all the fuel you want in the lower revs if the air to required to burn it is just going out the exhaust....

speedfr

;D ;D ;D ;D

Great, go to dl asap !!!

Thank you guys !! :-*
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Hawk

Hmm... I find it strange that the engine model of the 90's GP250 2 stroke bikemods was just the same yet only myself and a couple of other guys suggested it ran with a  4 stroke engine power characteristic and should be altered more to reality for the era of the bikes, yet so many riders here seem to be wrongly jumping on this like a ton of bricks with the MMX500 BikeMOD?

The MMX500 engine power-band according to the riders feedback that have tested the real bike all say that it has a much more gradual progressive power-curve with much more torque at the lower rev ranges than the old GP500 bikes of the 80's and 90's..... The MMX is what it is.... It's not an old school GP500 engine(unfortunately), it's a typical bastardized modern electronically controlled abomination of a true 2 stroke engine in my opinion. :P
Any old school rider can see and hear from the published videos of rider tests with the real MMX 500 that it certainly isn't anything like the old school GP500's.... You can hear the power-curve and characteristics are totally different to the old school GP500 narrow power-bands that came in with a bit of a bang back in those good old days.

Personally for sports events I think they should stop any electronically controlling performance enhancing devices being used.... As far as I'm concerned it's cheating and tantamount to an athlete taking performance enhancing drugs! Let's get back to a pure marriage of man and machine and let true talents shine brightly again! ;) 8)

speedfr

Quote from: Hawk on January 27, 2018, 09:16:51 PM

Personally for sports events I think they should stop any electronically controlling performance enhancing devices being used.... As far as I'm concerned it's cheating and tantamount to an athlete taking performance enhancing drugs! Let's get back to a pure marriage of man and machine and let true talents shine brightly again! ;) 8)

ahhh, if only....  :o
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Italian Mod Team

January 28, 2018, 06:02:17 AM #94 Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:10:13 AM by Italian Mod Team
Quote from: KG13 on January 27, 2018, 05:45:14 PM
The new bike feels fantastic now. I have found two issues:
-the LED RPM light and RPM on the dashboard in onboard camera do not match. The engine hits the RPM limiter and still there are no red LED light and the dashboard stops in the middle of RPM indicator
-I cant downshift - when I press the downshift button the gear stays in the same place. It happens between 2nd-3rd and 4th gear. Probably occurs when the rear wheel rizes up under hard braking.

Thank you for your hard work. If feels like a tornado now. Love it.

Ups the engine is changed with max rpm at 13k need to update the gfx file :P

Tomorrow a fix for this.

The second issue, its not a mod issue; in GP Bikes with bumps, above curbs and when the rear wheel not touch the ground you can't change gear.

Italian Mod Team

January 28, 2018, 07:49:11 AM #95 Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:57:11 AM by Italian Mod Team
Here the fix for the rpm lights, not care about rpm numbers in the dash because it was created with the old engine specs. 

KG_03

speedfr

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 28, 2018, 07:49:11 AM
Here the fix for the rpm lights, not care about rpm numbers in the dash because it was created with the old engine specs.

Nice and quick fix !
Did give a try yesterday night with KG13 joining me on Mugello ( :-*) , the behavior of the bike changed but as i said, i can't judge or say anything compare to the engine itself, my controller (joystick + pedals from my thrusmaster wheel  :o :o :o ) is too crappy to be able to says anything interesting.
But it was fun and a good test of the Beta 13. Still have to work on the Trainer part.

Thanks IMT !

badexample69

January 29, 2018, 03:43:14 AM #98 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:45:26 AM by badexample69
Thank you :P guys @ IMT. Love the update of the Suter and the WSBK pack! Really awesome!  8)

Donald Trump approved! The Suter finally got some balls!

badexample69

Quote from: vini97 on January 27, 2018, 06:28:40 PM
doesn't really make sense. the 2t powerband is not caused by carbs/FI but the simple fact that the exhaust can only be tuned to create maximum back pressure at one given frequency/RPM. you can inject all the fuel you want in the lower revs if the air to required to burn it is just going out the exhaust....

Living in Canada, the major brands of snowmobile are mostly all EFI. You get a more linear, smoother powerband without being slower. With the right mapping, it normally idle better than any carb engine with no boggyness down low. It just rips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdeGRGTvwPs

janaucarre

Hi,
Thank you for this great bike.
I like the sound before v1. 1, it's sounded much dirty.
The problem for downshifting can be repeated each lap at same place.
Thank you.
Bathurst with this is crazy.

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: janaucarre on January 29, 2018, 09:19:03 PM
Hi,
Thank you for this great bike.
I like the sound before v1. 1, it's sounded much dirty.
The problem for downshifting can be repeated each lap at same place.
Thank you.
Bathurst with this is crazy.

You can download the sounds from the UC database or from an other bike, samples and scl files are not a problem online.

KG_03

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on January 28, 2018, 06:02:17 AM
Quote from: KG13 on January 27, 2018, 05:45:14 PM
The new bike feels fantastic now. I have found two issues:
-the LED RPM light and RPM on the dashboard in onboard camera do not match. The engine hits the RPM limiter and still there are no red LED light and the dashboard stops in the middle of RPM indicator
-I cant downshift - when I press the downshift button the gear stays in the same place. It happens between 2nd-3rd and 4th gear. Probably occurs when the rear wheel rizes up under hard braking.

Thank you for your hard work. If feels like a tornado now. Love it.
The second issue, its not a mod issue; in GP Bikes with bumps, above curbs and when the rear wheel not touch the ground you can't change gear.

After playing some other bikes I have noticed that I can do a stoppie and still change gears. But in case of Suter the downshift is impossible even when the rear wheel is touching the ground.

Italian Mod Team

Quote from: KG13 on February 01, 2018, 04:19:33 PM
After playing some other bikes I have noticed that I can do a stoppie and still change gears. But in case of Suter the downshift is impossible even when the rear wheel is touching the ground.

Checked now also with stoppies the bike change gear all the time.

KG_03

True but in some situations the gear just do not drop down. On Mugello it was less visible but for example at Motegi at that fast backstraight it I couldn't drop 2-3 gears.