• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:10 PM

Game Crashes with moded bikes

Started by JohnyMnemonic, January 19, 2018, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnyMnemonic

Hi Everybody
I followed all intructions, studied this forum triple checked everything tried variety of bike mods, reinstalling the software tried it on different PC to no avail.
Anyone knows what i didnt find out myself ? I got as far as bike mods appearing in game menu but when i selected it .exe just crashed. It is very frustrating since i was hoping for peacefull friday evening of learning GP bikes and got 3 hours of hell and rage instead.
Track mods work fine.

thank you for any suggestions. I already asked for a refund in case no one can help me make it work but of course i would rather play GP Bikes but in working and non frustrating state.

Wimp #97

Do you have the correct tyre files for the bikes? otherwise it crashes.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

JohnyMnemonic

I tried couple things.

1. Downloaded pkz files from mods directory on mega. Created directories for them which didnt work so i put them into bikes folder without their own folder which made them appear in game menu but crashed.

2. downloaded mods in zips which made their own directory and bike appeared in game menu but crashed as well

3. downloaded some latest bike mods hoping they would play with beta12 i have (i think moto gp gixxer ) with tyre file and repeated proces in point 1. (directory and no directory)... bike appeared in menu but crashed

matty0l215

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=5304.0

Take a look at this post and compare it to your file structure. Just make sure it looks the same for the folders (bikes may differ slightly)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JohnyMnemonic

thank you for your input, i didnt create tyres directory in gpbikes so this step actually got me as far as game loading 2014 Gixxer on to a Oulton Park track but crashed upon syncing...  :-\

matty0l215

you will need the LAA Hack to get Oulton Park to load (and many other tracks/bikes)

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4850.msg76951#msg76951

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 10, 2017, 08:28:34 PM

• Launch Large Address Aware
  • Click the three dots on the right hand side of the window
  • locate core.exe in you GPBikes folder
  • Make sure the check box on step 2 is Ticked!
  • Click Save
  • Done!

I've been using this a while now and It works great for me. Previous tracks that would run slow now are playable for me :)

JohnyMnemonic

ok guys first off.. THANKS for your patience.. i tried the model on default Philip Island track and now it works... i kinda accept some issues and i had no problem with some when purchasing this.. so i guess some bikes wont work on all tracks... and now i see your reply so i ok.. no refund and i greet everyone in this community :)

and also.. whoever made that gixxer model GREAT WORK :)

2tfanatic

Quote from: JohnyMnemonic on January 19, 2018, 08:40:02 PM
ok guys first off.. THANKS for your patience.. i tried the model on default Philip Island track and now it works... i kinda accept some issues and i had no problem with some when purchasing this.. so i guess some bikes wont work on all tracks... and now i see your reply so i ok.. no refund and i greet everyone in this community :)

and also.. whoever made that gixxer model GREAT WORK :)

This game is heavily modified so expect some issues along the road :D

finpower

Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

finpower

Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

finpower

Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

JohnyMnemonic

I already aplied mentioned LAA hack and now everything works... thanks a lot guys... daym after years of steam i almost forgot how we tried to make DOS games work in 90s.. this game is so old school :)

doubledragoncc

Wot you mean OLD SCHOOL???

Its easier than GP500 was and Im a young guy at 54 lol

I actually prefer Piboso's way as it means I dont get wot I dont want lol

Glad you got it working m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Good to hear you got it working.

It's a shame that we have to make work arounds for such things But this game is a beta and will hopefully will be improved. Somday...