• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Suggestions and wishlist recap

Started by HornetMaX, January 19, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Those who have replied to my post have not understand what i wanted to say,So closed for me.
It's strange to see the comming people in a thread for posting about things asked many months and many times before, and not about new thing.

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on August 09, 2014, 12:02:23 PM
Those who have replied to my post have not understand what i wanted to say,So closed for me.
To be honest janaucarre, even me I didn't understand exactly what you want: auto clutch is slower than manual clutch when starting from stand, so ?

You want a better auto-clutch ? Doesn't make a lot of sense, you should probably just use manual clutch.

It would be like asking for a better "brake help" because with "brake help" on you are slower than with it off.

Or maybe I'm missing something of what you are saying ...

MaX.

janaucarre

I use the manual clutch from my first lap on gpb.
After all this time I still can not use it correctly. My first use of a clutch on a real bike was at about 7 years old, and in 5 minutes, or 10, i used it easily and have no more problem until GPBike:)
My suggestion, after a discussion with JC21, is that in automatic clutch mod, the motor must take more rpm before letting go the clutch. We don't have this problem with murasama because there is so much power. The 2 strokes automatic clutch goes at 2000 rpm and let the clutch, it's a non sense but if you do on a standard road in real life. I think the motor needs to be at 12000 or 14000 RPM before let go the clutch.
The other solution is to make another manual clutch more easy to use (3 years is not enough), but i don't want it and all those who have passed either.
Is it more clear or must i to enlarge my explanations?

HornetMaX

It's clear now, thanks.

But I still don't see the problem: you are saying that people on manual give you (on auto) 200m at start ? So it is possible to have a good start in GPB on manual clutch.

MaX.

janaucarre

I have removed the older post for less understanding problems.
My problem is not that manual clutcher can make better start than auto clutcher, the problem is what i'was talking about in previous post.
The start is unrealistic (I know this is spearheaded by) with auto clutch.
Like one said: the 2 stroke 500cc have really no power under 10000 rpm, so if you try to start a 2 stroke 500cc race, you must to be at 10000 to start, if no you can only stand or going rear.
Second thing: It's so hard to do a good start (alone or not) with manual clutch, as i said before i use it from more than 3 years and i can't do 2 times the same or approximatively the same, in real life it's just really really really easier.

I think what i ask for is not a real difficult to implement, that's why i ask for.
I ask for that because it's a wish from me and other persons, and it can make the game better.
I repeat that we dont need that for 1000cc (for this beta).

Thank you.

HornetMaX

OK, I see now.

Looking at the autoclutch section (of the 990, only one I have at hand) in the bike.cfg, it is clear to me that the autoclutch is not intended to do fast starts: it's only intended to gently start from stop.

You can probably play with these values and see what you can obtain, but as there's only one setting, you can either have it configured to do fast starts (assuming it is possible, which is not sure) or for gentle starts. And if you "set it on fast starts", then exiting from the pits ...

There's only one way: manual. I'm even surprised about Hawk approving this: I mean, old school, rider view, no helps at all and then auto clutch ? Sounds strange.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 09, 2014, 03:17:50 PM

There's only one way: manual. I'm even surprised about Hawk approving this: I mean, old school, rider view, no helps at all and then auto clutch ? Sounds strange.

MaX.

Hi Max.

Did I support auto clutch for the same reason Janau wants auto clutch for(Can't find my post here about that)?

An auto-clutch for starts doesn't make sense to me, and besides, surely that would potentially give a BIG advantage for starts to any auto-clutch guys if Piboso implemented an auto-clutch system that could handle the revs for the starts? Part of the skill of racing is using your skill with the manual clutch off the start line.  :)

The only reason I'm still using the auto clutch with manual gear change at this time is because I'm still learning full manual riding right now and it's all I can do to not get information overload while operating all other manual controls right now. LOL. As soon as things start to become automatic I'll certainly be moving over to total manual clutch control.

But using auto clutch for starting on the 2 stroke bikes is something you either put up with the slow starts or it's a no go area without the likely potential of flipping the bike over at the start. Manual clutch is really the only option for a good start in 2 stroke races, but my biggest problem with that is being able to judge the revs by sound(which is my way of using a clutch), because the engine sound(especially on a 2 stroke grid) is totally drowned out by all the other bike engine noises, so even the manual clutch is pretty much a useless addition for the 2 stroke bikes at this stage of development for use as a start tool. I'm very surprised Piboso hasn't applied an ambient engine sound slider so we can adjust it to our liking? Can this be so hard to apply? It's been asked for many times.  ::)

But to be honest, since beta 5/b came out I've hardly practiced at all.... I had my 1st fully manual practice session on Klax's server about 4 - 5 weeks ago(thought I could get back into riding again) but not ridden a bike since that time.... I've been more interested in the Modding side and other work and not really had the time needed to learn this manual riding stuff, but I'm determined not to ride GPB any other way now but manual only. The bike just seems to react more life-like when everything is fully manual and I'm sick and tired of the worsening low-sides in auto rider mode; so no more auto-ride mode for me.  :)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

i struggled with manual clutch for that reason in the laguna race! couldnt hear it lol. i suppose i should have just dropped it but you run the risk of flipping.. instead i crawled off the line and unfortunately the guy behind hit me because of this..

i use manual clutch full stop.. but to be honest i rarely use it even when downshifting lol not good.. the thing is its exactly the same! manual/auto clutch. if you d/shift with auto clutch.. then d/shift with manual clutch but dont use the clutch.. no difference!

the front brake seems to dictate the revs for some reason?

HornetMaX

The sound issue is known and your request for an ambient sound volume slider sounds legitimate to me.
However I don't think implementing some sort of "launch control" is a solution for the problem.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 09, 2014, 04:20:22 PM
The only reason I'm still using the auto clutch with manual gear change at this time is because I'm still learning full manual riding right now and it's all I can do to not get information overload while operating all other manual controls right now.

Hmm ... I think you're mixing up the different options: Auto Clutch only helps you when starting from still. Shift Help, on the other hand, is something supposed to allow you to shift gears up (maybe even down) without using the clutch.

So setting Auto Clutch OFF and Shift Help ON, you can have manual clutch for the start and then shift gears manually (i.e. Automatic Shift OFF) but without using the clutch.

But there's a funny thing: if I recall correctly, right now, even on a bike without shifter like the varese, you can shift up without using the clutch and without lifting the throttle, even with Shift Help OFF. What's even stranger to me, you can even shift down without clutch.

On the mursasama, as it has a shifter, it is normal to be able to shift up without clutch/throttle lift, even if Shift help is OFF. However, the fact you can shift down with no clutch with Shift help OFF is still strange.

MaX.

Klax75

In beta 3, on the 500cc and 125cc you couldn't up shift when giving a lot of throttle. You could if you used the clutch. But for me, I found that if for a split second released throttle then shift it worked for me. And my lap times were the same as if I used the clutch.

After Beta 4, 4b, and Beta 5, 5b you can up shift on the 500cc, and 125cc anytime you want. So I always assumed this was a bug since it wasn't like this before.

BOBR6 84

yep. you dont need the clutch to upshift but without a quickshifter you should have to roll off the throttle.. must be a bug

HornetMaX

Right Klax, beta3 didn't have the issue on shifting up. But even more of a bug is the clutchless down shift, and this has always been there as far as I can remember.

Admittedly, Piboso said once the gearbox simulation is not satisfactory at the moment.

MaX.

WALKEN

Wouldn't a ghost bike distract from development of important things such as  physics/netcode etc?
Help me, help you!

matty0l215

Quote from: WALKEN on August 09, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
Wouldn't a ghost bike distract from development of important things such as  physics/netcode etc?
+1
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Arvoss

Quote from: WALKEN on August 09, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

The code is there as KRP has a ghost ;)